Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How difficult attacks DDoS/Spoofing

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello!

Everyone knows that DDoS /Spoofing/Syn Flood today is a headache for owners of servers, whether large, medium or high scale.

The truth is that there is no way to stop these attacks, but there is a way that hinders them here on the forum believe that there are people capable of passing tips that can help to me and several other members of this community.

*First, for people who have knowledge, how could hinder a DDoS attack without our vps DDoS protection offered by the company or purchased from third parties, only few settings and programs?

Second, there is a configuration specifies that impairs vps server crash?

Third, companies which provide services on behalf of vps with ddos protection?

I thank all those who answer, and preferably, to give greater attention to the first topic (*) that would be my case.

Thank you!

Staff member
Reaction score
I say use: if you contact the owner, you can ask him for dedicated ports, pretty cheap also. Works great for a game server and is really fast. you can choose for a US or EU anti ddos proxy.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
They are cheap yea, and I know the Owner from RZ :) He helped me very well on the anti ddos ports also, if you need protection, this is your guy.

I bought, I will wait for the proper functioning of it and then I'm going to design some mass attacks, to see if it really 'worth it'.

You use this proxy? Have you had any problems?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I use Limestone too! It can block up to 10 Gbps of DDoS for an additional of 25 USD.

Unknown Place
Reaction score
Yeah, this is blacklotus protection, works for some cases, but against multiple booters, it fails, and no, it doesn't really defends you up to 'full 10 gbps', this is a marketing trick.

Limestone acquired '10 Gbps' of BlackLotus, so they share it among their customers, for 25 usd, however, if you want something really cheap and can't pay more, maybe it can solve the problem for you ! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use Limestone Protected too, and there i've protected from DDoS and them solved my problems with problems.

good attention by them

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually you can't get protected localy, you need to be protected before anything reaches your server. That's why any software won't help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually you can't get protected localy, you need to be protected before anything reaches your server. That's why any software won't help.

protip:if you're hosting yourself and not on a dedi, and cant affort a cisco/hp/fibox firewall, then the next best thing is a secondary computer between the router and the server, running your favourite linux distribution with some proper fw software and blocking all but the necessary ports you're using for the server.

Hell, if i was still active and running some big server I would have already become hopeless enought to build my own server-fw-client software for fw comp that only allows authorized connections through the fw from muonline client to the server and the fw would automatically drop everything else based on if it would have my encrypted key included in the client.

naturally 2 fullduplex optical fibers, 1gb/s up/downlinks , one for web server & some similiar setup for it as i described for the server, one for gameserver and connection between webserver and gameserver/db on LAN through secondary network cards using optical fiber.

buut thats just me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can i use Limestone Protected order if i`m not client?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I use protection from black lotus and not solving my problem this are the larger than 10gbs and not against better attacks at a good price

Back