Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MU Online Client revitalization

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
well actually there is my project which is almost finished: you can take a look at it :) this is a proof that remake MU online isn't impossible at all, it is up to our willing to finish it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Checked it out. It's very impressive. You recreated everything with very high detail.

I believe that the server is located far away from Europe. I'm connecting to the server from Poland and movement is very choppy due to lag.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Here I leave a few screenshots as you asked :)

In future I might open north america and europe servers(only session servers, since will be the same server Elion).

Thank you marecznyjo for your comment :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here I leave a few screenshots as you asked :)

In future I might open north america and europe servers(only session servers, since will be the same server Elion).

Thank you marecznyjo for your comment :)

Amazing bro nice work

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had a tour yesterday with Kuncarous. Here is my feedback:

1. What i've seen in the game astonished me. Kuncarous recreated most of the game in 1:1. The game feels exactly the same as original MU online while it keeps perfect performance and frame independent game logic so even 144 FPS was not a problem.
2. His custom made engine for this handles full zoom out of the map without the slightest performance issue. Not to mention much better shadows, better texture filtering etc.
3. Current build is hosted in South America so ping is very high for Europe. Current game build handles movement entirely server side (without any client interpolation) which makes moving in game very choppy. As Kuncarous told me - he plans to open servers in various locations so the issue will be fixed.
4. It's still early game build but many features seems to be working already. I assume that minor bugs like DW teleport not working and weapon skill of AE taking AG is just a bug due to skills being at 60% completion.

In the history of MU development I was never as excited and astonished about a project like this one. I'm eager to see which direction the project will take and I'll gladly participate. The possibilities are endless.

Making Vanilla + Custom branch of this project would be great :)

I would suggest to make another topic specificaly for this project so more Ragezone users could observe the development and participate in the buzz.

If a donate would help set up an European server: let me know where can I do it. As meme says: shut up and take my money :)

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
I had a tour yesterday with Kuncarous. Here is my feedback:

1. What i've seen in the game astonished me. Kuncarous recreated most of the game in 1:1. The game feels exactly the same as original MU online while it keeps perfect performance and frame independent game logic so even 144 FPS was not a problem.
2. His custom made engine for this handles full zoom out of the map without the slightest performance issue. Not to mention much better shadows, better texture filtering etc.
3. Current build is hosted in South America so ping is very high for Europe. Current game build handles movement entirely server side (without any client interpolation) which makes moving in game very choppy. As Kuncarous told me - he plans to open servers in various locations so the issue will be fixed.
4. It's still early game build but many features seems to be working already. I assume that minor bugs like DW teleport not working and weapon skill of AE taking AG is just a bug due to skills being at 60% completion.

In the history of MU development I was never as excited and astonished about a project like this one. I'm eager to see which direction the project will take and I'll gladly participate. The possibilities are endless.

Making Vanilla + Custom branch of this project would be great :)

I would suggest to make another topic specificaly for this project so more Ragezone users could observe the development and participate in the buzz.

If a donate would help set up an European server: let me know where can I do it. As meme says: shut up and take my money :)

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, actually I am working in the skills, already fixed what you just said about AG, and tomorrow or after tomorrow will be ready all skills of game :) including Summoner, Magic Gladiator and Dark Lord.

I will take your advice and make a new post in Development section for report the progress of the project, also I liked your idea about keep a Vanilla version, and another one with all new features what will be added in future for keep people happy with it ^^

As soon as I can will setup a server in Europe so you and anyone from there will be able to enjoy a better experience, I am thinking about dedicate sessions servers per Continent, and per Country in future, but of course this will have a cost what I can't take for now, but I guess in future will be able.

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words.

About shadows, actually just improved it a little more the original MU-like shadows with a improved terrain height, however still being buggy as always in MU hahaha, will improve it in future after finish everything, actually I keep it like this just because MU was like that, but will implement shadow mapping in future :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your encouraging words, actually I am working in the skills, already fixed what you just said about AG, and tomorrow or after tomorrow will be ready all skills of game :) including Summoner, Magic Gladiator and Dark Lord.

I will take your advice and make a new post in Development section for report the progress of the project, also I liked your idea about keep a Vanilla version, and another one with all new features what will be added in future for keep people happy with it ^^

As soon as I can will setup a server in Europe so you and anyone from there will be able to enjoy a better experience, I am thinking about dedicate sessions servers per Continent, and per Country in future, but of course this will have a cost what I can't take for now, but I guess in future will be able.

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words.

About shadows, actually just improved it a little more the original MU-like shadows with a improved terrain height, however still being buggy as always in MU hahaha, will improve it in future after finish everything, actually I keep it like this just because MU was like that, but will implement shadow mapping in future :):

Really nice, the last time I tried something like this, I stopped after doing the models conversion and rendering the map.

Later, @wolfulus made a few new things, like login and some network support.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f508/unity-client-remake-based-97d-1111932/

Don't be like us and keep it going :)

Just for curiosity, are you using a "original server" on the other side or are you making the server also?
I mean, are you looking for "compatibility" with the original protocol?

Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Really nice, the last time I tried something like this, I stopped after doing the models conversion and rendering the map.

Later, @wolfulus made a few new things, like login and some network support.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f508/unity-client-remake-based-97d-1111932/

Don't be like us and keep it going :)

Just for curiosity, are you using a "original server" on the other side or are you making the server also?
I mean, are you looking for "compatibility" with the original protocol?

Everything is made from zero, client and server, even protocols, nothing from webzen is left except assets :):

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Will you start a forum of sort where we could add suggestions for customs :)?

Of course :):, will open a forum for reports, suggestions, and others things as soon as possible, for sure will be open for the final version, I will keep everyone up-to-date about what is going on in the project here :):

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
SirMaster: Impressive job, looks nice. How did you do that with the models... did you convert all, or write some code to import the original files as-is?

Actually converted all models into my own format.

Soon will be finished all the skills, events and many visual bugs fixed(actually almost all the visual bugs what exists, will leave only two bugs left what will need a longer work but actually this kind of bugs exists almost in all games and isn't perceptible by players).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually converted all models into my own format.

Soon will be finished all the skills, events and many visual bugs fixed(actually almost all the visual bugs what exists, will leave only two bugs left what will need a longer work but actually this kind of bugs exists almost in all games and isn't perceptible by players).

which engine do you use?

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
20 November 2017
  • Fixed few visual bugs
  • Completed all characters skills (100%)
  • Completed Dark Lord pets (100%)
  • Added advanced shadows with original-style (now can select shadow type in [Options] window)
  • 3 Shadow types are available
  • Original : Improved original shadows without terrain height improvement
  • Original+ : same as original with terrain height improvement
  • Advanced CHS : Advanced shadows (only affect terrain and grass, may enable at future to affect all environment)
  • Fixed many items bugs
  • Improved player skills and movement reactions
  • Others internal fixes and new features

New patch available, and server online, if anyone want to test it, need to download this new patch, which will improve many things.

With this all characters are playable, and can use all skills. :):

Back