Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thoughs on Creating a Server some help could be useful

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there fellow reader,

I was trying to find a proper server that provides you with all those things that were fun back during 2000.
Ideally I wanted a server running on a version not newer than 2, max level 1000 minimum level to reset 930 etc etc. Unlimited resets and around 300x xp.

Since I can't find one and I think there would be a lot of people interested in a server that maximizes fun and makes it difficult to reach max stats or whatever, I am up for the quest of building a server.

I had a successful server back in 2004 that ran for about 1.5 years with over 2k people online.
The game declined though, cause people were picking up wow or whatever else and the game was old around 2005-2006. I was also getting into Uni and I didn't have enough time to manage the server, so I gave it away, I think the server went for about another 5 months but the person that was managing it failed to deliver on expectations and shut it down. Server was named (E-global) for some people that might remember.

Well time is here again, but this time I see that the actual population of Mu Online is way down. Although as a mature man non-Uni or schoolkid anymore I'd like to create a server such as and see where it goes.
I got the resources (Dedicated servers etc), I myself am working as a professional brogrammer for a massive corp which i wont mention. Apart from that I've been through the whole development lifecycle meaning I am familiar with linux, windows, low level programming, databases, iptables, firewalls etc etc.
I haven't been around mu development in a long time .... 9 years pretty much so I am sure loads of things changed, a lot of reverse engineering went on and on... well I am picking up as we speak and it wont really take me longer than 2 weeks to figure out the best Emu to use, configs, firewalls, figure out the anticheat systems, fix some bugs etc.

Thing is I'd like someone that shares the same passion with me on building and managing a server. I can't do everything on my own... not anymore as a person that has a real life job as well.

Note: The server will be free of charge and there will be no Donations or any of that staff on it, as I got a non-compete contract anyways that doesn't allow me to have extra income from anything, not even if its for "server purposes"

So ye if you are up for it and think u got what it takes (i do not request u to know much stuff, maybe u can learn from me and absorb programming, maybe u can be more a managerial guy) let me know on a PM here.

I'd be glad to hear that there are people around here that share the same passion and are ready for it.

(Notice that if you are up for an oldschool server without resets, I'd also consider of that)

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Hey there,
Welcome back mate.

If you haven't researched the new releases and developement about server files between 97d and season 2 then you should do it.
Although for me Season 2 is always the best and most stable version.

I am having already a season 2 old school server with no resets which is kind of fun style with 1k exp which makes the people
get fast their builds done and make good characters for PvP , even boxes in shop etc, so its like a test server for people
who play other s2 servers with hard drop rates and low exp =)
Already tried season 2 with 3x and 15x but most people are really lazy and without active admin team and gm staff people might run
quickly away from boredom or lazyness.

Now about 1000 Level there are files where u can configure maximum level which is bugged, so since you have experience on
programming you could re-compile the sources and fix that.
But the rest you've said are all possible except that max level thing which depends on which season.
Not sure about antihacks that you might know, but UGK game guard was and will be always the best one for me as premium lifetime licensed protection for any MU Server.

PM me if you like and i could give you more tips/links or something about your requirements or even run your server.
I currently manage few servers by my MUServices custommers and i dont think it would be hard to give you a hand to manage yours.

Good luck =)
KarLi*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Karli, I've added you.

Yes I am looking for open source, not a repack. On the other hand I think I figured out the stuff about the anti-hack I am probably going to use a custom anti-hack system that has worked for me in the past, read about UGK seems good, I might give it a try but I could give you more info regarding the custom one on a private discussion as I don't want to give all away at once.

Also my goal is that any open source coding done on my server to remain open source so whichever emulator I pull I a going to share it on github for anyone to use. I might do the same with the anti-hack but the problem with it is that you have to understand any legal implications of scanning registries which I guess most of people on mu-emulation wouldn't understand from the things I've seen out there...

But ye other than that, sounds cool, and yes I do need someone that could help with the management, that's the whole purpose of it, TBH I don't really mind if people find ways to use any autoclickers or they would find ways to dupe stuff or whatever...(I did that when I was playing on private servers as everyone did...) All those things were working back then and we still had a lot of fun. Its supposed to be a server that makes people feel happy.

Key to success is I think that I am in for the fun and the enjoyment and not money, like most of people are. I am willing to spend money on it as well.

Btw regarding servers etc... ok running on Linux would be very very very hard, cause I'll need to convert and translate it so it runs on WINE.
So I already bought a machine: I7 3.5, 32gb ram, 240gb SSD - 1T hard, 1gbps bandwith, 10 gbps net con, 45 failover ip's, backup cloud server Win Server 2008 r2, 2008 SQL, Firewall: Cisco ASA 5585-X.
I am prolly not gonna use all of it, cause I guess mu doesn't need that much of resources to run at but from what I read some people are having problems running in win server 2008, is that true? I don't rly wanna get into trouble with windows configs that could take weeks to figure out... <: (Saying that cause ive been there before and its been a pain :))

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi sir Feroza, i would like to help you in your server :)

Back