Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[IDEA] Game Recording Feature

Reaction score
Hey there,so i came up across with an idea that we really need to enterain our players
make it easier for events entry's and so on .

What my idea is to make a custom feature for every client with a .DLL file that needs
to be hooked in main.exe which will be able to capture screen only your MU Client while your playing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now your going to tell me there are programms and thats useless.
what if i told you that 80% of the people who want to record their screens and gameplay.

• Some people are lazy to find the correct program to do that
  • Some might have issues with quality etc
  • Some dont even know how to do that.

i think its very important for every player to have this feature which will allow him to:

1. record his screens for bugs\hacks\ etc
  2. record for special events
  3. record for promotions about the game
  4. record for anything else in game that is fun and should been seen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since i am not a coder, i dont have the ability to do that for muonline yet,
although my ideas are features are:

* Make a custom folder in client named something like "Videos" where your recordings should been saved
Put a menu in game for that (nothing very impressive) which will allow you to set recording times for example:
at a certain time - untill that certain time maybe you want to go afk and see what happened in castle siege when you come back.

* Put in the menu a feature choosing which Quality such us 480p/720p/1080petc.

* Put in the menu a feature choosing which Format such us MP4/.AVI/.WAV etc.

*Put the recording buttons/icons just like MU Helper has a play button
but instead there should been record screen button and stop button aswell (with shortcuts ex: F11 F12).

*Add a recording Voice Recording feature if its possible so people could talk and explain
things in game instead of using another application for recording voice.

Thanks to everyone who is reading,
please leave your feedback and sugguestion ideas aswell.

KarLi*

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Client Video Recording Feature

that's possible, because of open source project's, it even not such abig problem, another thing its probably the size and affect on cpu but if anything will coded in right way then yes:)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes it doesn't sound hard or something, the size and affect there could be feature such as video file .mp4 / .avi / etc .
and each has their own size convertions.

peace
so basically you want some developer get it into reality?im sure it been on mind of people ,in fact because of many open source code you can easy make it for the game of course with some adpations and changes but im cant see problem in that;)

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Take a look at bandicam sdk
Other MMORPGs uses this library to record in-game footage.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Easy to set-up, does exactly what you need it to do. Why try to reinvent the wheel?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Going to request IGC team on this. Let's see what they can do:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To the ones posted libraries or programs, well mu hasn't put it in cause when it was developed computer resources were ... HMM

I still remember having something like 512 ram on my pc playing MU and 56 k modem .... so ye that's why they didn't implement it.

Ye I guess what this post is about including an already made program that captures the stream.
From my guess is that they mean of adding a command or a corresponding button that opens the program once pressed inside mu. Also the program shouldn't open other exe etc... it should be added in the main.exe

I am going to add it in one of my releases for Version 2.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Going to request IGC team on this. Let's see what they can do:)

I'm sure they'll try very hard to find some ready to use code to present as their own , if u're a customer of igcn w8 for mauka or smallhabit to do it
so they can leech it off

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If anyone wants to record just use fraps. What's the point in re-inventing the wheel?

Reaction score
If anyone wants to record just use fraps. What's the point in re-inventing the wheel?
There is a point, you don't need to use external application for it.
also it should capture in whichever resolution you are playing the game with, a choosen quality you desire and also different extension.

im sure there are more into this as i just wrote also on my main post.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its sound cool.

I have some idea, write a message and I will explain, or I think you have added me on skype very very long time ago, just write your skype name in pm, and let me help for you.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Upgrade to windows 10 and check out whats new. This is super useful in recording game screen. Everytimw i run a mu client it auto prompt me whether to record or not.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recently played a game called Tree of Savior, they use the Bandicam SDK to add native recording into the game.

Back