Stop using XAMPP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,687Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Quote Originally Posted by cMu View Post
    I don't know who mess up with your head but xampp is good for running active websites, it's really easy also to config php version and do WHAT EVER I WANT because it's NOT web hosting or something else, and I'm saying it with experience of xampp and web hosting. I didn't have problems with hackers or something else, if your website secure its all good.
    And I'm saying "XAMPP is a pile of shit" with almost a decade of server administration and software development experience. Apache is terrible for modern websites. XAMPP uses Apache. To quote the XAMPP homepage itself: "XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment". You can also do whatever you want, more so than what XAMPP can provide, by building the stack yourself rather than relying on pre-build packages like XAMPP or WAMP.
    Last edited by NoBrain; 16-08-17 at 03:53 PM.

  2. #17
    Retired maritnmine is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,093Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    And I'm saying "XAMPP is a pile of shit" with almost a decade of server administration and software development experience. Apache is terrible for modern websites. XAMPP uses Apache. To quote the XAMPP homepage itself: "XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment". You can also do whatever you want, more so than what XAMPP can provide, by building the stack yourself rather than relying on pre-build packages like XAMPP or WAMP.
    The better argument is that XAMPP is not meant for production environment. Period. You can argue as much as you want how secure your setup is, but XAMPP is still not meant for production environment because of security reasons. Is anyone preventing you from doing this? No, it is a free world, you can do whatever you want. Should you do it? No. You are free to put up whatever stack you want. Knowing that you *knowingly* goes against pretty clear security advice from the XAMPP developers themselves gives me the impression that you 1) don't have a good understanding of computer security in general 2) lack the skills to administrate a very basic LAMP stack despite the fact there are dozen of step-by-step tutorials on how to do this. In other words, I will gladly stay away from your websites :)

    To put things in perspective: Can you host your website on a Windows XP host machine? This is entirely possible, nobody is preventing you from doing this. Should you do it? No. Just because you can do something, doesn't prevent you from doing it.

    Another thing is, why does nobody mention Docker in this thread? :)

  3. #18
    The Supreme King Masteru is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    964Posts

    wink Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    And I'm saying "XAMPP is a pile of shit" with almost a decade of server administration and software development experience. Apache is terrible for modern websites. XAMPP uses Apache. To quote the XAMPP homepage itself: "XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment". You can also do whatever you want, more so than what XAMPP can provide, by building the stack yourself rather than relying on pre-build packages like XAMPP or WAMP.
    How much experience did you say you had ? do not make me laugh xampp is very good and you have no problem with hackers [Stop lying] I know from experience because I used for years

    Modern website from 2017 is terrible for hard install to hard to use and many do not want that

    They want something easy to install and easy to use you do not have to be next Albert Einstein just to use a advanced website
    Last edited by Masteru; 18-08-17 at 11:49 AM.

  4. #19
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,687Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    How much experience did you say you had ? do not make me laugh xampp is very good
    Well since you honestly think that, you and anyone who agrees with you are a lost cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    Modern website from 2017 is terrible for hard install to hard to use and many do not want that
    Difficult for some? Yes. It is entirely worth it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    They want something easy to install and easy to use you do not have to be next Albert Einstein just to use a advanced website
    Then like I have said before, they are setting themselves up for a world of pain in the future.

  5. #20
    The Supreme King Masteru is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    964Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    Well since you honestly think that, you and anyone who agrees with you are a lost cause.
    My Friend you are a lost cause If you do not want to understand what I have said now is true 100%

  6. #21
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,687Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    My Friend you are a lost cause If you do not want to understand what I have said now is true 100%
    You quite literally have to be a moron to use a development environment focused product, XAMPP, in a production environment. On top of that Apache, of all things, Apache. I may as well be talking to a brick wall...

  7. #22
    The Supreme King Masteru is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    964Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    You quite literally have to be a moron to use a development environment focused product, XAMPP, in a production environment. On top of that Apache, of all things, Apache. I may as well be talking to a brick wall...
    That's your opinion about xampp I know what I'm talking about as I said, I used it for years and I had no problems with hackers

    It matters to have secure xampp and good security for website and you have no problems

  8. #23
    Alpha Member DragonSeth is online now
    Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,348Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    I know it hurts the truth but that's life learn to accept
    Then please learn to accept the truth. Yes xampp is good to start with but it's not meant for production environment. You're seriously the biggest troll here on ragezone and should have been banned a long time ago. @NoBrain has pointed out perfect facts. And your stuck in your beginner and free mind state. @NoBrain please stop arguing with him he literally knows nothing he even thinks he can block a Major DDOS attack with free software. He used to do this in the mu online section all the time.

    Back to the point. Xampp is not secure. Apache is terrible. It's great for starting out even though they are better options. But Xampp should not be used at this point of time and really Masteru? bringing back up sql 2000? The only reason you use it cause you can't figure out how to work the new ones begging in the mu online section asking for people to help you figure it out even though they are 1000+ tutorials for it. So please shut up. Your web is not secure. You can be DDOS and hacked easily with XAMPP. but it doesn't matter cause you keep making different servers every month and keep fighting with people saying old software is the best you know they are a reason why new software comes out right? But have fun trolling the community.

    Have a good day.

  9. #24
    Retired maritnmine is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,093Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    xampp is very good and you have no problem with hackers [Stop lying] I know from experience because I used for years
    This statement only proves that you are clueless about security.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    xampp is very good
    This is a subjective opinion, and you are not even bringing up anything to back your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masteru View Post
    you have no problem with hackers [Stop lying] I know from experience because I used for years
    What you are saying is that if you are using XAMPP, you are (based on YOUR experience) guarantee not to have any hackers exploiting your website. Even if there was a security hole in Apache that gets discovered shortly after reading this was discovered, you are saying that you are still protected, and you will not get hacked, based on your experience. Because you used it. For years.

    To go on with this argument about security vs. ease-of-use, this gentleman on StackOverflow states:
    It takes a bit of knowledge and time to configure XAMPP to become secure enough for production use (and this is the reason why people keep telling you not to do it)
    In other words, it is easier to secure a set-up that does not use XAMPP. There are also people here, here, here, and on XAMPP's own website (under "Is XAMPP production ready?") saying very explicitly you should not use XAMPP in production, and if you do, you should probably not be responsible for running a web server in the first place.

  10. #25
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,099Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Saying XAMPP is the best or a good PHP production environment is just the same like saying you believe the earth is flat even though there's so much evidence it is not. Even the creators of the XAMPP are saying in the first few sentences of the website it's a development environment:



    XAMPP may be really good for development purposes, but if you decide to host your website on a production environment (live), you shouldn't even be thinking about XAMPP. It's not secure, it's not light weighted, it does not do what has to be done on a production environment. People claiming they haven't had any security issues with XAMPP are usually sites which (with no offense) no one really cares about.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  11. #26
    The Supreme King Masteru is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    964Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSeth View Post
    Then please learn to accept the truth. Yes xampp is good to start with but it's not meant for production environment. You're seriously the biggest troll here on ragezone and should have been banned a long time ago. @NoBrain has pointed out perfect facts. And your stuck in your beginner and free mind state. @NoBrain please stop arguing with him he literally knows nothing he even thinks he can block a Major DDOS attack with free software. He used to do this in the mu online section all the time.

    Back to the point. Xampp is not secure. Apache is terrible. It's great for starting out even though they are better options. But Xampp should not be used at this point of time and really Masteru? bringing back up sql 2000? The only reason you use it cause you can't figure out how to work the new ones begging in the mu online section asking for people to help you figure it out even though they are 1000+ tutorials for it. So please shut up. Your web is not secure. You can be DDOS and hacked easily with XAMPP. but it doesn't matter cause you keep making different servers every month.

    Have a good day.
    I was sure this guy again what you said ? block big DDOS attack with free software I never said that I said you can reduce the attack but it does not mean you can stop it

    the biggest troll I am ? do not make me laugh maybe you are especially how you cry and bring old messages that are unrelated to the topic

    In my opinion you should have banned long ago especially how you attack the users when they do not know something

    It is not a shame to ask for help If you do not get it maybe in your mind it's a shame this is your problem

  12. #27
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,099Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Let's not get personal or cause any more drama. In that case a lock will be set on this thread reaaaaally fast.

    You're free to share your opinion and discuss the opinion, but do not start to attack people personally.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  13. #28
    (づ。◕‿‿◕。) natzugen is offline
    Gold SubscriberRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    ColombiaLocation
    1,666Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Everything about xampp security and xampp not being recommended for production enviroments its even posted in their FAQ, just take a minute to read it all before using it for production.



    PS: Anyone who wants to argue with masteru dont waste your time, the guy its pretty much a lost cause when it comes to old stuff and insecure software.

  14. #29
    Hardcore Member cMu is online now
    MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    124Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by natzugen View Post
    Everything about xampp security and xampp not being recommended for production enviroments its even posted in their FAQ, just take a minute to read it all before using it for production.



    PS: Anyone who wants to argue with masteru dont waste your time, the guy its pretty much a lost cause when it comes to old stuff and insecure software.
    MySQL is not useable in MuOnline
    axtually I remove all FileZilla staff and FTP so if you know what to leave it's pretty good, maybe you say it's for development only but it's good for actually site, there is no hackers problems with xampp (at list in my).

  15. #30
    The Supreme King Masteru is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    964Posts

    Re: Stop using XAMPP

    Quote Originally Posted by cMu View Post
    MySQL is not useable in MuOnline
    axtually I remove all FileZilla staff and FTP so if you know what to leave it's pretty good, maybe you say it's for development only but it's good for actually site, there is no hackers problems with xampp (at list in my).
    Very correct what you said now when i install my xampp i select only apache I do not need anything else then i just delete from xampp phpMyAdmin and do other security that I need to secure my xampp

    Then you just check with localhost/security/index.php



    Second protection secure your localhost/security/index.php

    Last edited by Masteru; 23-08-17 at 09:39 AM.




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement