Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Are MuEngines "legal" in a way?

NN - Nord & Noob
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wtf.. Code yours? What about protocol u use, protocol struct, what about SQL scripts, names, what about client your emulator is requied? I sugest u go pay lawyer and learn this..
U talk poop u dont know.. just like IGC

None of emulators of mu i ever saw was legit. U just cant copyright, copyrighted work xD all of there out "emulator" sellers not fucked up only be cause wz give a poop about them and all them family.. try do and sell some blizard works "emulator"

Reaction score
wtf.. Code yours? What about protocol u use, protocol struct, what about SQL scripts, names, what about client your emulator is requied? I sugest u go pay lawyer and learn this..
U talk poop u dont know.. just like IGC

None of emulators of mu i ever saw was legit
Well, I doubt a protocol can be copyrighted (if you compare that with an api, google won vs oracle with their dalvik vm which uses the java api).
If you don't use any of webzen's decompiled sources (structs, sql database, scripts, names) and recreate it all yourself from the ground up - without simply copying/rewriting their source ofc - you are not violating any copyright. Just because you never saw such an emulator, does not mean they can't be made.

Of course, using their client is against their EULA (if it would be against the law using it unmodified I don't know for sure), but I never said anything about the client...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When you create your Own Emulator at least 90% By your code, your SQL Structs and etc... It`s legal.

Isn't this like saying that since I copied the game but wrote it in my way, I definitely did not violate any Trademark or Copyright laws? Unless you redesign the whole game including graphics, UI & content, I doubt it's anything but legal.

Running a private server is definitely illegal, as either way, you're duplicating a game & letting the public access it worldwide. Especially when you have "donations" set-up without any registration of businesses. But then again what do I know, I'm no professional.

Last edited:
Back