Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Zen stopped having value on MUOnline servers?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Last week i was wondering, with the over the years, why Zen stopped having value on MUOnline servers? I think that one of the reasons of that, was the boom of 99999x servers where the only thing what you can do ingame is PvP, and nothing more.

I am sure that there are people who have ever played GMO server, and knows what i am talking about. The felling of warp your character to Lorencia, Davias, Noria, for example, and see that people's personal shops sell jewels and more items by Zen is amazing.

So the question is: What things have you did or are you doing to recover Zen's value on your MUOnline server?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you mean private servers? Cause in mine, zen is the most valuable thing you can have. 200x - 10 years old DB

Yup, i meant to private svs. And why zen is the most valuable item in your server? I suppose that warp character from a map to another must be expensive, but what more things can you do if you have a full zen, without buying items on personal shops?

Reaction score
Not at all. We don't have a personal shop.

Zen is used to trade ingame items, from user to user. Warp is "expensive", 500.000.

We charge a lot of zen to create guilds, a % of the total of zen in DB (Includes webbank, vaults and characters. So if people accumulate zen, they get guild creation cost a lot higer. This allows us to have very little guilds and make zen important.

PK clear is expensive, a lot. But we make people love pk so much! So you'll always need your zen to pk clear!

Reset is expensive and the cost it's not the same when you have 10 rr and 300rr. Why pay the same when you are rich?

We've also changed the way zen is traded, people can safely trade 64+ kkk zen in per trade.

And 30+ changes in the way the game works.

Problem is not zen, problem are the lack of ideas server owners have.

Play your own server, a real account, pay for your own vip subscription (even if it's silly to take 5usd out of your pocket for it, save them) and after a year you'll see if your vip subs is worth it, if you wouldn't pay for it, why would players?

Like EA always said: it's in the game!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't see the co-relation between the zen issue to the 9999x server lol

I mean, logically why play a 9999x server if you're asking for a server with a rate that makes people desperate for an apple.

Reaction score
when i was LastLand admin zen was Always important.
it was needed for EVERYTHING: Chaos Machine, Invites to events, items refining, PKClear (mostly), warping (expensive), guild creation and trading low level stuff.
It was a s1,2,3 server so it had personal shop (and zen is needed for that).
we didn't have resets.
Just configure the server accordingly and create the need for zen.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In my opinion zen should be in the first place no metter what exp server has, the problem is that most server files does not have feature to change amount of zen dropped and it changes with server exp, in 9999x servers zen also should be value... Most MMO games money has value no matter what is server rates...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not at all. We don't have a personal shop.

Zen is used to trade ingame items, from user to user. Warp is "expensive", 500.000.

We charge a lot of zen to create guilds, a % of the total of zen in DB (Includes webbank, vaults and characters. So if people accumulate zen, they get guild creation cost a lot higer. This allows us to have very little guilds and make zen important.

PK clear is expensive, a lot. But we make people love pk so much! So you'll always need your zen to pk clear!

Reset is expensive and the cost it's not the same when you have 10 rr and 300rr. Why pay the same when you are rich?

We've also changed the way zen is traded, people can safely trade 64+ kkk zen in per trade.

And 30+ changes in the way the game works.

Problem is not zen, problem are the lack of ideas server owners have.

Play your own server, a real account, pay for your own vip subscription (even if it's silly to take 5usd out of your pocket for it, save them) and after a year you'll see if your vip subs is worth it, if you wouldn't pay for it, why would players?

Like EA always said: it's in the game!
What server is it? I really need to see it for believe :)

Reaction score
Uhm, so can someone teach me how to configure zen in every aspect of my server from shops, goblin mixes, even rewards, drops and everything, i am really planning to have zen as the most valuable drop in my server equal to bless , souls and other gems/jewels. tnx in advance.

Reaction score
@nofeara
well depends on your files too.
for shops u can do it in the shop.txt file config on the values

8 1 4 26 1 1 0 //Dragon Armor+4+Skill+Luck
11 1 4 26 1 1 0 //Dragon Boots+4+Skill+Luck
10 1 4 26 1 1 0 //Dragon Gloves+4+Skill+Luck
7 1 4 26 1 1 0 //Dragon Helm+4+Skill+Luck
9 1 4 26 1 1 0 //Dragon Pants+4+Skill+Luck

the 26 is the durability and price i guess?
also on drops you can just set the zen drop from mobs normal or depends on your files you can make it custom to drop on each map.
the rest are just configs

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In my opinios zen should be the only real money in the game and with value. It makes you think how to earn zen in yoyr own way. Grind for items and trade them, do quests for zen, hunt bosses. There is no point to make server where game money is useless...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In my server zen is the currency used by everyone,
and it's not a low rate server (250x).
The zen rate is set to 1x tho, and a bunch of items were reduced in price,
then I raised the limit on personal shops to 999.999.999 instead of 99.999.999,
reset has a big zen price. So people always need zen.
They use zen as currency because they need zen, as simple as that :)

Back