Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone has experience with putting custom models into mu?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post here, hope you're all doing well. I'm a 3D artist and I've been trying to put custom models into Mu Online. I use Maya and 3DSmax for my work, but have had little success making the files work in the game. I usually export .fbx, import it into Milkshape and export it as SMD then use a BMD converter. It works but the scale is way off and animations don't work at all :(

Has anyone had any positive experience doing it with this or other workflows? Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
I did used 3dsmax and had to get specific plugins for exporting to .smd here:

use this and convert to .smd then with pentium tools convert to .bmd or better use this simple converter by draggin the .smd inside with the texture and it converts just like u want.

View attachment SMDtoBMDConverter.rar

notice: for new models of season 7+ might not work.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! Where could I get these specific plugins for exporting SMD? I'll make sure to try this, thank you so much!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Milkshape is very useful.
It can import a lot of formats and can as well import/export smd files.
From smd you need to convert to bmd with the tool Karli provided for you or with Pentium tools :)
Would be interesting to see some of your works, 2-3 screenshot would be nice if you would like to show us.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Milkshape > resize all, it working now.

Back