Question about VPS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    LittleGiant MUnoob is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    476Posts

    Question about VPS

    Question about VPS
    I'm about to order a VPS from OVH. Called them up to ask a few questions and couldn't really get a straight forward answer from them

    Windows 2012 R2 std, is it suitable for server files?


  2. #2
    Banned Mr X is offline
    BannedRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    RussiaLocation
    318Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Yes it is. Also Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

  3. #3
    ImperiaMuCMS CEO jacubb is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    It depends on what server files / sql version you will use.
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.

  4. #4
    LittleGiant MUnoob is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    476Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Sql 2008
    With zteams 802

  5. #5
    ImperiaMuCMS CEO jacubb is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by MUnoob View Post
    Sql 2008
    With zteams 802
    Go for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. But, it will be also working on 2012 R2
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.

  6. #6
    LittleGiant MUnoob is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    476Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by jacubb View Post
    Go for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. But, it will be also working on 2012 R2
    Okay awesome. I don't wanna drop to much money into a server just yet ^_^ so going for a cheap cloud one so me and some friends can do test. Then when we launch i'll upgrade

    is this fine?

    OpenStack KVM
    99.99% SLA
    2 vCores
    3.1 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    50 GB
    High Availability NVMe (Ceph)

  7. #7
    ImperiaMuCMS CEO jacubb is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by MUnoob View Post
    Okay awesome. I don't wanna drop to much money into a server just yet ^_^ so going for a cheap cloud one so me and some friends can do test. Then when we launch i'll upgrade

    is this fine?

    OpenStack KVM
    99.99% SLA
    2 vCores
    3.1 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    50 GB
    High Availability NVMe (Ceph)
    Yes, it's fine for private testing. But if you will want to open it for public, it will be better to get something more powerful But it also depends on number of players what you will have. it will be enough for maybe 50-100 players. So if you have bigger plans, get at least 4 cores, 8 GB RAM and some bigger HDD - 100+GB should be fine
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.

  8. #8
    LittleGiant MUnoob is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    476Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by jacubb View Post
    Yes, it's fine for private testing. But if you will want to open it for public, it will be better to get something more powerful But it also depends on number of players what you will have. it will be enough for maybe 50-100 players. So if you have bigger plans, get at least 4 cores, 8 GB RAM and some bigger HDD - 100+GB should be fine
    Thanks for the help Jacubb :) really appreciate it. Yes there is only going to be about 10-20 testers before i decide to upgrade ^_^
    I want server stable before launch :D

  9. #9
    ImperiaMuCMS CEO jacubb is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by MUnoob View Post
    Thanks for the help Jacubb :) really appreciate it. Yes there is only going to be about 10-20 testers before i decide to upgrade ^_^
    I want server stable before launch :D
    So then you will be fine You are welcome.
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.

  10. #10
    Banned Mr X is offline
    BannedRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    RussiaLocation
    318Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by MUnoob View Post
    Thanks for the help Jacubb :) really appreciate it. Yes there is only going to be about 10-20 testers before i decide to upgrade ^_^
    I want server stable before launch :D
    Basically if you looking to get famous and avoid down time i suggest you get a dedicated server cause VPS from ovh goes down by DDos attacks as hell.

  11. #11
    LittleGiant MUnoob is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    476Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    How do u install net frameworks and SQL on these servers.. Doesn't let me

  12. #12
    ImperiaMuCMS CEO jacubb is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by MUnoob View Post
    How do u install net frameworks and SQL on these servers.. Doesn't let me
    Frameworks should be installed by default, if not, you can install them via Server Manager or how it's called. MSSQL you can install normally like any other software.
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.

  13. #13
    LittleGiant MUnoob is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    476Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by jacubb View Post
    Frameworks should be installed by default, if not, you can install them via Server Manager or how it's called. MSSQL you can install normally like any other software.
    Yeah got it working ^_^ server is up and running without any problems.

    Just need to figure out web

  14. #14
    Hardcore Member Bryan2015 is offline
    MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    UK-DerbyLocation
    136Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Hi , if this open was make about this info i wanna too ask something
    I just buy VPS Server - Windows 2008 x64 and now i wait until they finish and wait to received e-mail with information about connection , i have few question .

    1). How i can connect to the server ? with remote desktop connection ?
    2). When server is ready to use what programs i need to install i mean after i install SQL Server need to install something else?
    3). I have 1 ip lets say 12.12.12.12 , with this ip i set in muserver and can I redirect to domain ?
    4). Know anyone some domain ? I found only for 1 year but i dont wanna buy for 1 year ..... 1 month because im not good in this and for start is perfect 1 month payment .

  15. #15
    ImperiaMuCMS CEO jacubb is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

    Re: Question about VPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2015 View Post
    1). How i can connect to the server ? with remote desktop connection ?
    2). When server is ready to use what programs i need to install i mean after i install SQL Server need to install something else?
    3). I have 1 ip lets say 12.12.12.12 , with this ip i set in muserver and can I redirect to domain ?
    4). Know anyone some domain ? I found only for 1 year but i dont wanna buy for 1 year ..... 1 month because im not good in this and for start is perfect 1 month payment .
    1. Yes, use remote desktop.
    2. Things like .NET Frameworks and Visual C++ packages are usually pre-installed on Windows Server platforms, so you will have to install stuff like text editor for editing server files and maybe some webserver if you will want to host website on the same machine.
    3. Yes, it will be your global IP so you must use it in server files configs everywhere, where should be global IP (ConnectServer and game client). If you will host on this machine your website, you will have to redirect your domain to this IP too.
    4. You can buy domain only for 1 year or longer. You can buy com domain for ~5-10 USD, it's not a big deal.
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advertisement