Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best MU server you've played

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm not new to MU community, I am here for more than 15 years. I did played many servers along the way and I did had some server witch were on top.
But, there are always things you miss from old servers and features you love on new ones.

For example, for me the best server I ever played (and remember as great) was a 97d server back in the day, it was 2004 i think. I remember using scotch tape on my mouse left click so that i can farm all day and night. It was a low XP server, jewels were rare, Zen was low and everything was important. Before my fist reset I was selling invitations in Lorencia for 1 jewel (usually soul or bless) and than using them to buy better equipment.
I remember the battles guilds had for spots in arena. Every guild had his spot, and there was always a party on every spot with members farming XP, and at night they were the most vulnerable, because usually only 1 member was there from the whole party. If he could push back the attack he could keep the spot if not, they all would lose it.
I also spent few nights there protecting the spot...:) It was a great server and a great time to play.

For me a good MU server is a low XP server, where things count. Where trade is important and events and everything the game has to offer.

This dosent mean high XP server dont have there charm.

So please use this topic to write your best MU experience, and what exactly you loved about that server.

faronnia.com
Reaction score
The best server I remember playing, from a nostalgic point of view, was Heroia MU.

What made it special for me was its customizations, they had modified the MonsterSetBase quite a bit as well as adding skins to maps and items. It was just the perfect classic MU experience, and I am so, so sad that its sequel, Mornia MU, did not live up to my expectations.

Another server I have enjoyed, and which you can play today, is Jamaika MU.
It has everything. Items from later seasons, new maps, completely reworked monsters, beautiful Skyboxes and 3-d camera, etc.

Of course, for me the best server is my own server, since I designed it to be perfect for myself.
And that's because I have re-designed maps, remastered music soundtrack, modified monsters, new boss monsters, modified items, modified item drop, all the cool GM commands like /skin for example, and just overall rebalanced settings/configurations.

Hope you found my post helpful.

Reaction score
Global, pre-K2 :p Liked the very old gameplay, where it actually was an achievement to have full dragon armor.
Would like a server like that, but I guess most old server files are pretty buggy (but I haven't been in the game for years, so if it has changed, let me know).

Reaction score
1. Soul MU (season 1?) back at 2005/2006 when everything was new and hyped up
2. Inten City MU (Net cafe server :p ) 2005/2006
3. ShadowMU Season 2 around 2008/2009 shadowmu.co.uk was the web by -=sIN=- was an amazing server and fun. MIssed those times.
4. Global MU Online by K2 Network (season 2) 2009/2010 396 lvl BK then it went to season 3 and my account was lost or hacked.. :D
5. DejaMU season 4 was cool times too :)

thats all i can reemember.

Reaction score
Global MU Online from 2004 with LT7 as highest map until the end of Season 2 with K2 was the best time.
I remember I hunted for my first Jewel of Bless quite a long time. I guess I was level 80 already when I found it. This was very important for me since I could buy the first upgraded items and playing became easier. I remember all the cool parties at Dungeon Ghost Spot, Devias 3, Atlans 1 and Hydra Spot... After that, leveling took so long that I was playing afk 24/7.
After Webzen took over the game became pure pay to win. Quitted playing at Season 6 E3 in 2011... with one Level 600 (max) Grand Master and several other characters at 500+ on Valhalla and Helheim. Never paid much money :D

I never seriously played private servers ;)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The best i played was 97d server called DarkCova (with all it's bugs and dupe included). Was the best because it was the first time i played Mu.
The other servers were good but i can't remember.

Reaction score
I played globalMU whan LT7 was the highest map. Started on wigle, was one of the higher level, had my own guild, then i got hacked (remember that the db was stolen...)
So i played SerenityMU (akaruz's server - RIP) and i remember it fondly as many of my guildmates moved there with me after i got hacked. Was fun.
Then i had my server (LastLand) which was fun ;)

Those are the 3 i liked the most

faronnia.com
Reaction score
For private server
Lockdown Mu Online
Insania Mu Online
Asgard Mu Online

Oh wow I didn't know you also played Lockdown MU ^^

Here you go. Nostalgia.

