Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About separate server and web

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is it recummend to separate the web and server?
Both hosts will be on the same data center

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If your website dont have bad security then its ok, its better then install xampp and run website where have server .. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your website dont have bad security then its ok, its better then install xampp and run website where have server .. :)
Nervermid. There are the same risk. Website on hosting or emulated apache on server side pc, is same sh*it.
Xampp on Server Side is simple website with a biggers security holes than webhosting.

• If you have bad website on webhosting, can be defased, stolen or hacked website.
  • If you have bad website stored on Xampp on Server, can be defased, stolen info/files, deleted database, edit or get unilimited access to server. Why? Cuz xampp was designed for developers not for public use, so if you combine Windows Vulnerabilities with xampp unused things(Enabled or Disabled by default), true recipe for disaster.
  • If you have "Secured" website on webhosting, maybe and just maybe, can be defased.
  • If you have "Secured" website on Xampp Server, can be defased, stolen info/files, deleted database, edit or get unilimited access to server. Why? same reasons that before.
But? whats happening with AntiDoss , bla bla bla? Simple. If datacenter were good structured, have nice reputation and good protection, You don't have to worry 'bout website stability, cuz exist a lot of layers proteccion for simple/lammers users.

My Recomendation: Go and find some website hosting, investigate from hosting layer protections on most used website hosting with MSSQL Support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nervermid. There are the same risk. Website on hosting or emulated apache on server side pc, is same sh*it.
Xampp on Server Side is simple website with a biggers security holes than webhosting.

• If you have bad website on webhosting, can be defased, stolen or hacked website.
  • If you have bad website stored on Xampp on Server, can be defased, stolen info/files, deleted database, edit or get unilimited access to server. Why? Cuz xampp was designed for developers not for public use, so if you combine Windows Vulnerabilities with xampp unused things(Enabled or Disabled by default), true recipe for disaster.
  • If you have "Secured" website on webhosting, maybe and just maybe, can be defased.
  • If you have "Secured" website on Xampp Server, can be defased, stolen info/files, deleted database, edit or get unilimited access to server. Why? same reasons that before.
But? whats happening with AntiDoss , bla bla bla? Simple. If datacenter were good structured, have nice reputation and good protection, You don't have to worry 'bout website stability, cuz exist a lot of layers proteccion for simple/lammers users.

My Recomendation: Go and find some website hosting, investigate from hosting layer protections on most used website hosting with MSSQL Support.

Hi and thanks for reply,
I know that xampp is not that goos for live servers

My plan is to host website on lghost which provide level 7 anti ddos protection and to build the web on iis
And the server will also be on lghost

Is this way better than host them on single host?

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for reply,
I know that xampp is not that goos for live servers

My plan is to host website on lghost which provide level 7 anti ddos protection and to build the web on iis
And the server will also be on lghost

Is this way better than host them on single host?

If your servers will have two NICs (internal LAN and external) then it makes sense to separate the servers.
However if you have only one NIC that just gives your server straight access to the internet, I would not recommend splitting the two.

Reaction score
If your servers will have two NICs (internal LAN and external) then it makes sense to separate the servers.
However if you have only one NIC that just gives your server straight access to the internet, I would not recommend splitting the two.

Dude welcome back haha, i completely agree! also if the host is weak with the ddos protection etc then is always better to have web seperated too.
DaRKav dude off topic question here, for your release 97Y files/client how do u fix the exp bar in main.exe ? that would be awesome to hear from ya.

Cheers!

Back