Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dos, Ddos, DrDos. Did your server had one of these attacks?

Did your server ever got attacked by Ddos?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ddos has a lot of methods, the most used Ddos method is spam requests, opening connections to a server with TCP, UDP and HTTP methods. Ddos will never be stopped, but we can prevent it.

Methods for ddosing:
ICMP
UDP
TCP-Synflood
HTTP/Crawling
SSL
Mailserver/Spam
I work for: (No advertisement)
We work with advanced firewalls, too bad people can't just order these, because these firewalls are like $300 a month.
There are alot of worse DDOSing methods than the ones you wrote above.
I'm not even sure if those are DDOS attacks or DOS attacks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ddos has a lot of methods, the most used Ddos method is spam requests, opening connections to a server with TCP, UDP and HTTP methods. Ddos will never be stopped, but we can prevent it.

Methods for ddosing:
ICMP
UDP
TCP-Synflood
HTTP/Crawling
SSL
Mailserver/Spam
I work for: (No advertisement)
We work with advanced firewalls, too bad people can't just order these, because these firewalls are like $300 a month.

NO! Ive tested blocking inbound and outbound (using IPSEC + MS Firewall) to one of my server (without any hardware firewall) under attack and even that didnt help. Imagine how this attack can cripple a server without any open port, im using kvm in that time.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i use as my host they offer free ddos protection and there servers are cheap

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i supposed that, but... why they changed his name?

also

They are trying to get new kind of clients... not everyone needs a 64gb dedicated server....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ya ive been attacked before and didnt phase my server one bit pretty solid and prices are cheap i gotta say its a great host except for the fact its located in france -.-

kimisufi sucks butt dont use them trust me i made that mistake xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ya ive been attacked before and didnt phase my server one bit pretty solid and prices are cheap i gotta say its a great host except for the fact its located in france -.-

you have another choice: BHS (Canada)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Is kimsufi worse than a vps at nfoservers?? Let me know please. Thx.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
For all people, I was being attacked in the last like 1 month was very difficult to stop it, (I make a mistake forgetting to put firewall On, dont forget to turn it on!!!) , i recommend the method of changing ip addresses, actually OVH is a cheap and good in vps and dedicated, they offer you mitigation that enables after ddoss attack (or permanent but i do not recommend this, cases lag because is analysing alll packets), but the problem of this mitigation is that the connection is partially lost when it enables to stop a DDos attack.

I have a VPS with OVh, the Connection is really good, uptime.

For first time i think is good , but if you have money to pay for something better, do it. And of course get a BHS server, not in france or youre gonna die with 1000 minutes of ping.

Also configure firewall rules, have different ip addresses combine it to ensure protection. Only for making the work of a attacker more difficult.

Also the attack looks like this:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
bout 3 months now its not bad i use soyoustart.com the latency can become alil bad at times but having clients use WTFast works amazing on the latency

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend OVH for hosting game servers, support sucks. Had to wait 2 weeks for my Cloud VPS (99.99% SLA) to come back online, and i didn't even receive a compensation. It's pretty good for non-critical things though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For all people, I was being attacked in the last like 1 month was very difficult to stop it, (I make a mistake forgetting to put firewall On, dont forget to turn it on!!!) , i recommend the method of changing ip addresses, actually OVH is a cheap and good in vps and dedicated, they offer you mitigation that enables after ddoss attack (or permanent but i do not recommend this, cases lag because is analysing alll packets), but the problem of this mitigation is that the connection is partially lost when it enables to stop a DDos attack.

I have a VPS with OVh, the Connection is really good, uptime.

For first time i think is good , but if you have money to pay for something better, do it. And of course get a BHS server, not in france or youre gonna die with 1000 minutes of ping.

Also configure firewall rules, have different ip addresses combine it to ensure protection. Only for making the work of a attacker more difficult.

Also the attack looks like this:

what another host have good DDoS protection with reasonable prices? OVH and stop counting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no good DDoS protection. Just believe me ;)

misterious man? xD

I know it, but i meant a DDoS protection enought to stop noobs that attack with stresser/botters and shits like that. People who only pay a small amount of USD and annoy others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back