Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What make you leave a private server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok this is the subject.Why you left from a private server? too high exp,too high droprate,too low exp,cash shop,uber items in shops and any reason what made you to left a private server.

so if i start this topic i will say first my reasons.

1.GM innactivity.I played ones on a server where all players use cheats..in 10 days i never seen a GM.

2.BoK and Items +9+13 in shops
3.jewels and Items full options in cash shop
4.Lag
5.Low player base.

:thumbup:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its the server owners.
most of them care about getting money and ignoring ppls who ask questions related to game.
+ Most admins make server online, install web,forum and then they will focus on Webshops ...to adjust how much money they can squish out of players.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Maybe server owners can learn something from this topic :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Except wipes, full shops, donors, crappy files, kids who open servers, lack of GM in game, my first problem is the GAME.....i play the game for so long, and now has become boring , it was fun in the old days when few private servers was online, with low experience, no loaded shops, no donors, an game just for fun and making friends, but now the new players who came in touch with the game for the first time, and play in very high experience, find all jewels and items in shop, or donate and get all the items and stat they want, play the game for 1 month and then leave and if you ask them how was the game, the answer is: BORING!!
This is just my opinion ( for me this game is dead for an long time), the private high experience and full shops servers, who try to make lots of money from opening an server ruined this game forever, i am glad that the official game is going this way, maybe with time the private servers will vanish (what an dream...:))), and the game will become fun again for the new players.

Reaction score
1.GM innactivity.I played ones on a server where all players use cheats..in 10 days i never seen a GM.

:thumbup:

most servers have forums, if have problem you can go there for help.
most people wants gms to be online only for getting free stuff and get some more power ingame, by kissing gms and admin butt, or ask questions like, ''gm how to make wings?''
to get his attention

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
most servers have forums, if have problem you can go there for help.
most people wants gms to be online only for getting free stuff and get some more power ingame, by kissing gms and admin butt, or ask questions like, ''gm how to make wings?''
to get his attention

Yea becouse GM's make a big mistake..They appear in lorencia town with shining full opt set and 3 rd wings in front on newcomer players.Is normal they ask them for items.. An gm must be somewhere hidden and only to offer support to players wich ask questions about gameplay or invisible watching players wich are suspected of cheats.

Reaction score
I dont play Mu online for a long time but this discussion is the same for every game, I would quit a pserver if the donations have equips that should be dropped in-game by doing dungeons/bosses and in-game you cant farm them anymore.the base language of the server must be in english, otherwise i will not play the server, the server must have active gms in every timezone, if there are no gms at my timezone i will not play it because if i have a problem with someone i need to wait days to get replied at forums or ticket system, Dios talked about Wipes, i dont really like Wipes at all, if you donated for the server than you will get your stuff back, what happens to non donators? start fresh = BYE.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First of all, I don't start playing any server nowadays because I don't find any decent configuration. And I think mu online with reset should die.
Reasons to make me leave:
Low populated server.
Big differences between f2p and p2p.
Drastic changes on the server during its cycle.
Lag.
Hacks.
Bugs.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I haven't been playing Mu online lately

I hate server wipes!!
Over powered donors!!!
Non active gms = they need $$$

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You say donation hate and etc . but you ask your self how server: How much for admins coust server host, scripts, server files, anticheats etc... I too hate than in the server is full donate shop... If gms smart thing they can do jus little donate for some items or futures. And than will be great :) .For players who lick gms butt.. I think good gm and admin shud ignore that players :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You say donation hate and etc . but you ask your self how server: How much for admins coust server host, scripts, server files, anticheats etc... I too hate than in the server is full donate shop... If gms smart thing they can do jus little donate for some items or futures. And than will be great :) .For players who lick gms butt.. I think good gm and admin shud ignore that players :)

is true..keeping a server online costs money...now depending what is in your head before start a server:

A:is a passion for you cause you like too much mu online.And you need a cash shop to can cover server costs...then on cash shop will be only exp seals,DS/BC entries and all kinds of this..

B: you think to get rich from this and you start put jewels items full options and other uber items in cash shop..

Is easy for players to recognize wich kind of server owner is only if he take a look over the cash shop.

An mostly bad part is when you spend few months to get a decent set and a friend of a GM take it for 2 beers on the bar..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think if server admin want to make money him do 9999~xp with full cash shop, free server files etc... If admin whant to make rly good adventure server he make Low rates, he have to make Just few futures in cash shop, or without cash shop, he can make only Donate ( If player like server and if player want to donate server player rly donate for server ). And if user are not stupid he always chouse low rates server..

And this is just my opinion.

This short my opinion for all server not just for mu.

And one more thing: Server can always make money from ads.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i only played 1 server which was raided by webzen (it was long ago like 2006 i guess when the some company took the mu online license to be officially held as mu online Philippines.)cuz they have 3 servers and its quite popular in Philippines too.

i can understand donation running server is quite costly. as long as they dont run with the money and left us empty handed xD.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i remember alot time ago,when we plaid 97d and first seasson2 becomes,then we join there and was soemthing new,now if i press "MU" on google i can find over 100.000 (Seasson 6)and prbbly with the most new Episode,that's bad...
if this SQL got a mouth he must abuse all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back