Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The First MuOnline Version?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Never Call 0.65 The Most Old Version of MuOnline.
Jeong Seon:
The Creator of MuOnline
Actually 35 Year Old
Personal Story:

I have proof that existed in MuOnline versions much less advanced, as v0.36, version 0.65 never existed, it is possible that if server files, but has never been a v0.65 client, the client has existed v0. 58 and then was released v66c client, if the client had been 0.65 would be a Beta that was never released to the public

Learn :

edit1: funny trivia

"Which of these monsters is the strongest monster in the entire game?
Balroc. The Balroc is the strongest monster in the entire game. It's level is 67! Only the most powerful and experienced players will be able to overcome this powerful foe! This monster is located in the newly relased map called, "The Lost Tower". "

His personal story is awesome. Never seen that before.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i was playing global when highest map was lost tower (wigle server had just opened) and i got to be one of the highest players. I was hacked a bit later when webzen's db was stolen so i turned to private servers. It was really fun even if the exp was astonishingly low and best items were dragon set and CDA. THere were only a couple of winged players ehehehehe (and i was level 130ish)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i was playing global when highest map was lost tower (wigle server had just opened) and i got to be one of the highest players. I was hacked a bit later when webzen's db was stolen so i turned to private servers. It was really fun even if the exp was astonishingly low and best items were dragon set and CDA. THere were only a couple of winged players ehehehehe (and i was level 130ish)

yes i think i understand you i really enjoy the old mu online school game play as most close to the original exp and drop, it makes the game sens full, i was also trying to host a server on the oldest files, i would love to do so in near future.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If am not wrong in 2003 when I started to play GMO it was version 0.54 or something like that... With a news column on the website: The Great opening of Lost Towers

Ehh memory is a fun thing... certain ones just stick in your mind as it happened 5 minutes ago... even though over 10 years passed...

It said version 0.54 on the loading screen in the left bottom corner on selection between Maya/Wigle servers...

Anyone remembers the weird graphic for EE buffs at that time? :)

Reaction score
In the 0.65 gameserver sources, you can find a patch.txt with a change log. I translated it with google:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ///////////////////////////////
// Patch.txt
// Clean up patch contents of game server
//
// Created by: Song Gyu-Seon Last updated date: September 19, 2002
////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ///////////////////////////////

- 2002.11.25 (0.78.01 / szbv (* 40ds9lkN2n)
▩ Add 0x05 to 0x41 in protocol
▩ Protocol 0xF1 0x01 0x11 added in result (Connection prohibited under 15 years old)
▩ Two-handed weapon holding shield bug fix
▩ Skill-free weapon skills available bug fix (using the shop)
▩ summoned monster self-defense killer method <summoned monster, the summoner will not attack unless the attack command is not modified)
▩ In case of the article and the testimony, both hands should be equal to 10% value added

- 2002.11.25 (0.78.01 / szbv (* 40ds9lkN2n)
▩ Total experience value
▩ Dungeon Level 2 and 3 Level Limit 40, 60 each
 Add NonPK option to Commonloc.cfg (this allows PK-prohibited server)
▩ Character Items Block items can not be moved (Incubation, Transaction Movement, Warehouse Movement, Store Movement (Accident / Sell), Chaos Movement, Discard,
▩ Character Block
▩ Not connected if it is not a known character

- Nov. 21, 2002 (0.77.01)
Fixed a bug that sends users to connect server.
▩ Event log output from event monster
(Event ItemDrop: Item:% d Level:% d op1:% d op2:% d op3:% d)
▩ PMSG_GUILDDELUSER, PMSG_CHARDELETE Resident Number Fixed to 10 digits

▩ According to the Chinese side request, we did not check the redundant connection check in one IP.
▩ Increase MAX_LEVEL to 350
▩ Check if cfg or ini files exist
▩ 1153 Add message "The game will automatically end in 10 seconds after requesting% s"
▩ 1154 Add message "The game will start automatically after 10 seconds"

▩ Do not drop items when killing each other.
▩ Murderer is not murdered.
 LogAdd ("Experience: [% s] [% s]% u% d", lpObj-> AccountID, lpObj-> Name, lpObj-> Experience-addexp, addexp);
▩ The item that fell from the event monster is also modified to have an anti-eating feature.
▩ Chinese dragon attack text

▩ Remove the Atlantis party limit
▩ To move to the third floor of the Lost Tower
▩ 20021119-01 Show the trap magic
▩ 20021119-02 50th Lost Tower Trap Fixed to attack only characters in 2 tiles.

