Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DDOS, What's your way to prevent it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All so complex. Dos and DDoS attacks can be stopped simply by finding a dedicated host who actually cares about them.

Havnt had any issues with DDoS since.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All so complex. Dos and DDoS attacks can be stopped simply by finding a dedicated host who actually cares about them.

Havnt had any issues with DDoS since.

Maybe telling what services you use from them would've been more helpful, because i really doubt that a normal dedicated server in the 100 eur range is any good against ddos. I've hosted only non-donation server for about 2 years now, so I didn't try any expensive solutions, but for me the best choice was to quit any dedicated server I've tried before and just host it at home behind router with the website on a different host ofc. This way I could have more control and if not prevent certain problems, I definitely fixed them faster then it would go on a normal dedicated server. I wonder if anyone around here has tried gigenet or staminus; I was always interested in their servers.

NN - Nord & Noob
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you give some information on your claims ?

Hw and soft dont know if its normal player or ddos atacker.. all will be effected ;) plus if 200PC and each do 10k connection atack your DNS server or IP.. no hardware can stop it! :lol:

u can disable all connections except local country :closedeyes:
this is way better then waste money for soft or hardware who claim that can stop ddos

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hw and soft dont know if its normal player or ddos atacker.. all will be effected ;) plus if 200PC and each do 10k connection atack your DNS server or IP.. no hardware can stop it! :lol:

u can disable all connections except local country :closedeyes:
this is way better then waste money for soft or hardware who claim that can stop ddos

thats bunch of bullcrap and you know it! (or you're just god damn ignorant.

most controlable hardware firewalls (cisco, firebox etc) have an option to limit connections/ip rate, when passed all time out

some software firewalls like comodo and some dsl modems have similiar features too

if connection per ip rate is limited to say 5-10..well assuming your connection is atleast half decent the attacker shouldnt be able to do much

NN - Nord & Noob
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thats bunch of bullcrap and you know it! (or you're just god damn ignorant.
blah.. u not worth my time :) rush and learn ddos. Only way 2 stop this beast........ there is no such a ways ^^ just dont duck with a wrong guys... nobody is protected against ddos

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hosting the web in other hosting and is perfect.. and be carefull in open ports

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use a cloud svr with firewall of server itself (no soft)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
buy this fw [/B].com/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
simply some private host with anti-dos fw :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
good way is to get good secure dedicated server and domain then host all in ur server

most of the cases you will not get your money back from the server the server of MU you will not make profit

i have bought now a hardware firewall i know for shure that i will be attack in 7 days because then i will launch , i will test the idea

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hardware firewalls aren't made for mitigation, and once you get hit with a bigger attack your host will either null route you, or take you off the firewall.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Buy a Dedicated Server , with great hosting and protecting your Server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cheap host wont help you but expensive host can, what em trying to say is expensive host can provide you some protections even you dont have a knowledge for protecting your server, and i suggest go to a host that allready experience some ddos etc... good luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cisco firewalls cost a lot of money ......: D If the server you have polish kids, you can only pray xD

Back