Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rewrite MU Online for tablet and smart phone

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Few month ago, i was started project MU Online for tablet and smart phone. The project went pretty smoothly. But, I fear copyright problems. So, thie project was stopped. This Engine will continue to be used for other projects safer. If I continue this project, copyright issues ominous? or any other way to overcome this problem ?

Some Video:

This write on Direct 11.1

Reaction score
Of course you are violating the copyright of Webzen, if you distribute parts of their client(models, textures, etc...) with your own game. You could ask Webzen for permission :laugh:

However, nice project.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
...this could become big thing if you used it for your own server or if you would let it spread here freely (assuming you don't want to continue to use it for muonline anymore)

however i can see two obvious problems with it

1.webzen might sue you, although they dont have a history of suing private server and their devs, so its kind of try and see.
or you could mail their US. office and get hired by them to continue to developing your software for them, whatever suits you.

2.security problems, modern clients are heavy as hell, mobile connections today still aren't at level suitable for playing mmogames due to high ping and having two different clients(one heavily secured and one with just what you could run on phones) allowed for server would be a pain in the butt and cause all kinds of trouble like hacking and using the lesser secure client on pc's too.

anyway whatever you do i wish that you don't abandon your project like you said you would.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Because, current engine mu1 very slow, can't run on other os. We need optimze for perfomance, touch, small screen and big screen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh my.. awesome project. Just keep doing it. IMO if webzen haven't sued anyone of private servers hosters, then they wouldn't do anything about you.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
They can't do anything dude.
The client will be used by alot of people they will have to accuse everyone using it for copyrights, which will never happen.
Keep going on with the project it's awesome.

Reaction score
Sure they can , maybe the can't do for private servers since there are 10000000000000000

but something new that they already started might cause for them an issue , its like your stealing their "ideas" and rewriting them so they loose money about that.

if i was you i would just contact them slowly and clear out everything.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sure they can , maybe the can't do for private servers since there are 10000000000000000

but something new that they already started might cause for them an issue , its like your stealing their "ideas" and rewriting them so they loose money about that.

if i was you i would just contact them slowly and clear out everything.

How can someone accuse you for something you don't even have in your computer ?
Webzen has copyrights only on the Client itself, which will be used by the Servers (Official or Private whatever) users.
They will have to take the server's players one by one accusing them for stealing their client?
That is something impossible in my vision, however maybe I'm not right , maybe I'm seeing everything wrong ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make MuX the sample. MU & MuX are not identical the same, and Webzen killed MuX from the beginning. 100% you will have problem about copyright to Webzen, if you keep using Webzen materials. Copyright violation is not serious in your country, but in other countries you will have a big problem - a shortcut to jail.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make MuX the sample. MU & MuX are not identical the same, but Webzen killed MuX from the beginning. 100% you will have problem about copyright to Webzen.

This is best idea. Only one problem, the model of mux is very detailed, difficult suitable for tablets and smart phones. But I will try. Thank you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is best idea. Only one problem, the model of mux is very detailed, difficult suitable for tablets and smart phones. But I will try. Thank you.

Downgrade MuX models, make them fewer polygons. I don't know how to do it, but Rimbros did it before when he converted some models from other high graphic games: LineAge2, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry 4... I think you can handle it, if not you have to find someone help you. MuX Client is not completed, but you can get monsters from other mmo games or map materials. For example, there is a lot of abandoned Chinese MMO, those things could be rich resources for you. Gathering things from different games, but keeping MU storyline would't make you any troubles. That's my opinion. It's also another way to make your own MU. Be creative.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I thinks its better you start new game anyway.. but you use the mu concept would be nice :):

Reaction score
You shouldnt care mauka . You got your own experience and others got their own different experience. .
Whatever comes for mu online comminity its always something plus , this muonline community on ragezone is really dead , everything is almost , bugged , not free , useless , old , and if it something new comes up then it won't be stable .

Normally everyone should work together and make even something better than Webzen stuff , they do for money , can you do something for the whole community?

no one planned that , and i doubt someone will. Lazyness and self seekers everywhere , just to get some FAME and oppurtinity to show that ur somethink better with little more experience u got ,

go start a project and work alll together and make something big and great , u work alone , it takes time , u get in trouble , u cant do nothing alone ... u need more ideas and help , every thread i saw about new project for MU , says: will update soon or release soon and stuff like that , now they are lost without informing us = fail.

Good luck.

Back