Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DDOS, What's your way to prevent it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone do a guide on how to protect server? this is the easiest way of noobs like me to understand how to do it properly lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone do a guide on how to protect server? this is the easiest way of noobs like me to understand how to do it properly lol

properly protecting server is up to so many individual choices that you really should focus on learning some network basics rather than asking a direct guide.

Unknown Place
Reaction score
Also he won't be able to make any decent protection only by his own, if he wants something serious he must pay some company to complement his protection...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also he won't be able to make any decent protection only by his own, if he wants something serious he must pay some company to complement his protection...

that depends a lot, properly configured server can be protected even at home to a decent degree without help of companies, ofcourse it requires advanced understanding of networks, decent up & downlink and a good firewall like cisco or fibox (altho software firewall is still better than nothing)

Unknown Place
Reaction score
that depends a lot, properly configured server can be protected even at home to a decent degree without help of companies, ofcourse it requires advanced understanding of networks, decent up & downlink and a good firewall like cisco or fibox (altho software firewall is still better than nothing)

I have to disagree.

He won't be able to cope with any mid sized attack on his home, and nowadays this is too easy to get, even if he is in a dedicated server, he won't be able to, also doesn't matter where he knows good security practices or not, he doesn't have what is necessary to handle this.

Reaction score
Thats cost is really too much for prevent server from Ddos with hardware ( companies want 3000 - 5000 euro around for an ip like a joke )

best way is auto ban software if incoming connection 100+ , thats why big mu communities are using this method

Unknown Place
Reaction score
@19871986

Hello, not really, check the site I've linked here...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
keeping a low profile and to advertise in the right places.

Last edited:
Unknown Place
Reaction score
This and cloudflare seems to be the best choice atm, even the free one is good.
You don't have to have 10 anti flood softwares to run at the same time, windows firewall can do all if you just set it up correctly xD

Windows Firewall is just a simple traffic organizer, It doesn't deal with any type of flooding or layer 4 DoS/DDoS attack.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

$1000 per month are you kidding me ?
we don't have enought budget to spend that poop over $1000

Try to come up with more positive way.

Here the best ddos protection for now:

its call remote ddos protection

Unknown Place
Reaction score
CNServers is not that good, it just works for low budget servers, but there are still way better solutions hehe.

Unknown Place
Reaction score
I am not telling about website...
I will do it later, my firewall its inside my machine...

You guys can down my site but i am trying to improve my GAMESERVER Firewall.
I think this cannot be broken, help me test it please...
Some guys already attacking me, but just site down, mu still on ;)

You should stop beliving that a 'software' inside a 'regular hardware server/pc' will be able to do anything useful.

There are serious companies which are investing millions in research and equipment development specific for this, and you won't be able to discover the wheel again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's what i have.
Until now i did not get any down ...
I think my protection is working, you guys should believe in people work...
Like mine =)

Test it by your self -

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Does't seem like this thread went anywhere.
The admins in here with stable servers, is it possible to run a protected server without a big investment?
Which dedicated/vps would you recommend and which softwares for anti-dos?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does't seem like this thread went anywhere.
The admins in here with stable servers, is it possible to run a protected server without a big investment?
Which dedicated/vps would you recommend and which softwares for anti-dos?

altho im not running server at the moment i have witnessed-, been part of- and runned many servers during my time.. and one general rule is:

running server always requires investment of time, money and loads and loads of patience, ratio and scale depending on server type, game, popularity and resources available.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I recommend you this software: . For me it works very well and it's not expensive.

Back