Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Optimizing MU resources usage

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
since there is no reason to reinvent the wheel the better solution is the efficient one
so after quick lookup i seen that MU usages most of CPU power to render objects so the basic idea
is to limit them or even better filter them besides writing such code wont be an issue

does anyone else want to contribute their ideas?

Don't be afraid to ask!
Reaction score
You talk about the clientside or the serverside?

If you remove the useless logging parts from your serverside and make a little bit better code than the old, you can reduce the cpu and ram usage. I am using zteam source, the original gs using 650 mb ram about, my is using about 320 (with 70 online players/GS).

The clientside s1-s6 has normal cpu usage, but if you are playing on a potato it can be problem of course. On a normal c2d or c2q or higher pc you cant get any lag or anything...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You talk about the clientside or the serverside?

If you remove the useless logging parts from your serverside and make a little bit better code than the old, you can reduce the cpu and ram usage. I am using zteam source, the original gs using 650 mb ram about, my is using about 320 (with 70 online players/GS).

The clientside s1-s6 has normal cpu usage, but if you are playing on a potato it can be problem of course. On a normal c2d or c2q or higher pc you cant get any lag or anything...

^ ^ my gs takes 40M ram and 0% cpu but thats not the point i was talking about client running multiple clients would be issue or if there is many players around you

Don't be afraid to ask!
Reaction score
^ ^ my gs takes 40M ram and 0% cpu but thats not the point i was talking about client running multiple clients would be issue or if there is many players around you

Please make a screenshot about your gs and from your task manager.... an avg dataserver eat 8-10 mb ram, so you have an interesting gs... maybe if you removed the full graphic interface... but i dont think.

The lag around you can be cause because of its an opengl based client, you cant change the video ram usage of the opengl.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Reducing the CPU usage will be the custom of the millenium for client side... Im not a coder but can say that with a dual core, you just get fucked.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Please make a screenshot about your gs and from your task manager.... an avg dataserver eat 8-10 mb ram, so you have an interesting gs... maybe if you removed the full graphic interface... but i dont think.

The lag around you can be cause because of its an opengl based client, you cant change the video ram usage of the opengl.

NanoGuy - Optimizing MU resources usage - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

im using dynamic memory allocation on player plus monster have different structure which is also dynamic but i still not finishing clean it all up i believe even lower memory is possbile

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im using dynamic memory allocation on player plus monster have different structure which is also dynamic but i still not finishing clean it all up i believe even lower memory is possbile

I will not trade memory for performance, but it's a personal choice...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the problem with CPU usage is because of the client engine rendering models with many GL calls per vertex.
if you manage to render using VBO you'll have HUGE performance gains.

OOOOOORR,

get better contacts and grab a main.exe source from some weird asian guy and rewrite part of the game to use directx instead, just like they did here:

:p

Last edited:
Back