MU Server Design Guidelines - A different gameplay experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    29Posts

Re: MU Server Design Guidelines - A different gameplay experience

Quote Originally Posted by SmileYzn View Post
    Imagine a full server with 100 characters in lorencia bro, with a lot of custom wings or custom effect overpowed fucking items.
    That is why some items are very rare in server not only other custom.

Did you have two solutions for heavy lag with these customs:
    - Remove it
    - Make it weird

But i guess that first option is not viable, since players already payed for items or just admin can't remove it no?
    that is the same for other items events etc..

i will back to the beginning : MU is accumulative in things, there is the main problem of any RPG i guess.
    The main problem for admins in MU: They cant simple open source code of client to add more things, like a new character, skills events map and others.
    Both the lag problems and the addition of new character, skills and maps can be all done through reversing and patching the client.

MemberRank
    Sep 2017 Join Date
    5Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmileYzn View Post
    Imagine a full server with 100 characters in lorencia bro, with a lot of custom wings or custom effect overpowed fucking items.
    That is why some items are very rare in server not only other custom.

Did you have two solutions for heavy lag with these customs:
    - Remove it
    - Make it weird

But i guess that first option is not viable, since players already payed for items or just admin can't remove it no?
    that is the same for other items events etc..

i will back to the beginning : MU is accumulative in things, there is the main problem of any RPG i guess.
    The main problem for admins in MU: They cant simple open source code of client to add more things, like a new character, skills events map and others.
    Ah ok.. you were talking about customs like the server of the other guy here.. i tought it was about my design.
    Yeah.. fancy customs can get pretty messy.. already saw a non custom server lag on lorencia when the full guys were there, but MU always lag when there are too many people on the map.
    Whatever... the point here is thats possible to create good designs without getting too fancy in graphics too so...

True MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    0x00401000Location
    676Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptr0x View Post
    Both the lag problems and the addition of new character, skills and maps can be all done through reversing and patching the client.
    Ok, do it for me and community for free xD
    @kcilds

Still getting same issue, accumulative things xD

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    41Posts

The secret is to reduce the number of objects fisplayed in the same time on the screen.
    The actual objects, their numbers, not necesarly their design and texture quality, decrease the performance.So a good way would be to have less BMD files and combine more objects into one. It's a pretty hard job to be done but it can be done through 3d modeling and designs...just that it would take too much time to edit every map and do such a project...
    The other way around this was started by pinkof i think...but it means remaking the game completly....directx 10/11 compatible
    Last edited by abysel; 16-03-18 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abysel View Post
    The other way around this was started by pinkof i think...but it means remaking the game completly....directx 10/11 compatible
    https://elion.mu/ - the most advanced project of that kind.

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    41Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marecznyjo View Post
    https://elion.mu/ - the most advanced project of that kind.
    I know. But it's still a lot of work to be done there...and it's also a higher season wich i don't really like. Project is nice but not really my style.
    I am more of a...oldtimer with s2-3 and etc.

This is the only project that has a chance to succeed as anything playable. Unfortunately all other projects are just for learning purposes.

This is one of the issues with MU community right now. So many servers, seasons and settings that it's hard to pull off any project like that. Someone here already said that there are more servers than people playing this game.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    0x00401000Location
    676Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marecznyjo View Post
    This is the only project that has a chance to succeed as anything playable. Unfortunately all other projects are just for learning purposes.

This is one of the issues with MU community right now. So many servers, seasons and settings that it's hard to pull off any project like that. Someone here already said that there are more servers than people playing this game.
    This is because webzen sources xD

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    41Posts

Well idk...i am part of a community that it's one of the last long terms around...2008 no db rr and shits like that. Season 3 and it's a one man work in terms of developing. As a matter of fact we are working on a similar "project" ...more or less to what the thread starter losted here but in a different style, since last summer. We hope to go live pretty soon with this version. We got a decent number of players with roughly 500+ unique hardware ids / day. We love what we do and we decided to start a classic server but with a lot of improvements and features. We will see how it will turn out in the end. There are many features on the list to list them now but we hope to loose that boring stadium afk non stop to make resets and give the players many things to do in game in order to constantly pay attention to the game and also provide a ...harder version of the game where you can actually feel the progression of your character in terms of stats builds and ofc item types and levels.
    Most MU servers state they have unique features but only a handful are actualy playable and not full of bugs and idiotic configurations.
    We will see how it turns out. Still need to ballance some more things and finish some other features that we designed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement