Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Old Mu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm probably writing this because of nostalgia that I feel every time i check this forum. Does anyone still remember the good old MU times? I mean like that oldschool boat on login screen, 30 people killing golden dragon and everybody dying all the time? +7 dragon set like the best set in whole game and if you see one you go to tell your friends but no one believes it because it's imposibru to have one haha, that old buff design..

old website

but probably most of you remember this one

Was there anyone thinking to resurrect old mu? I mean like create server with oldest version you can find or something? IMO there should be people that would play there. Anyway looking forward hearing your opinions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Ol' times, but they are as old as good.. Well there are a lot memories.. After all it was my first game.. I was impressed that i had not to "save game" and i could play it on every computer i wanted. Lol ^_^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I used to look up to people who are equip with Helical Sword.

But man seriously Mu before was REALLY frickin hard, Taking down a single yeti would require 3 to 5 people.

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Old things are good only if they are in your memory. If you bring them into present they will not be good anymore.

Most of the potential players will only play for the flashback sensation and they will do so for maximum few months then your server will die.

Reaction score
do you actually think there is people who would spend like 2 months to get 200 lvl on super outdated version to fight for dragon set?

don't poke the dead man, it will start to stink.

Us old school MMORPG gamers are born and bred grinders. Back in our day we didn't have high EXP events nor servers to choose from.

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mace of Kings anyone :) ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mace of Kings anyone :) ?

Yea, I've seen and used this weapon for the first time on my very first private server - psychic-doom -. Guess we do not have to discuss, what happened to it :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
about 2 years ago i designed a server setup for a certain network's low exp server, season 3ep1, the rates were slightly better than they were at gmo, no spots at all (except arena cages, 3-5 mobs depending on monster, spawning at the corners and higest mob=tantalos), lower goldens werent THAT hard, but still hard enought, exc drop was low and the spirit at the server was gmo-like.

too bad certain guild from these forums found their way there and complained about the rates and "not being allowed to autoloot" and kept doing it regardless of being punished for it.

because of that the server was transformed into something that doesnt even resemble gmo, the rates were raised several times, goldens weakened and exc drop multiplied.

..not to say it wasnt in a way the admin's fault too...

if someone with dedication and resources would open such server I'm fairly sure it would attract some real old school players.

Reaction score
about 2 years ago i designed a server setup for a certain network's low exp server, season 3ep1, the rates were slightly better than they were at gmo, no spots at all (except arena cages, 3-5 mobs depending on monster, spawning at the corners and higest mob=tantalos), lower goldens werent THAT hard, but still hard enought, exc drop was low and the spirit at the server was gmo-like.

too bad certain guild from these forums found their way there and complained about the rates and "not being allowed to autoloot" and kept doing it regardless of being punished for it.

because of that the server was transformed into something that doesnt even resemble gmo, the rates were raised several times, goldens weakened and exc drop multiplied.

..not to say it wasnt in a way the admin's fault too...

if someone with dedication and resources would open such server I'm fairly sure it would attract some real old school players.

thats why i opened season 2 old school exp , , spots drops style .

Reaction score
Are we the only ones still hosting old school? We have all you guys described xD And when we change any of the ingame settings we ALWAYS make it harder. Never easier.

I don't think you can blame a guild for changing an entire server, it's the owners fault for allowing free, easy guilds and then paying attention to what users cry about. English speaking players are such babies. They can't understand how things are not how they want them to be, they lack the mental ability to play without interfering, they rather spend time on a forum than ingame leveling up (This is why we also don't have a forum :p) and then they complain about other players and talk trash about them. He is faster than me! He cheats! He insulted!.

That's why we said FU and made it for spanish people, real players.

I would play global if it was s2 again in a heart beat. Had my account on GMO for several years, had fun until Webzen came back and I left. I remember ranting about K2 downtimes and problems, God I wish I could play like that again.

Reaction score
English speaking players are such babies. They can't understand how things are not how they want them to be, they lack the mental ability to play without interfering, they rather spend time on a forum than ingame leveling up. and then they complain about other players and talk trash about them. He is faster than me! He cheats! He insulted!.
so true, and if they dont like something or dont get free items/gm, then: ADMIN YOU SUCK, YOU NOOB, SERVER SUCKS.
probably that player created server for one day, some time ago, and that makes him expert and you noob :)

Sky`DiV3r- - Old Mu - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Are we the only ones still hosting old school? We have all you guys described xD And when we change any of the ingame settings we ALWAYS make it harder. Never easier.

I don't think you can blame a guild for changing an entire server, it's the owners fault for allowing free, easy guilds and then paying attention to what users cry about. English speaking players are such babies. They can't understand how things are not how they want them to be, they lack the mental ability to play without interfering, they rather spend time on a forum than ingame leveling up (This is why we also don't have a forum :p) and then they complain about other players and talk trash about them. He is faster than me! He cheats! He insulted!.

That's why we said FU and made it for spanish people, real players.

I would play global if it was s2 again in a heart beat. Had my account on GMO for several years, had fun until Webzen came back and I left. I remember ranting about K2 downtimes and problems, God I wish I could play like that again.

im with u bro ;P

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh God you guys should probably try out our local private MU server.

It really brings out nostalgia and also its my first time to really experience an MU server who has a lot of people eager to participate castle sieges.

And also its the only server that really made me rage in-game :laugh:

Back