Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Which xampp is the best for mu online server?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello people, I'd like to ask which xampp is the best for mu online website? I m always using 1.7.1 but I think it's too old, what would you suggest for me?

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
its just like jaccub said but if you have to use it it depends on the cms, if you are gonna use web engine you can use the latest one

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not recommend to use xampp but people that don't want to pay for web host use it.

But the way i always seen it.

xampp 1.7.1- Meant For Season 6 Episode 3 Below.
xampp 1.7.7- Meant For Ex700 And Higher.

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not recommend to use xampp but people that don't want to pay for web host use it.

But the way i always seen it.

xampp 1.7.1- Meant For Season 6 Episode 3 Below.
xampp 1.7.7- Meant For Ex700 And Higher.

It has really nothing to do with server version, it depends on the website what you are using.

Dode If you are not able to handle IIS or rent a webhosting, I would recommend you to use 1.7.7 for MUCore and 5.6.28 (newer XAMPP has versioning based on their PHP version) for websites like ImperiaMuCMS, DMNCMS, WebEngine.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In addition to what jacubb is saying, if you plan on interfacing with SQLServer at all you'll need to download sqlsrv drivers for PHP 5.6+.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Any version of PHP will work, the main difference is versions below 5.6 used mssql functions to connect to SQLServer, but from 5.6 onward they changed to using sqlsrv drivers to provide the functions, which need a separate download from Microsoft.

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Isnt php 5.4 the working one ?

Again it depends on the CMS what is used. As I stated before, for MUCore you need PHP 5.3, it's not working well on newer versions. But all new CMSs are working fine on PHP 5.6.

Any version of PHP will work, the main difference is versions below 5.6 used mssql functions to connect to SQLServer, but from 5.6 onward they changed to using sqlsrv drivers to provide the functions, which need a separate download from Microsoft.

MSSQL extension is still available in PHP 5.6, it was removed in PHP 7.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was removed in PHP7, but it was deprecated for 5.6+ from memory. Either way, doesn't really matter as it's off-topic :).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's not a problem for me to buy web hosting, but I still need to find out how that works and how to connect that with server and database, thank you for suggestions, and especialy jacubb, if xampp is really not so good, then so be it :)
so in that case I have another question, can you link me best website hosting? Can someone tell me at least main things how it works with server and database I didn't find any guide or information about that, only how to install website in xampp -.-? P.S I use SQL 2008, S8 MUEMU, but planing soon buy IGCN S9

Last edited:
ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not a problem for me to buy web hosting, but I still need to find out how that works and how to connect that with server and database, thank you for suggestions, and especialy jacubb, if xampp is really not so good, then so be it :)
so in that case I have another question, can you link me best website hosting? Can someone tell me at least main things how it works with server and database I didn't find any guide or information about that, only how to install website in xampp -.-? P.S I use SQL 2008, S8 MUEMU, but planing soon buy IGCN S9

Just a friendly advice, do not buy IGCN S9 from MuEMU. If you want IGCN files, for to their official store or you can buy a license from another customer, so you will save some bucks.

All you have to do is to remotely connect to your database, that's all. So in website config you will enter your host's IP and name of the SQL instance. Also you will have to allow IP of your webhost on port 1433 (or different if you are using custom MSSQL port) in firewall. And don't forget to block that port for all other IPs.

Reaction score
To remotely connect to your DB your webhosting provider needs to have MSSQL Extension .. and some webservers dont have that, so before purchasing ask for that or findout from other user web recommendation that has that extension, the rest are said by jacubb

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Webhosting is better.
location is also important. If you dont want any ping delays/performance issues rent a webhost at same datacenter and connect your SQL server remotely.
Most of webhosting providers especialy who has never versions of cPanel let you handle required extansions.

Back