Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What make you leave a private server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well sure it is hobby. But hobby that brings some cash is better hobby. =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
migrating your sever to combined with an ALL GM ALL ITEMS NO CHALLENGE SEVER

T_T pyro mu what a sell out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You guys are complaining about servers having webshops to get cash.

Do you know what it costs and the time it takes to set up a good, stable server? They don't pop-up over night.

A good server costs ALOT, but if you choose to run one, you
should be able to afford it, right? You cant launch a server,
get players and then start charging for the server to stay alive.

That's why alot servers come and go, and probably the reason
to wipe all and start over on a new server. Players should
have the feeling of stability WITHOUT the server relying on
donations.

In short, If you cant afford to run a server,
don't start one in the first place...

Anyway, that's my opinion..

/Keep

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
only the server owner must have full GM access...rest of gm's only diconnect,ban,trace and other event commands...make them to not hit mobs...they dont need this.. not even unban cause they may have friends wich have banned and they can unban them..
they even dont need full opt set..what for?..

i hate when on every server GM's have full opt set ...why? that GM is to help people and make events..is not a char for gear parade..
I don't think the Gm commands are a problem as long as the owner checks the logs every day.

I hate servers which have reset system, mu was never intended to have resets. I just hate to play with overpowered 32k or even 64k stats. Another thing what makes me leave is related with 64k/32k stats - you have to spend hours to get to max stats and getting each reset is the same and boring(spawn in Lorencia, kill spiders, get till Arena, kill uber mobs, go to web and start all over).
What you just wrote here doesn't really make you leave a private server, cuz you probably wouldn't start playing at all :D.

My reason for leaving a server: dumb gms/incompetent admin.. alot of server owners today can barely set up monstersetbase.. can't event manage to change quest drop rates or stuff like that.. and the problem is that they can't even admit it.. if you offer to help or something they just laugh in your face and say they already know and promise to make certain changes.. wich never happen.

As for server wipes, i actually like them. I've always played low-rate servers.. max 30x.. and server wipes are always fun because of the competition.. fighting for best monster spots, first castle siege, first resets.. stuff like that.. but ofc.. server wipes after 6 months or more, and planned.. not random.

I don't really enjoy donations either, not that i wouldn't pay, cuz I would if I really enjoyed the server, but it's no fun being op either. I think a good server could raise money from donations by offering almost nothing.. people should just think they support the server and keep it online as long as possible.. but that's up to the community, and mu community is not one of the brightest.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
1. Super Extra Extreme (LOL) Uber Set/Item in Donation+65K Stats+500 Level
2. All Jewel and Quest Item are in Shop.
3. In Every hour there's an Event with Extreme Huge Prize (Well thats Sucks for me because all player are rely on the event)
4. If You are a donator you have an Anti Banned Acc. + You have a golden ticket to chat and ask item to admin.
5. If you have a friend of admin, expect you have a God Item.
6. GM Ring+5Socket Active with same socket.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
3. In Every hour there's an Event with Extreme Huge Prize (Well thats Sucks for me because all player are rely on the event)
4. If You are a donator you have an Anti Banned Acc. + You have a golden ticket to chat and ask item to admin.

Most of them like easy server than hard server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah thats why they shutdown there server after a few months...

If the owner under 18, don't even go for it. cuz they will shut server in any time.

Most of kid, run server by using homebase.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wipes is mostly i hated specially when lots of player are working hard for there item then one day wipes to bad for kid who played there server should not be tolerate i know one server always did that! 3 or 4x if im not mistaken

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If the owner under 18, don't even go for it. cuz they will shut server in any time.

Most of kid, run server by using homebase.

well running a server on a home pc is ok as long as you keep that pc only for server..i planning open a server on my home pc and buy another for me...i wont spend 1000 $ on a server wich im not sure if players will come.

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score

Ouch you broke my heart :love:
Don't worry im also hardcore player, i like season 1 -2 servers that has high player base with 100x +

Well i used to be a player of 1 MU which wiped every year i didn't tolerate it til the 4th but yeah probably wipe will make me leave.

Edit :

Besides wipe's i also hate donation but somehow its understandable that its hard to keep a server running without funds to pay for the monthly , some of you might say " why make server when cant afford " well its because you like to make and play and try to create / attempt to make good MU so much that you must keep trying even though your up and down.
(besides i wouldn't risk any money just to know that my server wont be great )

Also there are Different many private servers you shouldn't complain either if there is MAX rates or LOW rates because in each server description there should be rates of many servers and depending on your wants you can either join a server with no webshop,with webshop , no resets, with resets so on...

And if you think admin sucks don't join that mu and complain.. its your fault you joined it and know already that mu is bad, just leave that mu alone and don't troll.

well thats all i can ever say.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I didn't expect I'd ever stumble upon people who realize what a good private server is like! Could there still be active limited max-reset/stats, bugless etc servers out there?

faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't expect I'd ever stumble upon people who realize what a good private server is like! Could there still be active limited max-reset/stats, bugless etc servers out there?
Jamaika MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back