Magical Raven - Best MU server you've played - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I played globalMU whan LT7 was the highest map. Started on wigle, was one of the higher level, had my own guild, then i got hacked (remember that the db was stolen...)
So i played SerenityMU (akaruz's server - RIP) and i remember it fondly as many of my guildmates moved there with me after i got hacked. Was fun.
Then i had my server (LastLand) which was fun ;)

Those are the 3 i liked the most

Hah Ranma is that you, still hanging with the mu online community? LastLand was definitely the best server I have ever played, really miss those times ^^ Still remember vividly being like 210lvl and about to hit 220 so I can unlock mg, but got caught afking and received 1 week ban :mad: I might even have some screenshots stored up somewhere from those times, I'll post it here if I manage to find the folder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hah Ranma is that you, still hanging with the mu online community? LastLand was definitely the best server I have ever played, really miss those times ^^ Still remember vividly being like 210lvl and about to hit 220 so I can unlock mg, but got caught afking and received 1 week ban :mad: I might even have some screenshots stored up somewhere from those times, I'll post it here if I manage to find the folder.

Yes it's me :)
It's great to see someone remembering LL. It was a nice server if i may say so :D there weren't many (good) no-resets servers around.
The "no afk" rule was something i inherited from the previous admins, not my choice i Always thought MU is mostly an AFK game save for events.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I also remember Last Land and it was the best server I played. There was a huge attention to detail. I simply reported a typo in item name and it got fixed in a patch later the same day. That's how polished it was. Add a huge userbase and it was simply great.

Reaction score
I also remember Last Land and it was the best server I played. There was a huge attention to detail. I simply reported a typo in item name and it got fixed in a patch later the same day. That's how polished it was. Add a huge userbase and it was simply great.

HAHAH yea i remember. There were also some other fixes in that patch. Anyway the typo was because the client was Korean and i had to "translate" it to english.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Oraculo EMU, was the first server I played, Chilean server from back in the day, 97d. Rates were like 3x. Zen was the main way of trading, and everything was really hard to get. I remember playing for more than a year and being only level 190. Lasted for more than 7 years, finally died when they moved to a "newer" version with easier content.

I always make hard servers, and I'm currently working on a complete redesign of MU, we are changing everything, so that the experience is similar to how it was when you played for the first time.. having to learn everything about the game again.
All formulas are different, classes are different, there are no stats (no str/agi/vit/ene/cmd), skills are auto-learned, lots of new quests, lots of new events, redesigned all existing events including castle siege. Redesign all sets/weapons (not visually though, not a fan of skins), sets can get multicolor glows, max level is 120, obviously no reset, ingame market system, new skills, new skill combos, new buffs, lots of new lore, new stats, a lot of customization for builds, complete redesign of parties and guilds with a lot of new guild-based content, new dungeons/raids and more..

We just loved the first time we played and we really want to feel like that again, having that experience of discovery again on this game.
It's been almost a year and a half of work, and it will still take at least another 6 months, but hopefully we'll have a really fun server. :)

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
Haven't played MU in awhile but i still remember them.

1. Psychic-Doom 97D, Saw people playing it in a cafe and its what gotten me into MU in the first place.
2. ShadowMU S2 to "Pre-season 4", Shadowmu.co.uk, It was painful to see it close. I met alot of friends here.
3. Insert MU, Man this was interesting. This server had lots of interesting people- especially the admin, great guy. and was the server that got me into server making.
4. FunZ MU and Silver MU as a break, Super fun and funny skins. Lots of shenanigans but it was all good.

Reaction score
Haven't played MU in awhile but i still remember them.

1. Psychic-Doom 97D, Saw people playing it in a cafe and its what gotten me into MU in the first place.
2. ShadowMU S2 to "Pre-season 4", Shadowmu.co.uk, It was painful to see it close. I met alot of friends here.
3. Insert MU, Man this was interesting. This server had lots of interesting people- especially the admin, great guy. and was the server that got me into server making.
4. FunZ MU and Silver MU as a break, Super fun and funny skins. Lots of shenanigans but it was all good.

damn shadow mu s2 was amazing yes!
all i can remember was the good pvp times at arena and pain ful times finding good bd exc item with good opts xD
and good reset lvl ups at arena and so on...

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Reaction score
Mine was like back in 2009 the server was called mu destino final season 6 and was one of the biggest in my country. I remember being 3rd in the ranking and being the battle master of the server's main guild.

The rates were low and was pretty hard to get excellent items and only the top 10 had full acc sets. The game events were awesome, the fights to keep the spots, the guild wars and many friends i made there were pretty nice.

Thanks to it i fell in love with that season, sadly the owner sold the server to someone else who made it p2w and everyone eventually left.

Back