Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MU Bandwidth Usage

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey folks, i want to make a MU server and i have a good server at home but i dont really know too much about how much bandwidth usage does a mu server uses.

For example, in the past i managed to get 50 guys online on a 10Mb connection server, but i dont know if this is the max ammount of users i can have on a 10Mb connection.

Another thing to have in mind is that a lot of private servers on the internet already have a "DDoS 500GB protection" which i dont have in my house.

What do you think guys?
Any experiences?

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With 10 Mbps upload speed you can host server for a local country, not globally. Or actually you can, but players will have a lot of lags. If you want a global server, you will need better connection (the best would be 1 Gbps, or at least 100 Mbps). Also your 10 Mbps link can be taken down in a second with almost any connection (10+ Mbps). So I do not recommend you to open server with such internet connection, only if you want a server for yourself and some friends. Nowdays you can rent dedicated server with huge power and great internet connection for few bucks so if you want to make a serious server, get one.

Back