Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Multi Server Season Emulator?

Reaction score
Hey.

Is there any project yet that has like already support running an emulator where you can choose which season u want to run? lets say, you have 4-6- .ex programs (connectserver,joinserver, and the standard ones) and then there is GS.97D/GS.SEASON1/GS.SEASON2./SEASON3/SEASON4/SEASON5/SEASON6/SEASON7/SEASON8/
and ofcourse u will have each season's folder files seperated with the configs, but instead of changing whole files, you just use the emulator and choose what season u wanna start working.

what do you think is it hard to do that? is there possibility to include season1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 together in a single application (emulator) with startup for each season ?

cheers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It can be with one client also but with same ui maybe. Its not hard just open close seasonal spesific settings that is all :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Would be a very cool idea. But then the players would scatter throughout the seasons. Its hard enough finding a single season server with enough players :p

Nice idea tho

iNewLegend , Leo123
Reaction score
it will be not lucrative too much work for nothing real ... if you understand me

Reaction score
YOu can use LC Dataserver as base, Afonso changed some protocols but for me is the best emulator until here, with support of ExDB, you will need to adjust packets but you need to do this anyway.

i have worked with afonso lage season 4 files, is stable to me. But we can try to port it to another GS maybe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
not a problem can be also made to run from different season client but it will take some time..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Or we can try to use zMultiServer from season 8.2 with some features from LC.DataServer.
What you think?

thats even dont matter the changes are so small (most important in DB)

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
Thats kinda easy and need too little work. You just need to make different groups on the Connect Server.

Reaction score
Would be nice to be able to connect to the same subserver using different clients... I had this feature in mind for my own emulator.
Unfortunately the game server sends its expected version when the client connects, and the client checks if it is the same as the client version. So without modified clients, it would not work.
The easier alternative is to have a subserver for each version, like bet0x said already.

Reaction score
Would be nice to be able to connect to the same subserver using different clients... I had this feature in mind for my own emulator.
Unfortunately the game server sends its expected version when the client connects, and the client checks if it is the same as the client version. So without modified clients, it would not work.
The easier alternative is to have a subserver for each version, like bet0x said already.

Different versions, with each db? LOL good luck i guess :D

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
Different versions, with each db? LOL good luck i guess :D

No dude, just need a little of order. Using (in theory) the client protocol version and some kind of verification you can direct packets to the right place, a if else.

The DB part is very easy, just modify your dataserver and insert based on the version used by the account. Do checks, example an account can be Season 4 EP3 for example and can be upgraded to Season 6 EP3 but can't be downgraded.

Is quite easy when you know the protocol and how to work the data.

Reaction score
No dude, just need a little of order. Using (in theory) the client protocol version and some kind of verification you can direct packets to the right place, a if else.

The DB part is very easy, just modify your dataserver and insert based on the version used by the account. Do checks, example an account can be Season 4 EP3 for example and can be upgraded to Season 6 EP3 but can't be downgraded.

Is quite easy when you know the protocol and how to work the data.

If you upgrade account you cannot downgrade?
Soo what is the reason to create a sub-server with different versions?

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
If you upgrade account you cannot downgrade?
Soo what is the reason to create a sub-server with different versions?

I was talking about character migration from version to version, or you can do something like a char reset when you enter to "another version server".

Reaction score
I was talking about character migration from version to version, or you can do something like a char reset when you enter to "another version server".

If you have same dbo for different versions,
you can change between seasons without problems, just some party's of character won't be upgraded.

I did not know if this can be a problem, but you need to run them.

Back