MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    UK-DerbyLocation
    136Posts

Re: Question about VPS

Question about VPS
    Quote Originally Posted by jacubb View Post
    1. Yes, use remote desktop.
    2. Things like .NET Frameworks and Visual C++ packages are usually pre-installed on Windows Server platforms, so you will have to install stuff like text editor for editing server files and maybe some webserver if you will want to host website on the same machine.
    3. Yes, it will be your global IP so you must use it in server files configs everywhere, where should be global IP (ConnectServer and game client). If you will host on this machine your website, you will have to redirect your domain to this IP too.
    4. You can buy domain only for 1 year or longer. You can buy com domain for ~5-10 USD, it's not a big deal.
    Thanks ,

1). About the firewall should i set On or offline firewall from the windows ?

2). I use zteam season8 ep.2 wich port i need to block ? from what i know they have diferent port but i dont know wich port i need to block and wich one i need to allowed .

3). LoL , how to download SQL Server ? is to big , i just copy muserver file from my pc to vps and have 14mb and takes 32 minutes :|
    Last edited by Bryan2015; 23-11-15 at 07:42 PM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    SlovakiaLocation
    1,540Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2015 View Post
    Thanks ,

1). About the firewall should i set On or offline firewall from the windows ?

2). I use zteam season8 ep.2 wich port i need to block ? from what i know they have diferent port but i dont know wich port i need to block and wich one i need to allowed .

3). LoL , how to download SQL Server ? is to big , i just copy muserver file from my pc to vps and have 14mb and takes 32 minutes :|
    1. Keep Windows Firewall enabled.
    2. You need to block DataServers and allow ConnectServer and GameServers.
    3. Download of Express edition is available directly on Microsoft's website.
    MU Online - coding custom modules and templates for MUCore, WebEngine and other website engines.

MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    83Posts

How do i change my ip numbers on my vps to domain name ? 5.21.2342=blablabla.com ?
    do i just buy domain ? on any website
    i have try no-ip and it dosnt work so i am not sure if i buy domain will it work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Benczek View Post
    How do i change my ip numbers on my vps to domain name ? 5.21.2342=blablabla.com ?
    do i just buy domain ? on any website
    i have try no-ip and it dosnt work so i am not sure if i buy domain will it work ?
    After you buy a domain, you need to park it to your host (host ip)
    i do that mostly with cloudflare ;)

register at cloudflare free/ add domain xxxxx.com then u will get some nameservers 1 and 2
    go to your site where you bought your domain from and select the domain you bought, set nameservers - and use the nameservers you got from cloudflare, then go next steps in cloudflare and put the ip's of the server in the cloudflare domain settings and wait abit and it should work.

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    UK-DerbyLocation
    136Posts

Thanks @KarLi
    Last edited by Bryan2015; 25-11-15 at 08:21 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    194Posts

Green vps. I got vps from them.
    Win 2012 sql 2008 r2 perfect :)
    16 ram

- - - Updated - - -

If you need help with add your domain tocloudflare i will help you

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    110Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacubb View Post
    1. Yes, use remote desktop.
    2. Things like .NET Frameworks and Visual C++ packages are usually pre-installed on Windows Server platforms, so you will have to install stuff like text editor for editing server files and maybe some webserver if you will want to host website on the same machine.
    3. Yes, it will be your global IP so you must use it in server files configs everywhere, where should be global IP (ConnectServer and game client). If you will host on this machine your website, you will have to redirect your domain to this IP too.
    4. You can buy domain only for 1 year or longer. You can buy com domain for ~5-10 USD, it's not a big deal.

Can you tell me any good VPS site. I need to buy but i can`t find a good one.

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    3,005Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hell S Ing View Post
    Can you tell me any good VPS site. I need to buy but i can`t find a good one.
    You obv didn't search i posted this like 15 times. I'm currently using my friend VPS hosting and its actually really good i recommend it a lot. He uses VMware not KVM I'm currently using a dedicated server and im really impressed so far: https://lghost.co.uk/ go there. they come with good anti ddos and good specs.

