Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Microsoft SQL Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have just one simple question that gives me headache every time I think about it. What Microsoft SQL version you suggest to use? Why most of all uses 2000? He is old. Why not to use 2005 or 2008 or 2008 R2 or even 2012? Someone please answer this question with arguments.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well 2000 is old and kinda crappy. But lot of people don't like newr versions. No idea why.. Guess most of 2000 users still use XP as well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
OK thank you, but about performance. For faster databases connection betwean server and people I should choose older 2k version or newer 2k5 version? This is most important interest.

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think all of them are almost as fast, also remember when webzen made MuOnline there was only MSSQL 2000.

Just use the ones recommanded for the server files, all work fine, also I find 2000 a bit easier to use, dunno why :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Doesn't matter which you use, just make sure you have load balanced internet connections,

for example a 4 port load balancer, which i always find does the trick for both mu servers and hosting websites etc

But Linux all the way as far as performance goes.. with sql at least

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I had 2k8 no problems, and all versions work the same (must only be compatible with the dataservers)

Client send <character name> - Server > Database
Database > Server - Client Receive <character name>

Also people will start using 2012 soon ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back