Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Most mistakes when launching a server

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-> Launching withou testing everything (specially drops).
-> Not having enough time for the server (including team members).
-> Launching without basic knowledge (atleast server side configs).
-> Not doing enought advertisement before opening (happened to me).

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
These are just things I know people shouldn't do, some are pretty obvious ones we see a lot...

- launching without understanding why players might like your server
- unbalancing the server to favour a small group of players over the majority
- treating all players like wallets and making it too heavily pay-to-win
- trying to copy similar servers without unique differences and expect more players
- launching without understanding the server files or source in case of bugs or to add features

Also yes, I'm more active in MU again now, haha, got my zTeam S8 working again, when I find some time I might make some custom maps for the community :).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
-Not paying attention to some events (leaving some events with useless drops)
-Making F.O Anc, F.O Socket (the most broken thing mu online history that makes events, in game drops and normal F.O useless)
-Making unbalanced PVP (PVP was always one of the best things in mu online to do, but many servers don't have good PVP balance)
-Offexp, offlevel,offattack (Why making players play in your server when they are offline? and most annoying part is NO FREE SPOTS! Example here is MuLegend)
-Not having antihack
-Launching server only for donate (The best idea is to launch a server where you'd like to play yourself)
-Opening sub servers,closing,opening (Many servers mostly in these days are launching new servers, and closing older ones, for example they have 500x server, they make 100x server, then 10x server, and 500x server closes, then making 5000x server and then 100x server closes)

Reaction score
To be honest there is too many things...

i will stick just in one, don't make offattacks/offstores - fake offstore with items from edit for money,
people make 1 server, it have 30 real users with x3 chars that makes 90 online, x1 offstore lets say extra you have 120 online,
you can do the math i guess and whatever all servers have this nowdays, and sucks.
Mu community being small and smaller, dont give fake online atleast..

Reaction score
* not having ddos protection

That exists?
Anyway you need a security for server, but make 100% proof of fire?

Oh yeah, do not make /off shits in these days is a good choice.

Other small thing is project whole server before launch, is not only put online even if it has all features of good server, like auto-updater, anti hacker and other things like else.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't agree with one thing that Dope says, offtrade is very usefull and good things BUT... only if it doesnt count in online players at statistics then this feature is amazing! offline attack is sh*t making whole game broken...

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Forum, launcher?

The community biggest problem is the missing skills, knowledge.....

- 99% of the people dont know anything about how the muserver works
- they have zero experience how to run a server os
- most of the random newbies using outdated mssql, running their server on windows 7, 8.1, 10....
- they just want to open a server to show their friends its so cool
- random servers just want to earn a little money and than if they cant earn money in the 1st 1-2-3 month than they close it, or they make it fun with webshop.

I am really sad because of the developer community nearly dead. I have so much great idea to make the game better, but I dont have time to code it, only weekly one day, the Sunday. So....

Its not about ddos protection, its about the community.

I love you all <3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry, I have just seen that the thread got cleared, I sent him a PM.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
- Make with a cracked / free server without updates

Some people can judge unnecessary, but have sources of server and client since critical bugs ever happens.

With or Without source, use cracked o free servers means 2 things:

1- Stupid Uncoded-Features : Most of "admins" does´nt reallly know how to play, and at the minime thing that is not working right they say that is bugged. One big Example is : Original RageFighther and Titanstech RageFigther.

2- Administrador Mind Bug: they didnt every try to study how works gameserver and their configs, launcher server with-out test.

Reaction score
With or Without source, use cracked o free servers means 2 things:

1- Stupid Uncoded-Features : Most of "admins" does´nt reallly know how to play, and at the minime thing that is not working right they say that is bugged. One big Example is : Original RageFighther and Titanstech RageFigther.

2- Administrador Mind Bug: they didnt every try to study how works gameserver and their configs, launcher server with-out test.

Please explain the difference: Original RageFighther and Titanstech RageFigther.
I never play with TT files or Rage Fail xD

@Off
someone know some information about MU Studio tool from webzen?
I see a mention of this tool in some database files, sources etc. What is that?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please explain the difference: Original RageFighther and Titanstech RageFigther.
I never play with TT files or Rage Fail xD

?

Really simple. All ragefighter formulas changed. When Titanstech were cracked long time ago on Season 6.3, all users that play thoses servers, and when Original GameServer S6.3 came public, all users stared to say that was bugged like hell. But Who? DarkSide Skill Formula, PVP and many other sh*ty checks that webzen added to that class that werent on titanstech.

So, rf still be II WAR Tank, using Agility or Strenght xD

Back