Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Connecting to the server fails

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok! Hey guys, first of all i want to thank you for all the support, solutions and valuable info that we can find here. But there´s a problem that drives me crazy for like 2-3 days. Ok, the short story sounds like this. Like 5 days ago I´ve decided to open my own MuOnline server, for me, for my friends and for everyone who wants to play, something free, somthing fun. Ok, I have found the perfect files, i found them on a Brazilian server, anyway, all was easy and after like 3 hours, my server was up&running. I have to mention that was my first time creating any server of any kind, i had no idea what i´m doing but it was kind of easy, found a video tutorial and everything goes fine. I connect to the server, editing stuffs inside the game, shops, spots, and everything all alone. Untill one day i had send to one of my friends, the client to check it out, and the biggest surprise for me was that he couldn´t connect to the server. I mean, after game loading, the ¨You have been disconneted from the serve¨message appears to him, like the all server was offline and all of this i was inside the game connected and waiting for my friend. When he told me, i checked this with other laptop mine, connected on the same wi-fi with the same IP and was the same thing as my friend, i couldn´t connect.

My question is, i can do something to fix this? Is there any possibility to make it happen? I mention that is a Season 5.5 server and i´am such a noob with this things, but i really want so bad to make this server works, so please, someone help me with a step by step tutorial to make my server working for everyone. Thank you very much.

P.S. : Sorry if i posted this thread on the wrong side of the forum.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't wanna explain it again,
so I'll give you these Explaination #1 Explaination#2

First of all thank you very much for those tutorials. But i hve tryed it and nothing, it doesn´t work, or at least i didn´t do it right. I made a screen shot with the ports i need to open and they are all in red and in Port Sanners it says that they are Timed Out. What should i do ?

mcSeth - [Help] Connecting to the server fails - RaGEZONE Forums
<-- the screenshot with ports in red

Edit:

these are the ports i use to ConnectServer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
First of all thank you very much for those tutorials. But i hve tryed it and nothing, it doesn´t work, or at least i didn´t do it right. I made a screen shot with the ports i need to open and they are all in red and in Port Sanners it says that they are Timed Out. What should i do ?

mcSeth - [Help] Connecting to the server fails - RaGEZONE Forums
<-- the screenshot with ports in red

Edit:

these are the ports i use to ConnectServer

Try adding that ports in your firewall. and , open your server first and scan the ports.
Try using both TCP & UDP, in your . see if that works too.

If you're setting up a server in your own PC, use a Loopback adapter.

-
I'm using a Livebox too but yours is different.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok, i made the loopback adapter, insterted the ip in there, i dont know if this it should be ok but it says "Unidentified Network". Anyway, the rule for the ports it should be TCP or UDP? or both for the same port?

Sorry for being such a noob, but i'm giving my best :) thanks anyway for all your help

Edit:

i just did the loopback adapter, add new rule in firewall for the next ports "44405, 55900, 55909" one rule for each one, TCP, then i opened the server, it shows me that its running just fine, checking the ports and they are Timed-Out....

dang it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
If it's timed-out recheck your files ports again and IP's. see if it's correct. use both TCP & UDP firewall & your Livebox.
If the port 44405 is open and the gameserver is timed-out, recheck your gameserver config files.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If it's timed-out recheck your files ports again and IP's. see if it's correct. use both TCP & UDP firewall & your Livebox.
If the port 44405 is open and the gameserver is timed-out, recheck your gameserver config files.

everything checked, ip is correct cuz i copied from cmd>ipconfig. TCP&UDP&Livebox forward port all done, but still nothing....

the problem is the 44405 port. this is timed-out, not the GameServer. The server for me is fine, i can connect, i can play, i can do anything i want, but when i try to connect from another pc, i can't.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
use your WAN IP (Public), not the local IP,

first time when i set up the server, i used the public ip, and on this way it didn't work even for me. I mean, with the public ip the message "You have been disconnected from the server" appeared on my pc too. I don't know man, maybe is the file server wrong, i don´t know. I will gonna try with another MuServer File.... too bad cuz there was few bugs.

the files that i have installed, they came with a very good video tutorial, and i did everything in there, even the new rule on firewall for ports, but i don't know why isn't work por other persones

Upvote 0
Reaction score
no matter what files you use, it's going to be the same.
now create a loopback adapter and then put your WAN IP.
make sure in your server files all IP are the same (WAN IP) even client.

Also if you are hexing your main.exe to change the IP, and your IP ain't long enough to replace the main.exe IP.
replace those remaining numbers to "00" on the right pane,, not space.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
no matter what files you use, it's going to be the same.
now create a loopback adapter and then put your WAN IP.
make sure in your server files all IP are the same (WAN IP) even client.

Also if you are hexing your main.exe to change the IP, and your IP ain't long enough to replace the main.exe IP.
replace those remaining numbers to "00" on the right pane,, not space.

Look, this is the video that i used. I have the same files, i did the same steps. (i don't want to make add on that forum, sry for that)

Ok, the thing is, the developer of this files, told me that i don't need to hex the main.exe, it is enough to change on the main.txt, convert it to bmd and past in Data\Custom\.

I've tryed to hex the main.exe, but there isn't any ip to change in Hex Editor.

The thing with loopback adaptor i did, and after a restar of my pc, didn't let me anymore connect to the internet.

Upvote 0
Back