Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Website Settings

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the best choise to make website configs/settings

Options:

1. xml files (like most of the cms uses)
2. config.php or something.php
3. file names like configs.cache, rankings.WEB etc
4. Anything else

What will be faster and better performance also secure.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
env, xml, php they are all fine. For security disable the directory browse or use htaccess to denied visitors

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the security is not about the file names, its about your coding knowledge.

The code always will contain bugs, but after you or your users detect it you can fix them all.

Btw for config files you can use the XML because its easy to use and fast. (easy to code this feature) !! (You dont need to code this because you can get the full feature from webengine :p ) !!

maybe the best if you have a central folder, where everything is in. config.php, includes, etc.. If you make functions you can call them on your website anywhere (public functions ofc), so your code can be nice.

filename is just in the modules are important in my opinion. so rankings.php, login.php, profile.usercp.php, etc.

But in my opinion you dont need to create one more cms system, just download a working and stable, understand the code and recode the most of the features. I have made this too with webengine. I leaved just 1-2 file untouched, most of the files are recoded in arts.

Back