Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Most mistakes when launching a server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand, whell i like gmo play style. Also RageFail is too unbalanced on gmo?

PS. Thanks for explain

I really dont play GMo since Ex700 Update. My PC is really old jajaja Still on P4 making miracles when talking about MuOnline Dev.

The problem isnt that is too balanced or not i think, the trully problem is that players wants to make it like if was DW or DK, and all class were having the same probability to win PVP with other class.

MuOnline Class Balance is bullsh*t, fake 4k 60 fps.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The most common mistake is SELLING MU FILES to IRRESPONSIBLE people (although we cant control it, some use cracked) . Opening server without proper knowledge on how to manage players and the game!

Its like giving drivers license to reckless drivers!! Agency receiving money that matters, you drive on your on risk. Dont realize so many innocent people will suffer.

In MU, opening server having ads "LONG SERVER" attracting people to donate and then CLOSED! end up being SCAMMED!

I hope there is a policy in MU for blocking these people for hosting in the future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most common mistake is SELLING MU FILES to IRRESPONSIBLE people (although we cant control it, some use cracked) . Opening server without proper knowledge on how to manage players and the game!

Its like giving drivers license to reckless drivers!! Agency receiving money that matters, you drive on your on risk. Dont realize so many innocent people will suffer.

In MU, opening server having ads "LONG SERVER" attracting people to donate and then CLOSED! end up being SCAMMED!

I hope there is a policy in MU for blocking these people for hosting in the future.

I get your point, and pretty much i feel you but this is it.. Mu Online is almost a dead game, and if a game isn't dead right now they try to earn as much as they can from their corpse.. Everyone can make a server free or with 30 40$, so who care?
Try to be selective and find a good server with known brand and waste your money there and not on every new wannabe top server. Something like this..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To be honest, people with bad rep starting a server is already worst than it is. Admins will never know why players are not joining their server for some Reason and they still post on Ragezone and spam their thread.. there is no "New MuOnline Player" or maybe just 0.00001%. Not much people will see a MuOnline server or screenshot/video and say "HEY I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME" The Community is mostly all just X-Players or just from other server jumping and shuffling about. You can use the same in-game name on other server.... and people recognizes you. But sadly, no one can repair the imagine of the admins who have run such poorly server and got greedy.
They think the can run from their Failure in the pass and scamming players of their donations. Sad.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No VPS..
No Good Configurations
No Secure
bugs

this all you lose all Players

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the principal mistake is launch a server without an opening date.

Reaction score
Not exactly an error about "launching" a server.. but about installing it:
Almost EVERY guide here and everywhere make you use the SQL database with the SA account.
That is a glaring security issue as it's like the "administrator" account on a single pc.
It's common practice to disable the SA account and create another one with DBOwner permission on the database. This way an attacker would have a slight more difficult time trying to figure out the username.

Goes without saying that you need to configure the MUServer to use that newly created account to access the database.
In a perfect setup you'd have an independet DB machine too.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, here my view on most admin mistake
Im a player (Mostly pay2win) and a Admin for a very very long time since season 1 and now season 15. Its a piece of cake to setup an MU server, 3-6hours max?

-Hosting
Bad Hosting, you might wanna get something that is centralize or something that is closer to the group of people you ads to.
If its Global, Canada or USA is good

-A good website
Need some Unique design else it just be another server you click and we donate have high standards what we see of the admin effort to support. On admin view, i think it really nice to see a cool Unique Design for Website/Template/Loading Screen/Custom sets

-Advertising
Make it big, yeah been there and done that. Vote bot, expensive yeah but you wanna make it big you gotta to spend big. Your return earnings are not promising, go smart, 2 server , 3 server , 4 server, player love a new server who is top 5 in xtremetop100 Ranks They will always come. Most admins just want to start a server and after spending tons of time, the dont get that traffic they wanted vs their hard work just cause of this reason, I find this most important.

-Game Master Team
Active in-game staff needs to be there, server will just die, hacker will just escape everything under the sun and bugs will never get solve. Dont forget the market/trading in-game is important you will need to secretly adjust and low stuff if it drops too much or reward too much.

-Ragezone Community (NEVER ADS HERE)
MuOnline use to be great during season 6 times, with DarkAv and Bet0x, Jordan, 4Funner, Wizzy , Drakelv those are the legend that put a fun and enjoy community here in Ragezone for MuOnline section, and be real people come here is hardly finding a never server, they mostly look for server files, and help for their server, Adverts here just is a waste of time and you consider cause the HATE is real here.
I throwing this out there, Moderators here are not even trusted, i have a few report of mod scamming newbies and im a victim myself before. So just beware. Ragezone isnt the same as before, the only reason im here to just to prevent newbie who is asking help on the help section to be scammed by other moderators or users.

-Custom & Unqiue
What make a server unique? Example for me i was competing for Ranks with Vote bots and ADs for a very long time, i can say 5years been on top 5 Ranks always. But what make you win rank 1? In actually fact, play with computer nowdays doesnt have just 1 client sitting around in their computer, they surely try all top ranks server, well, you can say that Custom Events to feed player daily and hourly, Correct timing of events and comfortable for everyone.
Custom Set, Custom Boss, Giftcodes, GM event, Custom Maps all their will surely make a good mark on your server.

Reaction score
Well, here my view on most admin mistake
Im a player (Mostly pay2win) and a Admin for a very very long time since season 1 and now season 15. Its a piece of cake to setup an MU server, 3-6hours max?

-Hosting
Bad Hosting, you might wanna get something that is centralize or something that is closer to the group of people you ads to.
If its Global, Canada or USA is good

-A good website
Need some Unique design else it just be another server you click and we donate have high standards what we see of the admin effort to support. On admin view, i think it really nice to see a cool Unique Design for Website/Template/Loading Screen/Custom sets

-Advertising
Make it big, yeah been there and done that. Vote bot, expensive yeah but you wanna make it big you gotta to spend big. Your return earnings are not promising, go smart, 2 server , 3 server , 4 server, player love a new server who is top 5 in xtremetop100 Ranks They will always come. Most admins just want to start a server and after spending tons of time, the dont get that traffic they wanted vs their hard work just cause of this reason, I find this most important.

-Game Master Team
Active in-game staff needs to be there, server will just die, hacker will just escape everything under the sun and bugs will never get solve. Dont forget the market/trading in-game is important you will need to secretly adjust and low stuff if it drops too much or reward too much.

-Ragezone Community (NEVER ADS HERE)
MuOnline use to be great during season 6 times, with DarkAv and Bet0x, Jordan, 4Funner, Wizzy , Drakelv those are the legend that put a fun and enjoy community here in Ragezone for MuOnline section, and be real people come here is hardly finding a never server, they mostly look for server files, and help for their server, Adverts here just is a waste of time and you consider cause the HATE is real here.
I throwing this out there, Moderators here are not even trusted, i have a few report of mod scamming newbies and im a victim myself before. So just beware. Ragezone isnt the same as before, the only reason im here to just to prevent newbie who is asking help on the help section to be scammed by other moderators or users.

-Custom & Unqiue
What make a server unique? Example for me i was competing for Ranks with Vote bots and ADs for a very long time, i can say 5years been on top 5 Ranks always. But what make you win rank 1? In actually fact, play with computer nowdays doesnt have just 1 client sitting around in their computer, they surely try all top ranks server, well, you can say that Custom Events to feed player daily and hourly, Correct timing of events and comfortable for everyone.
Custom Set, Custom Boss, Giftcodes, GM event, Custom Maps all their will surely make a good mark on your server.

Couldn't agree more in most of what you said, except " 3-6hours max? " , neah, this wont be something good for 99% of the Admins plus many updates/downtimes later.

But what triggers my interest is "Moderators here are not even trusted" can you be specific about that?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more in most of what you said, except " 3-6hours max? " , neah, this wont be something good for 99% of the Admins plus many updates/downtimes later.

But what triggers my interest is "Moderators here are not even trusted" can you be specific about that?

I have a case with one user, put a shell in release and when the server is online with 50 players. Go to hack my server... I dont remember his nickname but is real.

Back