Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Codex.dll detected by Antivirus !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi

I'm using this codex dll v5 to protect my MainExe,
the problem is, the dll gets detected by antivirus ( )

what is the cause of the antivirus detect in the source?,

please help ..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
probably because its packed ? with themida or something
Sorry, could you be more clear?
you mean if the dll was protected by themida or other apps?, no It's not ...
but packing it with themida made the virustotal go from 17 to 7 which is better but not 100% clean,

But how do I really make this clean ? its just a gameguard ..

please help, thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
If you are 100% sure the file has no virus, so you compiled it yourself pretty much, or just trust the person where you got it from,
You can send the file for analyze to the virus scanner company different locations for each, but use google for that.

Had some of my creations that where seen as virus, i just send it to them and got whitelisted later on. took a while though.

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
^ That's a good tip right there. Also speaking from personal experience, anti cheating algorithms have a tendency to be picked up by anti viruses because they obtain and query things such as process lists, loaded modules and access other applications. So it's not "just a gameguard" but a potentially security critical application. Pretty sure popular anti cheating software is actually whitelisted by a lot of anti viruses.

Upvote 0
ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
I just before release, run it though virustotal, if detected for some unknown reason, send the the file to the company's get them fixed, and then release to public, though for some i never did find a website to upload to.

Upvote 0
Back