Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Old Mu

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be that good on a public server, you have nothing to do in 0.6X or similar versions... only some historical moments and thats it :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Beautiful times, piece of my life...

But there was also dark side. Old sites they had tons of seciurity bugs i remember :)
First white page was the best because you could take any data form db by guid. After white was the red page also bugged, where with only account id you could change any password to any account :w00t:

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Damnit, Dios. I was like "What?! Dios has an old school server! Signing up!" Then read more to find the server name, and saw it was for spanish players only. I can't speak spanish!

Also, I think this is my first post in a long time.. I want to get back into the RZ Community!

Reaction score
Good old times is to live in the past so it's good,
but if this continues until now will cease to be good .. We can think some old good Protections and few servers,
but if it continues until today was the same inglorious end as others..
So what we can see now and we can play to feel the old passion ? So many Seasons so many different people to play in..On old times you had few server to play also few choises of exp/drops e.t.c now? You can have whatever shiit you want..but it will close after 2 weeks...Cheers..

y0

Reaction score
Good old times is to live in the past so it's good,
but if this continues until now will cease to be good .. We can think some old good Protections and few servers,
but if it continues until today was the same inglorious end as others..
So what we can see now and we can play to feel the old passion ? So many Seasons so many different people to play in..On old times you had few server to play also few choises of exp/drops e.t.c now? You can have whatever shiit you want..but it will close after 2 weeks...Cheers..

y0

not every server's close in 2 weeks brotha. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really like this idea and have put alot of thought into recreating a server based on 2003 MU Global.

Specifications:
- 1x EXP 1x Drop
- No Cash Shop
- No Events
- No Donates
- No NPC Buff
- DK Skills Upto Twisting Slash
- Replace .98 drop system with .97 drop system (no +5 bone, +5 silk, etc, only +5 leather sometimes)
- DW Skills Upto HellFire
- Maps up to Dungeon 3 and later unlock LT7.
- Cannot Warp until lvl 50
- Only Jewels: Bless, Soul, Chaos
- No White Wizard. Only event can be Golden Dragon invasion.
- Best normal items: CDA/Lightning Sword, Dragon Set, CLS/Legendary Staff, Legendary Set, CNB/Silver Bow, Guardian Set
- Max item lvl +11
- Max item option +12(%)
- No Blood Castle, Chaos Castle, Devil Square, Castle Siege, Kalima, etc.
- Only classes: DK, DW, Elf, MG
- No 2nd Character class quest.
- No 2nd Wings.
- Best EXC sets Bronze Set (+luck + 2 opt) / Sphynx Set (+luck +2 opt) / Spirit Set (+luck+ 2 opt)
- Best Exc Weapons.. Crystal Morning Star+S+L+2opt, Double Blade, I'm not sure what staff and bow but I'm pretty sure the BOK +1 +2 and +3 in original 97d server files have the same settings as 2003 Global.

I would like to make these changes to later version of MU, though - so that bugs and security issues are fixed. I think it would be cool to have settings like this and still enable MU Helper (ingame bot) so that it's more fun and not completely hopeless.

I feel strongly about the settings; restricting items and maps so that populations are larger on lower maps.

I am interested in finding out about adding restrictions like this in Season 6 client and especially replacing the login screen with original one (2 boats sailing and naked dk/dw in one of the boats).

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really like this idea and have put alot of thought into recreating a server based on 2003 MU Global.

Specifications:
- 1x EXP 1x Drop
- No Cash Shop
- No Events
- No Donates
- No NPC Buff
- DK Skills Upto Twisting Slash
- Replace .98 drop system with .97 drop system (no +5 bone, +5 silk, etc, only +5 leather sometimes)
- DW Skills Upto HellFire
- Maps up to Dungeon 3 and later unlock LT7.
- Cannot Warp until lvl 50
- Only Jewels: Bless, Soul, Chaos
- No White Wizard. Only event can be Golden Dragon invasion.
- Best normal items: CDA/Lightning Sword, Dragon Set, CLS/Legendary Staff, Legendary Set, CNB/Silver Bow, Guardian Set
- Max item lvl +11
- Max item option +12(%)
- No Blood Castle, Chaos Castle, Devil Square, Castle Siege, Kalima, etc.
- Only classes: DK, DW, Elf, MG
- No 2nd Character class quest.
- No 2nd Wings.
- Best EXC sets Bronze Set (+luck + 2 opt) / Sphynx Set (+luck +2 opt) / Spirit Set (+luck+ 2 opt)
- Best Exc Weapons.. Crystal Morning Star+S+L+2opt, Double Blade, I'm not sure what staff and bow but I'm pretty sure the BOK +1 +2 and +3 in original 97d server files have the same settings as 2003 Global.

I would like to make these changes to later version of MU, though - so that bugs and security issues are fixed. I think it would be cool to have settings like this and still enable MU Helper (ingame bot) so that it's more fun and not completely hopeless.

I feel strongly about the settings; restricting items and maps so that populations are larger on lower maps.

I am interested in finding out about adding restrictions like this in Season 6 client and especially replacing the login screen with original one (2 boats sailing and naked dk/dw in one of the boats).

Thats cool but without events without wings withouit everything there won't be fun.

1xp and 1x drop fine , no cash shop fine , no events [kind of boring for ppl to start] , no npc buff ? maybe till 100 lvl instead 220 ?

max+11 would be more nice and very rare ;D

i think u can do the loading with the 2 boats and stuff but it will take time why dont just install 97d server ?^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats cool but without events without wings withouit everything there won't be fun.

1xp and 1x drop fine , no cash shop fine , no events [kind of boring for ppl to start] , no npc buff ? maybe till 100 lvl instead 220 ?

max+11 would be more nice and very rare ;D

i think u can do the loading with the 2 boats and stuff but it will take time why dont just install 97d server ?^^

Nah man there must be no NPC Buff at all. If you played MU global back then you'd understand.. makes it a completely different game.
Better idea is just swap the models for Sunlight Set with Dragon Set so the DL in ex700 title appears to be a BK.

97d server is full of bugs and security holes and does not have muhelper.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with having the oldest MU version set to max rates, Because I do remember playing on Mu China and Korea before when Phoenix set was still called Dark Phoenix.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm fine with having the oldest MU version set to max rates, Because I do remember playing on Mu China and Korea before when Phoenix set was still called Dark Phoenix.

I think you got it backwards about the Phoenix set, because it's called Dark Phoenix set now and once upon a time in 97 version it was called Phoenix.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
97+99 was the best, when the hurricane was gold and before the crappy dark lord got invented..because of the dark lord we lost mace of gimli, mace of king and phantom mace! :O
I've palyed the first ever MU Israel..back then, everything you done, felt like you achieved something...i hate most of the servers today, but other people seem to like it more so whatever :p wish that server would still be alive

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Global MU was on 0.99 version when i first found out about the game and fell inlove with it instantly when i finally got it downloaded with my crappy dial-up internet and was able to take the first steps in Lorencia. good old memories.. no npc buffer or xp events and everything you wanted needed some real effort!

Reaction score
Global MU was on 0.99 version when i first found out about the game and fell inlove with it instantly when i finally got it downloaded with my crappy dial-up internet and was able to take the first steps in Lorencia. good old memories.. no npc buffer or xp events and everything you wanted needed some real effort!

you fell inlove with it? hehehe so how's your relationship now :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah right.. just great thanks for asking :laugh:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys, glad to see you're interested in old school mu.

I just started developing a brand new 0.74 MU Online emulator I call Project Rewind.

The intentions are clear, I want to add some more taste (simple modifications) to the old school 0.74 client and bring the old but gold MU back.

The development began 3 weeks ago, you may check the status if you want, I'll soon be posting it on dev section:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, glad to see you're interested in old school mu.

I just started developing a brand new 0.74 MU Online emulator I call Project Rewind.

The intentions are clear, I want to add some more taste (simple modifications) to the old school 0.74 client and bring the old but gold MU back.

The development began 3 weeks ago, you may check the status if you want, I'll soon be posting it on dev section:

great job! hope that it wouldn't be project that would last for 1month max

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm currently working on an updated version of the old mu gameplay. Season 6 Episode 3. No point in resurrecting old clients, it's not that adding content is bad, their usage and gameplay adjustment was bad. Working hard for good items and actually needing a party to level up is what it comes down to. More fun in the long run. Instant gratification never works.

Back