Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dedicated Server or VPS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I will be creating a private mu online server season 6, however I'm not very familiar with the hosting and how it works.

I would like someone to suggests which one I should pick. At the moment I created two options, one is dedicated server another is VPS. I would appreciate if you could comment and tell me which one you prefer and what is missing in the options below.

Choice 1 ( dedicated server ) :

Choice 2 ( vps ) :
GMdon - Dedicated Server or VPS - RaGEZONE Forums

xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hey

A few things to consider when choosing a server

1)Location - Choose a server that will be in a good location for the bulk of the users playing your game
2)If choosing a VPS you can always start small and most providers can easily upgrade your server with a simple reboot without dataloss
3)Ask other server owners who they host with, how they would rate their providers services

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

I chose the hosting to be from England. I researched and found that; if the hosting is from Canada for eg. The people from Europe will have latency that's why I picked England, but when I play using a server which is hosted from Canada I don't have any latency. I'm currently in Europe.

I asked a few people and most are using VPS of OVH. They have issues with DDoS attacks.

Also in the reviews for a dedicated server I found that they have good security from DDoS attacks and is far better than VPS.

Upvote 0
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

I chose the hosting to be from England. I researched and found that; if the hosting is from Canada for eg. The people from Europe will have latency that's why I picked England, but when I play using a server which is hosted from Canada I don't have any latency. I'm currently in Europe.

I asked a few people and most are using VPS of OVH. They have issues with DDoS attacks.

Also in the reviews for a dedicated server I found that they have good security from DDoS attacks and is far better than VPS.

Great, the main reason i asked as we host a number of MU customers who started on our Canada and Europe based servers, they found that most of their user base was coming from Asia and had a lot of latency issues. Most moved to the Singapore based servers and all been happy since. Most seem to provide good feedback for the OVH game compared to the OVH standard Anti DDOS protection.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great, the main reason i asked as we host a number of MU customers who started on our Canada and Europe based servers, they found that most of their user base was coming from Asia and had a lot of latency issues. Most moved to the Singapore based servers and all been happy since. Most seem to provide good feedback for the OVH game compared to the OVH standard Anti DDOS protection.

So you mean that if i get hosting from Asia the people
wont have latency if they are from Europe or America?

And if i get host from Europe its possible people from Asia and America to have latency?

Upvote 0
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
So you mean that if i get hosting from Asia the people
wont have latency if they are from Europe or America?

And if i get host from Europe its possible people from Asia and America to have latency?

As I have said from my experience most of the MU online servers seem to need to be Asia based, but would always advise to use OVH game based servers compared to the standard anti ddos servers

If you need any test IP addresses to test ping feel free to private message me and will be happy to send you some over

Upvote 0
Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
You should consider thinking about the amount of players you will have, otherwise, you'll end up wasting alot of money renting a dedi for something a VPS can handle.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should consider thinking about the amount of players you will have, otherwise, you'll end up wasting alot of money renting a dedi for something a VPS can handle.
How can i know.. i hope to have good community, i think to pay for adverts a lot, also to make the server really good, but you never know what will happen, specially these days with those servers 1000+on but actually they have 20 i think, cause server inside is empty.

Upvote 0
Back