- 2002.10.29 (0.74.03)
▩ Modifying Battle Soaker

- 2002.10.20 (0.74.02)
Fixed a bug that incorrectly output PC amount information
Authentication was protocol 12 and game server 8.
After revision: char EndsDays [12];
(SDHP_BILLSEARCH_RESULT)
Move the LootingTime variable from commonserver.cfg to commonloc.cfg

- October 20, 2002 (0.74.01)
▩ (SimpleModulus) Add encryption routines (encryption only for important protocols)
SimpleModulus.Lib, SimpleModulus.h: (produced by Hong Sung Min Library)
Fixed a bug that the magic lost
▩ Fixed character deletion bug
▩ Prevention of eating
▩ 1152 Add message "This item is not% s"

- October 15, 2002 (0.73.06)
▩ Commonserver.cfg and commonloc.cfg are categorized into two, commonloc.cfg is a setting that does not change well in each country.
▩ Prevent copying using chaos box
▩ PartyMember (Count): [CharName] [CharName] [CharName] [CharName] [CharName]
And outputs the party configuration member as shown in FIG.
▩ 1151 Add message "Close the chaos box and exit"
▩ LogAddL (""); Function has been added. This function prints the log only when the internal connection (LOCALCONNECT == 1).
▩ If the item is a copy /

- October 10, 2002 (0.73.04)
// ------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------
// [0xF3] [0x02] Request to delete character
// ------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------
typedef struct
{
PBMSG_HEAD h;
BYTE subcode;
char Name [MAX_IDSTRING];
// char LastJoominNumber [8];
char LastJoominNumber [10];
} PMSG_CHARDELETE, * LPPMSG_CHARDELETE;

// CS [0x53] Exclude from the guild.
typedef struct
{
PBMSG_HEAD h;
char Name [MAX_IDSTRING];
// char JoominNumber [7];
char JoominNumber [10];
} PMSG_GUILDDELUSER, * LPPMSG_GUILDDELUSER;

▩ Previous LastJoominNumber [8]; , LastJoominNumber [7]; I changed the size of what it was all to 10.
First, Taiwan was applied first. Korea does not apply yet! (important)

- October 10, 2002 (0.73.03,04)
 A routine to check whether client main.exe has been modified by adding CheckSum.dat has been added.

- September 29, 2002 (0.72.01)
▩ Check the resident registration number.
▩ PMSG_SERVERINFO Add UserCount among game server information sent to connection server (current number of users)
▩ When creating a character or when connecting to a character, the character class that does not exist is checked to prevent access.

- Sep. 19, 2002 (0.71.02)
▩ Modification of MonsterSetbase.txt (re-patching)

- Sep. 19, 2002 (0.70.01)
▩ Add monster raid event

- 2002.8.21 (0.69.04)
Fixed a bug where items could not be picked up when trading or party windows were open

- 2002.8.20 (0.69.03)
▩ Set the blade's durability of the inventory to 255 unconditionally. (Re-apply the wing durability patch to the next patch)
▩ / Fixed the request to turn off the request when turning off the request

- 2002.8.12 (0.69.02)

Logged on PK% s (killed user) [Killed]% s (dead user)
▩ (DB server patch) Fixed a bug without weapon when creating character first
▩ Yeongseok / Seokseok / Seokseok no options or skills to get rid of ..
▩ Fixed wing durability cutter
▩ Bug: Chaos Nature Bow goes out without using an arrow.
Old: else if ((Left-> m_Type> = (4 << 4)) && (Left-> m_Type <= (4 << 4) +5)) // If you are wearing a bow ...
New: else if ((Left-> m_Type> = (4 << 4)) && (Left-> m_Type <= (4 << 4) +6)) // if you are wearing a bow ...

- 2002.8.9 (0.69.01)
▩ Add specific user protocol tracking system (2 server patch)

- 2002.8.8 (0.69)

- 2002.8.5 (0.68)
▩ When you re-read the monster, make it allocate from the beginning (gObjMonCount = 0)
▩ ConMember.cpp: modifiable configurable member
▩ add the following to serverinfo.dat
ConnectMemberLoad = 1; Configure connectable members so that others can not. Configuring ConnectMember.txt
This option affects only that server.

