Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu Online History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
Gah, i was born late to experience all of this history thingies,
All i can say is RZ wasn't the same as it was before, i remember when i was still a leecher here back at 2008-2009 no account, kept looking at everyone's posts and everyone one of it was working, it was like a gold mine here :p.
Nowadays its like everyone is just digging through the same gold mine til its depleted.

Well thats just my opinion and i dont have any "deep" mu history experiences besides playing old private servers like Psychic doom. :C

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I remember when I with my friend tried to make a server 97 here. :D He had 256mb of ram ant it didn't started of memory lack, so we ran to other friend and tried to make server in his kitchen, his mom was always was complaining "go to sleep at night!..", "your friend is everyday here!.." :D So we made it and I remember that 1 account was always created ID Akaruz, pw datamore and there were always magician with sphinxs set on him :D nostalgia... Without this forum we never would be able to make server. ^^

Account Upgraded! :P
Reaction score
he quit mu development 1 year ago, and he deleted S6 E2 emulator source + client addons source =///
ah i didnt knew that he started again the development, because he already quited once before many years..thats what i remember m8

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did goehdtjdrnr was arrested when webzen attacked to coders i remember smthing like that:D

also LucianoIbar he was rock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do remember some called "Denied"
He scam my Money when he Remove my Powers from being Co-Admin.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ugh, too much to tell, been in the scene pretty much since the beginning and seen rise and fall of big and fabulous up close, so there would be enought material for a book just from me...

in short...

*gmo international beta
*maya times
*birth of wiggle...coming of valhalla
*new maps like tarkan and icarus as well as new sets and release of dark lord
*rise of gmo to top of it's glory
*first private servers
*gmo's fall in hands of first major jewel duping epidemy that caused lot of people leave and try the privates
*gmo being sold to k2
*mass abandoning gmo
*first uber popolar private servers (forsakenmu, alliancemu(formed by merging of lockdownmu & sexymu) etc)
*rise of zhyper (damn you nocturnal!)
*gold time of muonline, from last phases of season 1 untill s3 ep2/s4(atleast playwise and imo it was the most enjoyable period)
*fall of alliancemu
********* and tons of different experimental serverprojects were born like mushrooms at rainy day
*rise of semi-longterm servers
*custom item boom
*first 99k rate servers born
*webzen loses interest in taking muonline developement seriously and begins to copy features from wow and other games like that
*lots of things happened, when i was looking away, lots of buggy releases and and cool sounding features if done right.
*end of the line how far webzen can take the game without trying to stretch it uselessly, game becomes more and more outdated as no major graphics upgrades were done
*webzen regains gmo
*only uberpopular and succeesful private servers left are nocturnal server's and 99k rate servers (atleast the last time i checked, been totally out of the scene for a year or so, if being smartass here doesnt count)

there's only 1 thing i hope from you: do not, i repeat DO NOT duck up, tripple check all the sources and ask some bigshots for their input to be added to the book.

Last edited:
King of the bongo
Reaction score
I do remember some called "Denied"
He scam my Money when he Remove my Powers from being Co-Admin.

Yeah and I remember fking Special person who got no brains for his age, disrespect rules and i shouldnt start talking like a fking Special person like you.

Reaction score
Someone who was also very important in the history: Mu Online, was: Sobieh, he was who I think very many original concepts of source codes to modify the client side, which to this day we first began to understand the other, ie after a very long time that I did, it certainly can not be omitted.

In my opinion, Sobieh was and always will be the "Big Man", the best programmer who has ever made ​​a modification to a client: Mu Online.

I think the "Big Man" title on client modding goes to Holy(I dont remember if it was with one or two "L"s). He was the first and only person to add a completely custom character into the game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I remember when I with my friend tried to make a server 97 here. :D He had 256mb of ram ant it didn't started of memory lack, so we ran to other friend and tried to make server in his kitchen, his mom was always was complaining "go to sleep at night!..", "your friend is everyday here!.." :D So we made it and I remember that 1 account was always created ID Akaruz, pw datamore and there were always magician with sphinxs set on him :D nostalgia... Without this forum we never would be able to make server. ^^
There was also another login with full rings: sanuang123 pw longhuang :)

Reaction score
A lot of time, not interesting, I think will not enough patience.

Make sure you write about the old days circa 2004 when MG was a myth and LT7 was the highest level map.

Also make sure you write about the strange tree in Lorencia that cannot be sat on as well as the appearance of Dark Lord in 2005 that took everyone by surprise.

Don't forget the infamous ViGi hack of MU Global where a user obtained access to WebZens database and posted a huge stash of user account details.

I also think the initial work of Darkav and chinese groups to reverse engineer the server files so that new items and maps could be added is noteworthy; and of course the pioneering work of users like the late Akaruz, Dios, and MentaL in getting the MU private server development community off its feet.

Reaction score
Also new History become from webzen now,
Soon you must write about MU-Rebirth,if actually success this server and smite all over the Private servers!

New days will begin when Mu Official Rebirth will officially open,i think much users will get there..

Reaction score
Make sure you write about the old days circa 2004 when MG was a myth and LT7 was the highest level map.

Also make sure you write about the strange tree in Lorencia that cannot be sat on as well as the appearance of Dark Lord in 2005 that took everyone by surprise.

Don't forget the infamous ViGi hack of MU Global where a user obtained access to WebZens database and posted a huge stash of user account details.

I also think the initial work of Darkav and chinese groups to reverse engineer the server files so that new items and maps could be added is noteworthy; and of course the pioneering work of users like the late Akaruz, Dios, and MentaL in getting the MU private server development community off its feet.

There was also another guy who helped with the MU developments initially too on RZ and that was thedeath. The very first RZ MU page can be viewed here:

NN - Nord & Noob
Reaction score
There was also another guy who helped with the MU developments initially too on RZ and that was thedeath. The very first RZ MU page can be viewed here:

.. Funny. Mental take credits for download "mirror"! How eva.. Akaruz should be ment here to ;) i remeber back in the old dayz, when u install mu there by default was char acaruz (dk)

R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back