Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What new MuOnline tools would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Greetings;

I'm going to be creating a few new tools for the ragezone mu community because I have noticed that they are falling behind with the latest releases, for example most don't support s6 and of course I've been around for years and haven't given anything back so here's my chance. But I need some suggestions on what tools you would like. Please don't be insane with the ideas! I've only been programming in C++/SQL for about 4 years, so I'm not god as of yet!

Please give me as much detail as you can, and if I decide to make them I will credit you for the idea.

I will do as many of the popular requests as possible, but I warn you, I'm a perfectionist, so they way take a while to create but I will create a thread for the ones I decide to make and keep you up to date on the progress.

So RageZoners! Give me some ideas and I will get to it

Regards,
YtysVynsan

Update!

# Concepts
Mu Editor​
Info : MUOnline Editor, able to edit characters, Items, Vaults, Skills, Invent, etc​
Extra Features (if possible)- GM Watcher (A tool, to watch GM's activities), - Sql Tools (Clear old accounts etc) Themes, Remote Connections, Game Server tools (reload monsters etc) and much more​
~ Credits to 1Word @ RageZone for idea

Last edited:
Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Make a better copy of MuMaker/ST MuEditor!

MuMaker:
-Is coded badly and has bad interface that loads very hard (it is pro editor, I give credits for that)
-Does lack some functionality (on latest releases you can have FO + Socket + ancient in signle item, this doesn't fully work)
-Cannot create Lucky Items (S6+ ancients, not sure if they work like on global but if and when they do, they will need a place in an editor :) )
-The Harmony options are wierd, most of them add + 0 and only some of them add right amount)

MuEditor:
It is built very well, but lacks alot of features that MuMaker has... (alot)

So basicly you can build a very complex MuEditor (so you can edit everything regarding an account, PC-Points, Resets, Guilds, Alliances Items, Vaults, Characters, ability to add new items, etc.) with low resource needs and fast processing!

Just a suggestion :p

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Make a better copy of MuMaker/ST MuEditor!

MuMaker:
-Is coded badly and has bad interface that loads very hard (it is pro editor, I give credits for that)
-Does lack some functionality (on latest releases you can have FO + Socket + ancient in signle item, this doesn't fully work)
-Cannot create Lucky Items (S6+ ancients, not sure if they work like on global but if and when they do, they will need a place in an editor :) )
-The Harmony options are wierd, most of them add + 0 and only some of them add right amount)

MuEditor:
It is built very well, but lacks alot of features that MuMaker has... (alot)

So basicly you can build a very complex MuEditor (so you can edit everything regarding an account, PC-Points, Resets, Guilds, Alliances Items, Vaults, Characters, ability to add new items, etc.) with low resource needs and fast processing!

Just a suggestion :p

Believe it or not that's quite easy :L! Its all sql based stuff, only part that would take the time would be getting all the interface together! And everything I program uses a cache grid, so even if its an intense program, it will always be quick and low on resources.

Once I get a few more suggestions, I will put a poll up. And add that to it!

@Ron, your have to give me a little more detail then that :L

Regards,

Ytys Vynsan

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Make item editor with the simple addition of pictures...
Example Bone Blade (in server 0 22) so picture must me 0-22.jpg...
and if possible make readable item base in mu item maker from item(kor).txt
Thanks.

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you need a hand of help on coding PM me.

I would like to see an editor that works remotely base on user and password(for staff members) but all operation are made by intermediary server(like a dataserver) so the editor itself will not have any sensitive data like user and password of SQL and more than this your SQL can stay only local so you gain a + of security.(each account have an access level configured by the main administrator) I think this will be very useful for many servers as they may allow staff members to do basic things(not full access to prevent shits to happen).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you need a hand of help on coding PM me.

I would like to see an editor that works remotely base on user and password(for staff members) but all operation are made by intermediary server(like a dataserver) so the editor itself will not have any sensitive data like user and password of SQL and more than this your SQL can stay only local so you gain a + of security.(each account have an access level configured by the main administrator) I think this will be very useful for many servers as they may allow staff members to do basic things(not full access to prevent shits to happen).

