Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any Future Projects/Plans?

Reaction score
Hey, so im sure there are people around who do something but many dont know and we think that no one does something, just few got some projects etc.

I'd like to know who's having projects going on? whats ur plans etc.

Let's say i am planing to create a video tutorials explaining everything specifically for newbies what each file does in server files/client files etc, what u got? :D

peace

Reaction score
The only thing left to do for MU is the releases being updated.... The section has been around so long I really don't think there is much left to do.

If someone can't find what they're looking for via searching at this point, I don't think they should be trying to set up a server. In any case, a series of tutorials would be a pretty nice idea for the dummies out there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Recreate the client, I got a good start in another project, even reaching at least playable everything is fluid.

My schedule is to launch a full version of lorencia, monsters and DK stuff in Jun/July. Then I have the basics and be able to concentrate on recreating other capabilities of the game.

I intend to create a thread here, but I want to make something "playable"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Recreate the client, I got a good start in another project, even reaching at least playable everything is fluid.

My schedule is to launch a full version of lorencia, monsters and DK stuff in Jun/July. Then I have the basics and be able to concentrate on recreating other capabilities of the game.

Waiting impatiently for any details! Got any video of current work state?

Reaction score
Waiting for some support from Mu users and RZ staff to get my mod status back. So I can clean and organize this section again. Make it worthy of it's title. Biggest and longest community on this forum.

It's a big project. I miss moderating here so Ducking much!

faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Waiting for some support from Mu users and RZ staff to get my mod status back. So I can clean and organize this section again. Make it worthy of it's title. Biggest and longest community on this forum.

It's a big project. I miss moderating here so Ducking much!
Oh I'll give you something to moderate, don't you worry.

:elefant:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Waiting impatiently for any details! Got any video of current work state?

Yes.

I have 5-7 minutes of game play. It is under development, i.e: I'm planning 3 "builds" before begin the second part of the development, which is to make it online. There is no reason to not make these 3 "builds" public, no wait ...

My concern is this:

If I make a topic containing my builds, the first is the basics of the game. Lorencia, DarkKnight, 4 Mobs, 2 Axes and 2 Leather items, without foliage and adornments. people will understand that doing the basics, in a right way, i can speed up the entire development? Or I'll hear, "Dragon Set", "Wings", "single player sux", "no gold fenrir"?

Let's see.:)

Reaction score
Yes.

I have 5-7 minutes of game play. It is under development, i.e: I'm planning 3 "builds" before begin the second part of the development, which is to make it online. There is no reason to not make these 3 "builds" public, no wait ...

My concern is this:

If I make a topic containing my builds, the first is the basics of the game. Lorencia, DarkKnight, 4 Mobs, 2 Axes and 2 Leather items, without foliage and adornments. people will understand that doing the basics, in a right way, i can speed up the entire development? Or I'll hear, "Dragon Set", "Wings", "single player sux", "no gold fenrir"?

Let's see.:)

As long as you list in detail what's in game and what the project is for, you'll likely find most people supporting you rather than complaining about missing features.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've been editing and reskinning maps, so my Lorencia will likely be released later in the week, followed by a desert-styled Arena.

Are you changing how objects and terrain are textured? The existing way Webzen used is ridiculous and prevents some objects and terrain from being updated to higher quality due to stretching.

Reaction score
Still working on an C# server emulator, from the ground up, clean code design, very extendable and customizable. Far more progressed than similiar projects I saw here, but created no thread, because people would always ask "project dead?" :mad:

However, in the last months I had no time for progress, but in the next ones it will probably be better (moved closer to work, 90 mins more time per day). When the time is right, I will put the source on GitHub.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been editing and reskinning maps, so my Lorencia will likely be released later in the week, followed by a desert-styled Arena.

Are you changing how objects and terrain are textured? The existing way Webzen used is ridiculous and prevents some objects and terrain from being updated to higher quality due to stretching.

A bit off topic, can you tell me what program you use for map editing? Id like to give a shot at making my own mu maps.

I have a lot of experience using maya and UDK, so I want to give map making in mu a try :)

Also if you know what program I can use to create/skin weapons or armours so it works with mu, can you tell me? :d

Reaction score
Still working on an C# server emulator, from the ground up, clean code design, very extendable and customizable. Far more progressed than similiar projects I saw here, but created no thread, because people would always ask "project dead?" :mad:

However, in the last months I had no time for progress, but in the next ones it will probably be better (moved closer to work, 90 mins more time per day). When the time is right, I will put the source on GitHub.

Good luck! Would be great to see a c# MU emulator.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic, can you tell me what program you use for map editing? Id like to give a shot at making my own mu maps.

I have a lot of experience using maya and UDK, so I want to give map making in mu a try :)

Also if you know what program I can use to create/skin weapons or armours so it works with mu, can you tell me? :d

Hey, no worries, I have a background in level design, so welcome to the fun but annoying MU editing, haha. I'll give you links to the tools below.

The program is called MU World Editor. It's not bugless, and you'll also need PentiumTools to edit .att files (yes, separate files to dictate both for client and server, where impassable terrain is...) so you don't clip through objects. For creating weapons, I've not tried making custom models yet so I'm not sure if there's one best suited for MU. Skinning them should be easy though, I imagine its the same as skinning the default character skins, so you just need Photoshop or another editor of your choice, and use Pentium Tools to convert the skin to a .jpg, edit it, then reconvert and overwrite the existing skin file.

NOTE: Pentium Tools isn't fully up-to-date with all seasons, so some of the other functionality might not work (a few bmd converters, etc).

MU World Editor 0.3.0:

PentiumTools:

Reaction score

You can also use like 3dsmax and make models for muonline, with some work u ould make them work, also with milkshape 3d too, anyway pentium tools are good for view/painting the map textures etc, and world editor version 0.30 for mapping the map inside, with penitum tools 0.80 u can map the lightning inside and some other stuff, but u can't save .obj or .map i think, thats why we use 0.30.
check my last video i made here btw:

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the object importing with textures KarLi, ;). For some reason I didn't see them in the same folder, maybe I was blind, haha.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, no worries, I have a background in level design, so welcome to the fun but annoying MU editing, haha. I'll give you links to the tools below.

The program is called MU World Editor. It's not bugless, and you'll also need PentiumTools to edit .att files (yes, separate files to dictate both for client and server, where impassable terrain is...) so you don't clip through objects. For creating weapons, I've not tried making custom models yet so I'm not sure if there's one best suited for MU. Skinning them should be easy though, I imagine its the same as skinning the default character skins, so you just need Photoshop or another editor of your choice, and use Pentium Tools to convert the skin to a .jpg, edit it, then reconvert and overwrite the existing skin file.

NOTE: Pentium Tools isn't fully up-to-date with all seasons, so some of the other functionality might not work (a few bmd converters, etc).

MU World Editor 0.3.0:

PentiumTools:

You can also use like 3dsmax and make models for muonline, with some work u ould make them work, also with milkshape 3d too, anyway pentium tools are good for view/painting the map textures etc, and world editor version 0.30 for mapping the map inside, with penitum tools 0.80 u can map the lightning inside and some other stuff, but u can't save .obj or .map i think, thats why we use 0.30.
check my last video i made here btw:

As soon as I'm done configuring my server and thing related, I will give map making a try :) Maybe one day I will release something :D

Thanks for your replies!

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As soon as I'm done configuring my server and thing related, I will give map making a try :) Maybe one day I will release something :D

Thanks for your replies!

No worries, always happy to help the community, :).

Back