Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuServer in Computers Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like the title says, Can it be possible to install a Mu Server in a computer cluster? If yes, where can I find a tutorial or something related to. Thanks any help will help me a lot :thumbup:

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Usually you use cluster computing when you have to run something very very big and from what i know even the biggest muonline server(global) don't run on cluster so it would be a resource waste.

To answer your question : as long as the cluster runs windows you can run muonline there with no problem at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What are the specification of the muonline server(global)?
Yeah I am trying to do this because I have 3 computers that I do not use at all so I want to put they together to build a high traffic mu server.

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Depending on the version you can get up to 1,000 players online on quad core processor 2.4ghz and 8gb ram.
For a 200 players server it would be enough a dual core 2.0+ and 4 gb ram(dedicated server).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Depending on the version you can get up to 1,000 players online on quad core processor 2.4ghz and 8gb ram.
For a 200 players server it would be enough a dual core 2.0+ and 4 gb ram(dedicated server).

Oh thanks.
what about bandwidth(Upload) to handle those 1,000 players?

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh thanks.
what about bandwidth(Upload) to handle those 1,000 players?
10mbps upload should handle all of them but it needs to be low latency else all players will lag. If you host the website on the same internet connection then i would recommend 100mbps upload link because the website will use a lot of bandwidth when he send images, css, jss.

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
To cluster Mu Servers you have to use MapServerInfo wich sends the players to differents GameServers on a cluster. Easy thing.

Reaction score
Can you guys give little more details? That will be great thanks for ur replays ::thumbup:
It's like the Server 20, where Loren Valley, Crywolf etc is. It's also on its own server, and that's configured in the MapServerInfo.
When you enter a map which is configured to be on another server, the gameserver is redirecting the game client to the configured game server of this map.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's like the Server 20, where Loren Valley, Crywolf etc is. It's also on its own server, and that's configured in the MapServerInfo.
When you enter a map which is configured to be on another server, the gameserver is redirecting the game client to the configured game server of this map.

Thanks now I am starting to understand. Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Reaction score
i think a *real* clustering would be a waste of money.
I mean, a windows cluster server that switches when either of the nodes goes down is something you see in bug entrerprises for crucial services (mail, domain controllers for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back