To be able to do that, it would require the person (user) using it to change the database itself, and add user levels. Could be possible to do it using a autoscript thinking about it. The alpha will not include remote connections, but beta will of course. This is because i want to have an encrypted connection between the two. Which does take time to program in. I was thinking, maybe it would be a good idea to have ip level access as well, for example only set ip's can use it. Others will be auto banned for a set time.

But firstly, I want to get the basic mu editor done, to be able to edit characters, guilds, and all the basic stuff. Then i'd like to work on the shop editor, monster editor, etc. Then after all that add the remote connections and extra tools before going back over all of it to refine the code and debug were required to make it to v1.0.

Regards,

Yts Vynsan

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
BMD editor, bcoz all are of Text, Gate & Move. and dont work with the lastest versions.
Only Magic Hand its great, but its web editor u.u.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey can you make MUserver tools. For easier usage of server files, such as Monsters spots, shop editor, monsters drop editor, etc. becouse in some files S5 items drop in Lorencia and devias. Spots are critical too devias have 2 or 3 good spots, Lorencia 6 spots, and Atlans do not have any. I know that you can edit this in notepad and simmular programs but it take 4-5 hours, but if you make this program it will be more easier and it will take max 1 hour, and you will have 4 hours to edit something else.

Thanks anyway

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
hey can you make MUserver tools. For easier usage of server files, such as Monsters spots, shop editor, monsters drop editor, etc. becouse in some files S5 items drop in Lorencia and devias. Spots are critical too devias have 2 or 3 good spots, Lorencia 6 spots, and Atlans do not have any. I know that you can edit this in notepad and simmular programs but it take 4-5 hours, but if you make this program it will be more easier and it will take max 1 hour, and you will have 4 hours to edit something else.

Thanks anyway

Thats a lazy man speaking...if it takes you 4 hours to do some spots...sux to be you then :lol:
As [RCZ]ShadowKing said, an editor wich will not need to insert tables and other crap in the database and an editor for the client, to be able to edit and add extra stuff to the bmd files of it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thats a lazy man speaking...if it takes you 4 hours to do some spots...sux to be you then :lol:
As [RCZ]ShadowKing said, an editor wich will not need to insert tables and other crap in the database and an editor for the client, to be able to edit and add extra stuff to the bmd files of it.

I will see what I can do, I was thinking about adding a monster editor anyways. Using a graphical map, showing locations etc of monsters so they can be easily edited.

I'm going to start work on it on monday. I will keep you all update date on my progress.

Also going to try and add a obj editor, both editing the obj's skins, models and placements. But that is the last thing i want to do because it's the one thing that is going to be the hardest to program.

And about the Different Seasons. I will just have to auto-detect for the seasons. Season 6 will be the first one support anyways, then I will work my way back to the good old days of Season 1.

I'm also going to make an android app as well, with most of the key stuff you need to monitor a server on the go.

Regards,
YtysVynsan

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
android app sounds siiiick, iPhone users too please :)

Look forward to your releases, goodluck bro

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
android app sounds siiiick, iPhone users too please :)

Look forward to your releases, goodluck bro

Android is for the free and creative ;) unlike iPhone, plus I don't own a iPhone so I couldn't do any testing!

Going to hopefully have a basic release by next weekend, see how it goes :L

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see you went for MuEditor, great news, cheers :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To start off with I would do that MU Editor program with shop editor, monster editor and spawner.

After that an application in English for a BMD Editor.
All the ones I have found are in Spanish and use a website. They come with English language but even when I put English in settings Spanish loads up, so we need an actual working program that does this in English! :)

Although I think MU Editor should come first ;)
The shop editor is something a lot of people need!

As far as the concept art goes, why does every MU tool insist on using the MU ingame textures?
I think a simple program with a white background would look cleaner and more professional in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back