Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ IOCP and Windows SDK Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm currently working in IOCP scenario, so I decided to look over WZ IOCP functions. Works well, some code mistakes, but nothing really bad. The funny part is that I decide to check it out the IOCP samples from Windows SDK. After couple lines I have felt a strange "Déjà vu"...

PGZJE - WZ IOCP and Windows SDK Samples - RaGEZONE Forums

V81Qc - WZ IOCP and Windows SDK Samples - RaGEZONE Forums

Usage of WSDK Samples isn't ugly, but forgot to remove the unreferenced bAddToList arg from UpdateCompletionPort function ? :rofl:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
NN - Nord & Noob
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i cant understand, why need try create a new bike. U got sample and and if dont need nothing more then it is, edit it, add poop to it and job done ;)

Start make money selling wcoins :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant understand, why need try create a new bike. U got sample and and if dont need nothing more then it is, edit it, add poop to it and job done ;)

Start make money selling wcoins :D

Who says that I'm trying to create a new bike ? This is just to show that WZ uses WSDK samples... nothing more ! :argh:

:closed_2:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Btw Young, in that .65 source you have also dataserver src? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WebZen IOCP works pretty fine, it's nice to study ^^

I plan on making my own online game someday in the future, and I'll obviously go on IOCP communication, it's pretty efficient and C++ is by far the best programming languagem (if we exclude ASM, wich is not for normal humans! kkkkkkkk) to achieve good performance.

And yes, WebZen IOCP is a copy-paste from Windows SDK samples kkkkkkkk.

The object (on ObjectStruct) Socket Management is ugly, just to meet the same WinSDK usage, anyway, works fine. ^^

NN - Nord & Noob
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i never checked IOCP, but its must be own thread for each client.
Nothing hard ^_^ BlurCode made a L2 emulator in Delphi and IOCP made with Indy ^_^ from 0 :) thats the skill power

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i never checked IOCP, but its must be own thread for each client.
Nothing hard ^_^ BlurCode made a L2 emulator in Delphi and IOCP made with Indy ^_^ from 0 :) thats the skill power

IOCP isn't easy to implement. Needs advanced knowledge of sockets and multithreading. Also need handle exceptions, resend undelivered packets and reordering messed up packets.

Ps.: Compare Delphi (HiLevel) with C (LowLevel) is something that you never should do.

NN - Nord & Noob
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Even worst either best lib can be a totaly poop and very good ;) all depend on developer ;) if u dont understand code u are fucked anyway

Learn, learn, learn and again learn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back