Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

For how long more will MuOnline last?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, the question is in the title already. I'd like to know your opinion.
I'm not only talking about the Global server, but I'm talking about the whole playerbase of Mu.
Is it still worth it to develop anything for this game? I feel like the further down the road, the more things are just shoehorned in..

So, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Mu online will never die and you know why?Because is not the graphic or the great passion of pvp "We all know that is so poor..
if you see around we have 2013 and players still play 97d...that can says everything...is the old passion,is the friends...is the new starting that most hope will be the best...is the fight the fun e.t.c

So about develop i see many guys with great work i mean Fantastic work...and they do well on this part!
My answer: if hacks will stop with somehow...then all will take hes road. Mu Online seems to be bored cause of hack's-cheat's NOTHING ALSE.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hah, your question has probably been asked hundreds of times by hundreds of people throughout the last 5 years.
Pleople still expect the game to die because it is so old, but the age of the game doesn't really matter, the game was so well made that most people who play it for what it actually is (not the graphics nor the physics) fall in love with the game instantly.

As the guy above me said, Mu will probably "never" die or at least it will, but not in the near future

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@DopeBoyOne:
I never said anything about graphics - yes, they're old but as you said - that's not the most important thing.
Hacks and cheating will never stop, because, simply - no system can be perfect. With enough time and knowledge everything can be broken or bypassed.
The main problem when it comes to cheating in MuOnline is that the game's code simply doesn't check for a lot of things. If the developers gave the game a little though, many things (like the godmode for example) wouldn't be possible.

@XeroK
Do they fall in love? That was the case when I started, but now I don't see as many new players as I used to. I don't think that the age is also an issue - it's the direction in which the game is heading.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It certainly will, but I don't see a point of your post. The question wasn't will it end, but rather how long does it have till the end.
MU2 is said to be coming out quite soon (although we all know how "good" with schedules webzen really is) and I was wondering if it's worth to develop anything serious for the game anymore.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
first question : you should ask to yourself : how long u will play that game?
here is your answer.

faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've been playing this game since it ever started, and I'm now just 22. I don't play it like I used to back in the days, like a kid, but I sure do still enjoy it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MU is the kind of classic hack & slash games that you can always get back into when you stopped playing for awhile. You will always remember where the npcs are, the town ain't so big that you have to get lost to find potions.

Yes, the quests are quite frankly limited but the userbase has grown so much that it is more about the community than the game. So I sense MU is gonna live on at least untill MU5 comes out. Which probably means 50 years from now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
mu will live atleast till webzen releases mu2 for public, depending on how well done it is and how big percentage of players of mu start playing mu2, if it's very well done and majority current of privateserver players start playing it, it could be fatal blow to most of the privateservers, official server will undoubtedly be closed when mu2 launches

then depending on how much of a succees mu2 is it could give the final deathkiss to the scene if it manages to keep all the players or if it fails mu2 might die on it's tracks and mu scene prevail

anyway as long as we havent had the chance to test mu2 for ourselves nothing cannot be said for sure

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I known many ppls that never heard about MU2 and they dont want to stop playing MU. I see many kids playing MU and they already played games like MU2 so my options is that MU will longer at least for more 10~15 years....

Of course MU can loose many players to MU2, but it will not "close" or "die".

faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It will last for years. At the moment, there's plenty of private servers all around the world. MU Online is far from its elderly years :wink: have a drink on that.

Back