Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to create your custom .DLL ? GameServer.exe or Main.exe

Reaction score
Hey there,
i know this is a complex topic, but i feel like its time to learn more deep into muonline development.

So my question:
1. I dont have SOURCE at all in client or server (97D files)
2. i want to create a .DLL in client side and hook it into main.exe (that will run the main.exe with IP / PORT parameters, and not just that but also include the minimizer function in the .dll
problem is i dont know how to start? what are the requirements in sources .cpp .h files to copile and have a working .dll that will be able to run with my main.exe ?

3. i want to make a custom .dll that will change offsets in GameServer.exe as configs.
for example Exc drop rate offset is at 0x813717 i want to make a .dll and hook it into GS, and in GS server there should be a .cfg or .ini file with something like

ExcDrop = 100 ; 1/100
and when that config chnages it does the change in gameserver exc drop rate offsets and i dont have to do it over ollydbg manually

is that even possible?
what functions and all this stuff i need to create a simple custom .DLL that will do such things?
Also is it a must to hook with ollydbg afterwards or can use stud_pe and such apps?

DragonSeth RevolGaming nevS drakelv Booms Kiosani bladeKnight19 Pinkof Gembrid Matias65 abysel Dios Th3AnG3L Crossdev myheart Luis_br martinx09 NanoGuy VeltonD wolfulus FrostCommunity BladeKnight109 cMu Don Marco [KeysS] NSESystems

thank you

Last edited:
IGCN Co-Founder
Reaction score
If you don't have any programming skills or experience at all it will be nearly impossible to start with DLL. It involves many things . Understanding of c++,asm, win32 application runtime logics, reverse engineering and one or more debugging tools like OllyDBG. Most people here just take ready samples of someone else's work and make minor adjustments in code. But if you want to start from scratch you need serious practice and experience.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

If you would like to learn about development for 0.97D i suggest you to get some source code for this version of MU.
When you will have the source code - it will be easier for you to learn programming for 0.97D.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you don't have any programming skills or experience at all it will be nearly impossible to start with DLL. It involves many things . Understanding of c++,asm, win32 application runtime logics, reverse engineering and one or more debugging tools like OllyDBG. Most people here just take ready samples of someone else's work and make minor adjustments in code. But if you want to start from scratch you need serious practice and experience.

maybe not.
i think not hard like you said. i start from zero 3-4 months ago,i leave school when i was 14, no school no teacher only google, even english isn't my mother language.
i known i can't better than you but enought for make a new own customs.
and i think most people here can do that, just embrace his passions.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can sell you my files if you want

ZoXQVM - How to create your custom .DLL ? GameServer.exe or Main.exe - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back