Best MU server you've played

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    386Posts

Re: Best MU server you've played

Oraculo EMU, was the first server I played, Chilean server from back in the day, 97d. Rates were like 3x. Zen was the main way of trading, and everything was really hard to get. I remember playing for more than a year and being only level 190. Lasted for more than 7 years, finally died when they moved to a "newer" version with easier content.

I always make hard servers, and I'm currently working on a complete redesign of MU, we are changing everything, so that the experience is similar to how it was when you played for the first time.. having to learn everything about the game again.
    All formulas are different, classes are different, there are no stats (no str/agi/vit/ene/cmd), skills are auto-learned, lots of new quests, lots of new events, redesigned all existing events including castle siege. Redesign all sets/weapons (not visually though, not a fan of skins), sets can get multicolor glows, max level is 120, obviously no reset, ingame market system, new skills, new skill combos, new buffs, lots of new lore, new stats, a lot of customization for builds, complete redesign of parties and guilds with a lot of new guild-based content, new dungeons/raids and more..

We just loved the first time we played and we really want to feel like that again, having that experience of discovery again on this game.
    It's been almost a year and a half of work, and it will still take at least another 6 months, but hopefully we'll have a really fun server. :)

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    IsraelLocation
    26Posts

MU Heroia .Great old time.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date

Haven't played MU in awhile but i still remember them.

1. Psychic-Doom 97D, Saw people playing it in a cafe and its what gotten me into MU in the first place.
    2. ShadowMU S2 to "Pre-season 4", Shadowmu.co.uk, It was painful to see it close. I met alot of friends here.
    3. Insert MU, Man this was interesting. This server had lots of interesting people- especially the admin, great guy. and was the server that got me into server making.
    4. FunZ MU and Silver MU as a break, Super fun and funny skins. Lots of shenanigans but it was all good.
    Lost in thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Severithe View Post
    Haven't played MU in awhile but i still remember them.

1. Psychic-Doom 97D, Saw people playing it in a cafe and its what gotten me into MU in the first place.
    2. ShadowMU S2 to "Pre-season 4", Shadowmu.co.uk, It was painful to see it close. I met alot of friends here.
    3. Insert MU, Man this was interesting. This server had lots of interesting people- especially the admin, great guy. and was the server that got me into server making.
    4. FunZ MU and Silver MU as a break, Super fun and funny skins. Lots of shenanigans but it was all good.
    damn shadow mu s2 was amazing yes!
    all i can remember was the good pvp times at arena and pain ful times finding good bd exc item with good opts xD
    and good reset lvl ups at arena and so on...

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    ElbelandLocation
    1,798Posts

Mine was like back in 2009 the server was called mu destino final season 6 and was one of the biggest in my country. I remember being 3rd in the ranking and being the battle master of the server's main guild.

The rates were low and was pretty hard to get excellent items and only the top 10 had full acc sets. The game events were awesome, the fights to keep the spots, the guild wars and many friends i made there were pretty nice.

Thanks to it i fell in love with that season, sadly the owner sold the server to someone else who made it p2w and everyone eventually left.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    RomaniaLocation
    288Posts

The first server that i played, and probably enjoyed the most is Mu Linkmania (0.97b). Low xp (3x) having +11 set it was a great achievement, i had a phonebook with phone numbers of all my guildmates (HHunterZ). The computers were online 24/7 and if someone slept and died on spot someone called in an maximum of 15 minutes.
    The server had a no-afk rule, with harsh administration (good thing) , the playerbase was consisted mostly of Romanians 2k+ players.

Some other servers that i consider to be unique or good:
    - Arieth MU (1st server that i played summoner, lots of customs, 4th wings, nice progression system)
    - Rere4Fun (Same as Linkmania but it was Season 3-4, from what i recall they some of the first guys to have a fully working Illusion Temple)
    - DivinityMU (Season 6 ep3, nice server, nice people, shitty Admin and some "interesting" donations made some guilds imba)
    - LostLand MU (Season 6, had the best non-reset progression, the dmg formulas were nice, a very good server)
    - DarkSide of MU (This was the one that i played the most, the best pvp formulas, also @DaRKav was a very nice guy, the server had lots of customs, server side and client side, a very nice community, and after some time i even became part of the events team -EVT-)

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    Constitución (Location
    86Posts

latinmu from 2015

Player here for 15 years and this is my rank from top to bottom.

1. Mu Global - 2003

-Days of "Jewel rotation EE 1st"
    -Days where Drag Set+3+12 means you were cool
    -Getting your first "Running Boots" made you proud
    -Chaos Dragon Axe = YOUR ARE GOD LIKE

2. Mu Philippines (Mobius) - Late 2003 onward

-Huge population
    -Trading and farming economy the best i've seen
    -KS Wars with Wiz or EMG, even no EXP 1st to leave spot is the loser
    -A.T.A.C.T. alliance (Tachoink & AvenD3rd)

3. Mu Online Philippines (Agartha by MU Engine Dev) - 2012 to Present

-First ever to release Ecoins Market on Personal Store
    -4k to 5k players online per hour
    -Still number 1 for Non-Rebirth/Reset in terms of population & Low-rate
    -Only private server that was run so well it seems like it's an official server (IDK if Im biased because I worked with them for 3years)

4. PandoraMu

-I like the community and the web shop back in the day when very few had it
    -This is where I learned the no-afk policy

5. LostLand Mu (MU Engine)

-The first non-rebirth private server I ever played that seemed bugless
    -Admin was hands-on
    -Admin Banned me when I offered 700 USD for standard gears even he knew nobody would know.

MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    67Posts

Psychic-Doom MU - The First MU I ever played, the Battle was so Close and challenging. I had my 1st Reset for about 2 months.

Zhyper MU
    * Most Populated Mu Server
    * I'm currently playing at when I have time
    * The Battle was challenging,
    * Back then 2004 - 2008 , All of the Internet Cafe in my Hometown has ZhyperMU

Mu RuZ - They have 2 Custom Characters. Hunter (A Male Archer) and Slayer (A Female Gladiator). also had a custom Skill Tree for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement