Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] "error-L2: His class is not allowed to use the skill" - (zTeam 6.3)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello dear community, I've recently started learning how to work with mu server files and managed to learn alot and even fixed some problems i had before . Anyway i have this error every time a character enters the game "error-L2: His class is not allowed to use the skill", I couldn't find any other scenarios that triggers this error . I have an hypothesis that this error shows because of the Castle Siege skills that are default for each new character . I also noticed that each class will show this error once on character entering, but Rage Fighter will trigger this error 6 times on a row(rage fighter has only 1 cs default skill) . I'll be glad to get help to get rid of this error or any idea you have to could help me progress . Thanks, Afik .

Edit : Sorry, I forgot to mention this error is showing on the Game Server .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: [HELP] "error-L2: His class is not allowed to use the skill" - (zTeam 6.3)

Hi. I've encountered this. What Mu Editor are you using?

The error appears when you are creating a character normally or using an editor?
Anyway, the Gameserver is taking care of that error by adding the correct skills for your character.

Also, the defaultCharacter table from DB can have a clue about that if the error persists without using an editor to make a character.

For me, and what I've observed with that error is that, when you are creating and trying to add the skills to the character using an editor, it will show that error when you are connecting with that character cause the MagicList table is using a different skill list from other Mu server dev projects which are not compatible with the zTeam.(Happened to me when I've used Titan Tech Editor so I've changed the entire editor and made my own editor custom for zTeam S6.3). But, yes, 100%, that error is triggered by using a semi-incompatible editor for zTeam(this is the case if the errors are triggered by creating a character using the editor, not from in-game character creation menu).

I've developed and added some features for the zTeam and play with the gameserver source code a lot. This is the best source code in my opinion, but yes, it's still full of bugs but you can fix it and even add a lot of new features.

A tip for errors in Gameserver: If you are a C++ dev and know how to use Visual Studio, just build the project under Debug mode inside the Gameserver folder(in the MuServer folder). This way, you can run the GameServer directly from the VS when building it and you can breakpoint and debug whereever you want and see what's happening with that piece of code.

Also, searching the error by name in the entire project could be helpful to see in what conditions these errors are showing up.

ZTEAM IS THE BEST xDD

tphe1234 - [HELP] "error-L2: His class is not allowed to use the skill" - (zTeam 6.3) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [HELP] "error-L2: His class is not allowed to use the skill" - (zTeam 6.3)

Hi. I've encountered this. What Mu Editor are you using?

The error appears when you are creating a character normally or using an editor?
Anyway, the Gameserver is taking care of that error by adding the correct skills for your character.

Also, the defaultCharacter table from DB can have a clue about that if the error persists without using an editor to make a character.

For me, and what I've observed with that error is that, when you are creating and trying to add the skills to the character using an editor, it will show that error when you are connecting with that character cause the MagicList table is using a different skill list from other Mu server dev projects which are not compatible with the zTeam.(Happened to me when I've used Titan Tech Editor so I've changed the entire editor and made my own editor custom for zTeam S6.3). But, yes, 100%, that error is triggered by using a semi-incompatible editor for zTeam(this is the case if the errors are triggered by creating a character using the editor, not from in-game character creation menu).

I've developed and added some features for the zTeam and play with the gameserver source code a lot. This is the best source code in my opinion, but yes, it's still full of bugs but you can fix it and even add a lot of new features.

A tip for errors in Gameserver: If you are a C++ dev and know how to use Visual Studio, just build the project under Debug mode inside the Gameserver folder(in the MuServer folder). This way, you can run the GameServer directly from the VS when building it and you can breakpoint and debug whereever you want and see what's happening with that piece of code.

Also, searching the error by name in the entire project could be helpful to see in what conditions these errors are showing up.

ZTEAM IS THE BEST xDD

tphe1234 - [HELP] "error-L2: His class is not allowed to use the skill" - (zTeam 6.3) - RaGEZONE Forums

Hay, thanks for your response, this error happens with characters that has been created normally through the character select menu .
Anyway i will try to check again which conditions triggers this error mabey i'll find something .
Thanks for all the tips :)

Upvote 0
Back