But here are the other ones.
    These are good. But it depends on your budget there is many sites that i recommend for you depending on your budget. If your going cheap use VPS if you have a high budget use dedicated servers. I have a few sites you can use. provided by many members over the last few months. Since i only use the first 3 i really recommend those [OVH] [GreenCloud] [PhotonVPS] are good in my opinion. But those are the only one i used out of that list.

Webhosting, Cloud en Dedicated Servers- OVH
    GreenCloudVPS | Premium SSD and Windows VPS
    VPS Hosting Starting at $5.95
    Portal Home - SovaHost Advanced WebHosting Solutions
    Windows VPS, Linux VPS, VPS Hosting, Cheap RDP, Cloud VPS, Forex VPS - VPS Mart
    https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/
    https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/
    https://www.transip.eu/vps/
    https://blazingfast.io/
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/index.xml
    https://www.soyoustart.com/us/
    https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/hosting/

Also some extra information make sure you get something with anti ddos protection if you decide to get greencloud vps get seo tools 1 or better or get high ram vps they come with anti ddos.

If i remember correctly ovh and photonvps no matter what vps you buy comes with anti ddos.

Make sure you get Windows OS as well. With at least around 2-6 GB ram. Depending on what season you running.

Have Fun,
    Last edited by KarLi; 22-05-20 at 03:40 PM. Reason: bee2host replaced with sovahost

I recomand to you ass well the VDS Systems of Dedicated Servers, WebHost -Ā 99.99% Uptime ! you'll find there a lovley hard workers team ! Good Programers and Best MUONLINE Customers + AntiCheat !

MemberRank
    May 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

You may also use the VPS provided by 99RDP starting from $5.99 per month. It comes with a dedicated IP and full admin access with the latest WindowsOS options and is one of the cheapest VPS in the world. You can use different types of RDP for streaming, encoding, streaming etc. with full control. You can pay via a lot of modes of payment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 99RDP View Post
    You may also use the VPS provided by 99RDP starting from $5.99 per month. It comes with a dedicated IP and full admin access with the latest WindowsOS options and is one of the cheapest VPS in the world. You can use different types of RDP for streaming, encoding, streaming etc. with full control. You can pay via a lot of modes of payment as well.
    this seems fake, i checked the website, and it has same details of this website: https://amazingrdp.com/

Please dont touch 99RDP.COM its a scam or re-seller ..the real company of that site its amazingrdp.com

use at your own risk.

MemberRank
    Nov 2019 Join Date
    25Posts

Is OVH the best choice for server, i was looking for reviews Last night and i found very clients complaining about theyre support, VPS Down issues and e. T. C. Sorry for asking in this thread bu im about to order VPS from them soon and i need to be sure that they are reliable...

OVH has bad support, if they are professional and all of this, i dont know. But their support is r.i.p

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2005 Join Date
    HellasLocation
    1,359Posts

I dont understand guys what you even talking about, everyone says ovh have a bad support, heh?
    Players use to spam nosense on Support tickets and i mean ANY random "problem" and thats why its that way, takes longer.

i am 10 months around on OVH, ovh guys (i have nothing to win by advertise them).. its the TOP tier Hosting Company and thats well known.
    You need good machine? just buy a decent dedicated and you are absolutely FINE.

One time i had a serious issue for me, was not even serious afterall, i CALLED them on the company phone and they give me detailed informations about everything i asked for.. included my problem.
    Nowdays people pay people for files, for settings, for every simple task.. (i was doing the same i dont try to be mean) and they have no idea even that they can make a call... ofc a phone call over a 1.000.000.000 random tickets is faster and more professional.
    Last edited by Dope Boy One; 18-09-20 at 11:53 PM.

Well i hope nothing happens one day that ovh has to delay long to support whoever is using it because thats the bad feedback i hear from my people who use/used ovh and waiting for days for something critical. If you have good experience thats pro, but not everyone does the same thing with their servers.

I agree over the 'phone call' for sure, if thats their fastest support way and people choose ticket its their problem ofcourse too =]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement