Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is the best host for dedicated servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's been awhile Mu Community! We'll I'm back to join up with everyone again and to continue my developments but now I have one issue. What the best place for me to host a server? Any suggestion? All I need is a decent host that doesn't need me to pay a whole wallet full of cash but I honestly don't know where to look T_T.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i think its AriethMu! if they have one ^^ they never stop!
Ask them i think
they will tell you :)

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your machine into a datacenter.

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your machine into a datacenter.
The machine costs >2000$ so for a start server would be a big pain in butt, better start with a 200$ dedicate until you earn the money for your own machine.

@ontopic: Softlayers provide you top quality services at not very high prices.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The machine costs >2000$ so for a start server would be a big pain in butt, better start with a 200$ dedicate until you earn the money for your own machine.

@ontopic: Softlayers provide you top quality services at not very high prices.
You sure mate?
Because our team builded an machine with 400euros.
8GB RAM ddr3 , Amd Phenom X6.

And we pay to datacenter like 50euros monthly.

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is a big difference between desktop hardware and server hardware, you will see that at high load in time.
In what datacenter you host it?(City and name please :D I'm searching a good one but hard to find in Romania)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm, I don't know what budget you're working with, but I've used this company called ubiquity for a little while and you can get a pretty decent comp for like 140$ to 160$ a month or so, they have good datacenters with very fast internet, free 100mbps uplink, great client support, you can check for customer reviews on google if you wanna be safe, i'm very satisfied with them

Twilight Mu Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Go with SoftLayer if you want 24/7 stability and full control over your server.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go with SoftLayer if you want 24/7 stability and full control over your server.

I know how hard it is to find a reliable host, my server IS a dedicated one, no VPS or managed, I'm the only one who controls it, and I've had 0 downtime. I've heard good things about softlayer too and I know they're a great company aswell, though they are more expensive, specially when building your comp or getting upgrades. But respecting everyone's point of view, this also depends on how much money you have to start off your server.

Reaction score
I use zipservers for almost 6 years, always up. Always awesome. There are nice cheap systems and huge systems. I started there with a simple dual core and now running an big monster :D

Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon 5620 - 2.40GHz (8x2.40GHz | 2x12MB cache W/HT)
12.288Mb (12GB DDR3 1333 MHz)
2x 300GB SA-SCSI 15.000 RPM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
check also worldstream.nl i was using their servers netherlads located.. very cheap and good for the money you pay.. also you can check hetzner.de germany located servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simpe: Softlayer.com
Famous muonline servers are hosted here (ZhyperMU is included)

Reaction score
by choosing server you must think about players, from wich countries there will be most. its not so good to have server in USA but your players will be from Europe... etc

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Simpe: Softlayer.com
Famous muonline servers are hosted here (ZhyperMU is included)

SoftLayer Engineers are actively working on mitigating the issues customers are experiencing on FCR01.WDC01. At this time, the Denial of Service attack targeting customers behind FCR01.WDC01 has been mitigated; however, due to the high packet count along with the number of interfaces that reset during the event, the router is now displaying signs of instability resulting in further intermittent packetloss for certain customers behind FCR01.WDC01.

More information will be relayed to customers as it is obtained.

We do apologize for the issues and are actively working on a resolution for this event.

Thanks,
SoftLayer Network Engineering

in last month softlayers was ddosed twice some1 really hate them
(almost whole day or even two of restarts sv every 5 sec + lags lags as hell)

before too

they have too much server to give perfect
connection for mu online sometimes really high pings for what

for high prize they want ? pff

sorry if u want to have lagless server and u have mostly players from europe select other hosting company ;]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back