▩ Add the whole announcement
1118 Modify message

- 2002.7.20 (0.67)
▩ Fix problem when using / move command while using warehouse, transaction, or shop

- July 16, 2002 (0.66)
▩ Add ItemFile = Item (Kor) .txt from Commonserver.cfg
This allows you to read the item files separately. Because of the item name ..

- 2002.7.10 (0.65)
▩ Fixed bug level limit movement limit
▩ Add and modify message_kor.wtf file

- 2002.7.8 (0.64)
In the gCheckBattleGroundTimer () function, the gBSGround [n] -> m_BlueTeam value has a null reference error
Fixed to return just for a while ..

- 2002.6.25 (0.61)
▩ 0x36 Protocol modification

▩ 0xF3 0x04 Protocol modification 20020704-01
Send money info when you die

Fixed Dunbug not sending tokol (just go to town when dead)

- 2001.12.31 (0.34)
▩ Knight skill bug fix: When the deal window was opened, the skill was not deleted.

- Dec. 26, 2001 (0.33)
▩ Movement Nuclear Prevention: Check the map limit level per second, and if the limit level is not reached, go back to the town of Ralcia
▩ Potion Nuclear Prevention: You can not buy items if you limit the amount of time you can spend in the store (3 minutes).
▩ Fixed a bug in the party: Because of the party using the end of the car, we get party scenery alone without party members.
▩ Monsters did not attack (modify): Monster.txt has a ViewRange that is too short
Also, the user who is looking for a monster is modified as a user who sees it. (Previously,
There was a square)
▩ Fixed a bug that did not move instantly:

- 2001.12.21 (0.32)
▩ Up to three potions in the inventory overlap
▩ Add durability (number) to store data
▩ Ability to fill arrows and crossbow arrows

** Database server **
▩ You can create up to 220 characters.

- December 13, 2001 (0.30)
▩ Add monster for event to monster.txt

- Dec. 17, 2001 (0.29)
▩ Transparent nuclear weapon (use of nuclear weapons to move the map after re-contact the village is not worthy of the level of writing,
▩ Guild bugs (level / 10, exceeding the maximum guild did not exceed the bug)
▩ Move Nucleus (If you can not move the level can not move ..)

- December 13, 2001
 Log recording when outputting bulletin (someone is using bulletin even though it is not operator)
If the size is 0 after header check, it will hang up.

- December 12, 2001
▩ Fixed bug over monster position (put on map or go out of map)
▩ When the transaction is canceled, some items disappear
▩ Guild deletion bug fix (Cause of breakage due to string processing more than 8 characters)
Guild-related bugs seem to be that problem.

- October 29, 2001
▩ Modified that the magic that he did not have is using nucleus to send 0x1D, 0x1E protocol.
▩ Participation experience divided by TotalLevel / TotalCount in the distribution part, you can level the user to join the whole
Calculated by the full faveler he was born .. Name divided by TotalLevel / ViewPlayer (the player shown on the screen).
Fixed a bug that prevented the magic that was used due to the ucleus from being used.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ehh memory is a fun thing... certain ones just stick in your mind as it happened 5 minutes ago... even though over 10 years passed...

It said version 0.54 on the loading screen in the left bottom corner on selection between Maya/Wigle servers...

Anyone remembers the weird graphic for EE buffs at that time? :)

Oh man nostalgia mode on. I remember - we called it watermelon because u could buff it many times so elf looked like inside one.

I wish those files would be still available and possible to use.

Reaction score
What I do remember is that Losttower was the only highest map at that time, but I'm not exactly sure if its 0.54.

I would love to try out the oldest version of MU again if only it does exist.
I think I still have one of those older versions somewhere on a hard disk (client & server), where losttower was the highest map. Probably won't be very easy to find though. I remember trying to launch a server with that version when I was 15, but it quickly got hacked because there was an issue in the website I was using.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I still have one of those older versions somewhere on a hard disk (client & server), where losttower was the highest map. Probably won't be very easy to find though. I remember trying to launch a server with that version when I was 15, but it quickly got hacked because there was an issue in the website I was using.

If you find those upload somewhere, this would be nice and appreciated :D

I had some files on my old pc but yeah, it was replaced like like 15+ years ago and not sure if still have some hdd from it ^^
Ehh, also know this - i tried few time to make a server and it was hacked or fkd with some cheats/dupes. ;)

Back