Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Most Stable Server Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone recommend me the best stable files 97D ? /I prefer without any customs items.
I want to know all about this version could you tell me something ? Map...event... and etc.

Thanks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Mr Karli Can u recomment me Link for Mu server Files Online i would like to establish Mu Online thanks

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Fenris Project
probably the best available

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
zTeam source (S6.3), or Muemu s4, and you can create s3 or something from the s4, from the s6 its little bit harder, but you can make it with some programming knowladge.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A challenge

Why would someone with programming skills .

Creates a gameserver done in Java , without using sql ?

Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Java is not good, too much performance usage.

Without using sql or any database engine it will be the hell. If you mean write everything into txt files or java files, its not cool, its not indexed etc, sql is good, because of the indexing, because you only need to write data, you dont need to handle the data each time, the engine make it automatically.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I say this because , over the years working with sql ... always found it very useful, but nothing practical .

And recently I had opportunity of testing some new games, like Life is Feudal - Sandbox MMORPG, i make some test on a unique server for my tests I got from BITBOX Ltd. And these Russians are very stable servers , they do not need much performace, however all in java .

I believe the future is in java .

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is the release 97d stablest without customs i guess
http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/97d-server-stable-tutorial-1043444/

there's not much to know just whatever 97d provides thats what it is.

Hi, Links do not work...
DROPBOX said:
Restricted Content
This file is no longer available. For additional information contact Dropbox Support.

----

I say this because , over the years working with sql ... always found it very useful, but nothing practical .

And recently I had opportunity of testing some new games, like Life is Feudal - Sandbox MMORPG, i make some test on a unique server for my tests I got from BITBOX Ltd. And these Russians are very stable servers , they do not need much performace, however all in java .

I believe the future is in java .

Do you know what it would take to write correct code in Java? With all optimisation and make it cross-platform. Also all memory cleanups and so on... I believe the same as Java is Python, as it can be pre-compiled, not just compiled automatically by java machine. Also Java is very dependent on any update...

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, Links do not work...

----

Do you know what it would take to write correct code in Java? With all optimisation and make it cross-platform. Also all memory cleanups and so on... I believe the same as Java is Python, as it can be pre-compiled, not just compiled automatically by java machine. Also Java is very dependent on any update...

man that base for java already there is a shared source , simply that someone continue to work

http://forum.ragezone.com/f508/mu-online-client-server-remake-988861/

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
man that base for java already there is a shared source , simply that someone continue to work

http://forum.ragezone.com/f508/mu-online-client-server-remake-988861/

I think it moved to:
Hi again, this was the first thread I created a while ago, http://forum.ragezone.com/f508/mu-online-client-server-remake-988861/

FAQ:

Q: What is this?
A: This is an open source project, it tries to recreate the basic aspect and mechanics used in the original game.

Q: Why is it open source?
A: Why not?

Q: Is it going to be finished some day?
A: I don't know, I'm not going to do it but someone could...

Q: Can i use just the client with the original mu server?
A: since i haven't created a mu before, I decided not to implement the same protocol. i'm kind of familiar with it, I reversed it years ago just for fun, but i have never had a server in my life (Don't even care...),
so the answer is no, you can't.

Q: What can i do with this?
A: Since ALL the dependencies are open source, there is no limit...
Well, just one, your imagination :elefant:.

Q: Got any videos?
A: this was the last one:

Q: Was this the original project?
A: Nope, I had to create a new small and robust graphic engine oriented to directcompute integration for image processing and signal analysis, I used ogre source as base and I built the game using that. But it was bad as hell, performance was quite bad, and I had to create a lot of shaders (DirectX 11 can't use the fixed pipeline so...), and I don't have time to create shaders :/
So, I decided to use Ogre (Directx 9.0c) instead, and, since Ogre has MIT licence, so should the client!
That's why it is open source!

Q: How long did it take?
A: Using the Ogre engine, from august until today, 1 hour a day average.

Q: Why did you make the server in C# and the client in C++?
A: Why not?

Q: Finally, is this an alpha release?
A: not even alpha...

Now, what you want:

and now, what you need:

INSTRUCTIONS, HOW TO BUILD

Step 1, install all .NET Frameworks. (including client profiles) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and (x64)

Step 2, install DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

Step 3, install mysql workbech (Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 and .NET 4 client profile needed, according to oracle)

Step 4, download dependencies, boost and media.

Dependencies:

Boost:

Media:

Step 5, extract dep, boost and media in MuOnline folder. (uncompressed boost is about 3gb)

Step 6, open mysql workbench, open root connection, go to Server->Data Import, and select muonline.sql (located in DataBase folder, Dirac server, this should restore the db, it's quite empty but dirac needs it!.)

Step 7, open Dirac solution (vs 10 or 12/13), build it, open config.ini, in the [DataBaseConfig] section, write your user and password

Step 8, Open MU.sln, select release config, second click in the solution, REBUILD ALL. (could take a few minutes or several hours).
note: you can build also the debug version, but the framerate will be very low.
note2: the default option when rebuilding the solution is to create the precompiler headers, to change that, select "Use precompiler headers" and build again.

Step 9, Now, run dirac server (debug or release, whatever) and then, run MegaProjectNative (run it from vs) and you are done ;)

Requisites: There are no requisites, you can take this code and use it the way you want. However, you should add the OGRE logo, for example, in the credits.

Dolan17 - [Help] Most Stable Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Acknowledgements: Karli, he spent some time on this too

If you have questions:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back