Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Connect Server Protocols

Reaction score
Hi, I’m currently working on support for older mu client versions at my open source project. I tested a 0.75 client and it seems that it works with a different connect server protocol than season 6.
I searched a bit but couldn’t figure the right protocol out yet.

In this post there are mentioned three different protocol versions:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/mu-connect-server-v1-0-a-811836/

Does somebody know the difference between them? @MuForum.Info

Thank you very much!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I’m currently working on support for older mu client versions at my open source project. I tested a 0.75 client and it seems that it works with a different connect server protocol than season 6.
I searched a bit but couldn’t figure the right protocol out yet.

In this post there are mentioned three different protocol versions:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/mu-connect-server-v1-0-a-811836/

Does somebody know the difference between them? @MuForum.Info

Thank you very much!
I think the BorTeam connect server source code was released a long time ago, maybe you can find it and do some research, one difference that I remember right now is the get server list request, the subcount attribute is 0x02 or 0x06 and PMSG_SERVERLISTCOUNT response the attribute count change the size from uint8_t (byte) to uint16_t (WORD) maybe ServerCode attr too

Another difference that I think its not important to you is the fact that old muonline versions have only 2 numbers instead of 3 numbers, this change the get update ftp/web response.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, I looked at this source but it doesn’t seem to support multiple protocol versions.
It seems like I’ll have to do some trial and error soon ;)
Yes sure, there are only small changes between the versions, for 0.75 client you can try changing the serverlist request subcode from 0x06 to 0x02 and change count size from uint16_t to uint8_t in the response.

Upvote 0
Back