Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] How to choose the right Host/Dedicated

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello

I would like everyone's help if possible, I'm finalizing a MuOnline projectand I'm already starting the search of where to host it, I do not have much knowledgerelated to what fits best in my project, so I'm going to inform some thingsbelow and would like to help me based on the project.

* Remembering that it is a project that aims for growth due to dedication and performance.

Server: Hard
Version: Season 3 Episode 1
Experience: 10x
Muserver: Premium
Anthacker: Premium

Initially only 2 Gameservers (GS and GS-CS).

I'm looking for a host that will perform well enough to keep an average of 100 ~ 300 players online without lag.

Obs: I believe that most of my players will be from my country (Brazil), but the protection here is not desirable, so I give prefence to servers located in the US or Canada, closer to my country so Ping is not much high.

My budget for the host ranges from $ 50usd ~ $ 200usd.

I have many questions regarding which company to hire, Softlayer / Limestone / OVH / LG Host / etc

So I wish anyone who understood the subject could help me.

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LGHost is the best one for this moment, LG-Host Advanced Game VPS - package.
You can use every from this package to runs server smooth.

+full refund if server will be not online or migrated when DDOS came - im sure this will never happen.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
4GB Ram and 3-4 CPU Cores and good internet connection is all u need. (most HOSTS have nowdays ddos protection so dont worry) Ofc enough HDD and windows 2008 or windows 2012... also make sure ur Datacenters are in US if u want everything to be 100% smoooth in brazil connection. (sovahost.net has that option to move datacenter to US after u purchase a host from there and make a ticket to let them know.) 50$ is enough .. i do love Sovahost and LGHost is amazing too. Between those 2 i recommend :) now its about ur taste and choice on what u want.

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Actually I prefer only SovaHost, lgHost have days that don’t have support. (Specially on the days that you really need them).
SovaHost is great option, I’m a client there over year. Fast support also via FaceBook.
also make sure that your server files won’t crash in this amount of online players :)
good luck! :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually I prefer only SovaHost, lgHost have days that don’t have support. (Specially on the days that you really need them).
SovaHost is great option, I’m a client there over year. Fast support also via FaceBook.
also make sure that your server files won’t crash in this amount of online players :)
good luck! :)

Oh then, that could be great team if Sava support will reply me on some questions about MMO private servers and priors about security and migration, oh, but they couldn't. I was looking for good cloud alot of time, but for atleast 2 month i didn't receive ANY reply for my questions.

Im not saying that they're bad or something but please, "lgHost have days that don’t have support. (Specially on the days that you really need them)." this text should be hidden, because latest time, my "customer pack" while legendary DDOS came, was automatically migrated to avoid crash or any offline thing.

From min. 2years i've got reply after 10mins - 2hours, so that's alot of time spend with "cheap" vps.

Upvote 0
Back