Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What make you leave a private server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hackers and "br,br?huehuehue gib moneis i report u"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Id like to add my 2 cents, over the years ive played many private servers both good and bad, also i played global mu since the early days. I think webzen ruined a great game creating cash shop where $ can buy power. I think exp boosts or drop boost for $ are good, it encourages support of the server your playing on, and rewards those who do support you.

About 2 months ago i started Mu4kings. I started my private server because i had just finished making my Exc Arch Angel sword +15+16+S+FULL OPT +bypass in gmo... This cost me ALOT of money to make and yes its pro but the point is... its too pro. It was all obtained through $, i used $ to buy chaos cards that got me both rare ticket 8 (xaa weapon +6opt) and rare ticket 4 (to upgrade an item 6 levels eg. from +9 to +15.)

I wanted to make a server for players, like GMO higher exp so less time spent leveling and more time spent hunting for items and having fun with pvp. And most importantly disabling all methods of $ = power.

I was not very clued up on Mu servers, i have alot of close friends who are very smart with IT in all respects. My partner has alot of employees whom i had at my disposal to help also.

I agree Wipes suck, in some cases you cannot help this. I had to wipe my DB about 2 weeks ago due to hackers from Poland. Luckily i was still in Open Beta, so it was not toooooo bad. But i still lost alot of customers.

I did EVERYTHING i could to accommodate old members and previous donators, giving all previous donations back to members to spend their Mu Credits again on what they wish. This was not easy and i suffered financially because of this having to front the costs of server etc.

I didnt create my server to make $ so much but more for the love of the game. I still have many issues to iron out, i have been messed around with ALOT by polish hackers and am only just starting to get a stable server.

It has taken alot of money and time to get to where i am, but i am satisfied. I use IGC Season 6ep2 files soon to be ep3 and there not 100% perfect but IGC are great and have helped me alot with my issues re: hacking etc.

So to all of those other server owners out there i urge you, listen to what it posted on this forum thread and take note. At the end of the day It is the Customers who keep your servers running.

Keep Mu alive for the reason it was ment for not for the reasons Webzen are still running it.

And if you want great files i highly recommend IGCN theyr great. Im sure the others are too but i find it hard to fault IGCN. Just my opinion i guess.

Sorry for the rant i was bored lol.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In my opinion the things that make you leave a Private Server are:
*Nothing to fight for because everything is easy to achieve.
*Lag , Bugs .
But this doesn't apply to all the private servers ofcourse.
Out there are still people who do their jobs well.

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
In my opinion the things that make you leave a Private Server are:
*Nothing to fight for because everything is easy to achieve.
*Lag , Bugs .
But this doesn't apply to all the private servers ofcourse.
Out there are still people who do their jobs well.

Hey lamer, nice one with the website, you did stole from me!

<!-- Mirrored from ---> at least remove that moron! :p (at view source)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Some reasons i left:

1.When some bug reported. it take more than weeks to finish and to remove it.
2.Wipes
3.Server Gets down -_-

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I leave usually whenever i see that the server is managed by an incompetent person and is destined to fail. I barely join any servers these days, because most servers have ruined MU in my opinion (monetary benefits, spots, too many resets, too easy to get good items etc).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No gms, no antihack system, lag and low ppl!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some reason's i left an mu private server :

-Uber Sets +15+28+FO
-Low populate server
-Idiot GM's who always go to lorencia and make fun with players
-Admins who are not answering players question ( but they answer when you will say " i want to donate " cursed you!
-Lag
-Wipes
-Buggy Files ( 1 month to fix )
-Low Security
-32k / 64k max stat ( i hate those !)

i wish there are private servers like this one!

Reaction score
Cheats,also not balance PvP,even in low rate server not balance PvM, alot of resets server with inactive gms(really can't undestand WHY...also alot of bug bad anticheat tthat make you Disconnect/Auto ban with "Windowmode" or with "Skype" truely bad...And the last and big is that with OP Donation,We fight some weeks,mounths...and Then 1 guy just give some $ and be better than the people who "fight for items"..Anyway donate must be exist because alot of servers stay online because of donate,so give some Bok's+1/2/3/4/5 also Exp/drop and Jewels (with limmit)...dunno what alse xD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Me trolling AFK players
[GM]Terrorian - What make you leave  a private server? - RaGEZONE Forums

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I played MU PS, but that's already took a long ago (I think, 3-5 years) as a player. Now, since I knew and entered the world of RZ, I started developing Flyff (and hoping other games that I really love to play when I was younger), moving to MU soon. And hopefully people will help me with it .. (sorry if topic is going to off).

On: Agree with ManiacButcher, I really hate server that wipes, overpowered donors and gm are not really active and banning player without a reason.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. lazy staff
2. Wipeout
3. super lag
4. bad concept in the game
5. cheating
6. last is scam by admin or if you donate for lifetime it should be life time not changing it for days which happening to one friend i know in funz_________

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back