Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help estimating full server cost

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello.

I would appreciate some feedback regarding an estimation (not exact value spot on) regarding a full my server configuration which will include server files, maintenance, website, web hosting, server hosting (dedicated or VPS???) L, antohack Etc.

In order not to be vague I'll try to set some parameters:

*Server ideally should be season 2 but could do if it is season 6 with locked features.
*I would prefer IGCN as a source to buy files and support but I'm not limited to that only option.
*Antihack?
*I would appreciate some manuals or digital material regarding the setting up of the server. (I don't have mu server experience but I used to set up quite a lot msql databases in the past)
*VIP shop is not going to be used so no fuss.

Budget estimation for one off (server files and apps) as well as monthly (support) would be greatly appreciated.

John

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
  • Server Files: IGCN S6 = 380.18$ USD - One Time Payment
  • Monthly License = 29.12$ USD - First Month Is Free If Payed With Paypal -Monthly Payment
  • VPS = Usually around 10-30$ depending on the specs you get. I Recommend OVH or LGHOST - Monthly Or Yearly Payment
  • Website Host = are usually cheap around 5-10$ - Monthly Or Yearly Payment
  • IGCN Premium Tools = 75$ S6 E3 Comes with Lite version. - One Time Payment
  • Premium website templates and engine depends on who you pick.
  • Custom Features For The Web: Depends on what Your Wanting
  • Custom 3D models: Can be pricey i paid 20$ for just a fenrir and boss

Honestly if your new to mu and wanting to start i recommend using titantech s6 e3 files and getting used to the files and see if you like it then purchase IGCN and make a public server. But i wish you the best of luck.

So first month you would spend around 450-500$ then from then on it will be around 50$ monthly

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply.
As you said I don't have the experience on mu servers thats why I was trying to figure out roughly the cost. If I proceed I will definitely ask more help from the community. I won't pay a buckload of money and have nothing to work on.
As for your last comment, I am not familiar with titantech. Is there a link you could share either here on the post or via pm if forum rules forbid it.

Many thanks,
John

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sure don't worry here is the link: http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/titanstech-official-source-code-1089198/ as for another file i would recommend muemu s6 e3. But i used TT when i started its a good foundation to get started with. And trust me i understand the money thing IGCN is a pretty good company i'm just not dedicated to spend that kind of money for the community. To many servers in my opinion. But if you need help setting up a basic server i don't mind i will PM you my skype if you ever need help.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hello.

I would appreciate some feedback regarding an estimation (not exact value spot on) regarding a full my server configuration which will include server files, maintenance, website, web hosting, server hosting (dedicated or VPS???) L, antohack Etc.

In order not to be vague I'll try to set some parameters:

*Server ideally should be season 2 but could do if it is season 6 with locked features.
*I would prefer IGCN as a source to buy files and support but I'm not limited to that only option.
*Antihack?
*I would appreciate some manuals or digital material regarding the setting up of the server. (I don't have mu server experience but I used to set up quite a lot msql databases in the past)
*VIP shop is not going to be used so no fuss.

Budget estimation for one off (server files and apps) as well as monthly (support) would be greatly appreciated.

John

Hey!

Did you watch my video about premium/free files? if not maybe u should check it out.

If you decide premium go for IGCN or lastly X-Team i have only experience with IGCN and i love them, although the price is only for people who are really commited into making a serious server and will spend effort/time and money.
On the other hand free files are best for starters. My first season 2 server was created with MMT Files season 2 (took me 2-3 months to figure out making a server lol, now takes 20 mins)

* Season 2 / season 3 / Season 4 / there are plenty of fine free files to startup with with for example
Season 2
FILES + SOURCE THREAD
find server files/ client donwload links on the same thread replies.

* Like i said if u are ready to spend cash do it smart, set a plan and create a team or something, u can't go alone for this.. and if u do it'll take time to figure it out and learn from your mistakes. other than that go for some free files for the start and learn how this whole mu server thing works.

* Antihack.. depends on what season u use etc.. if IGCN they have somestandard atnihack and since season is newer and such is moreprotected than old seasons which require antihack.. so anyways LiveGuard is the only one i think on the market that people buy nowdays, UGK too but the guy's too busy, for older seasons antihack is super recommended!

* check my youtube channel made plenty of tuts for making ur server completely showing u step by step.
* vip and all this stuff are most usually optional anyways ;)

budgets...
- well for VPS around 30/40$ Monthly? 4GB ram minimum , 2-3 CPU Cores, Internet speed no worries nowdays every VPS have good speed (for mu ^^)
some HDD space like 40GB or more, windows 2008 r2 is the one i still use with sql 2008 aswel.
- antihack (depends ... probably like 20-30$ monthly ) extra
- Website (can use premium which i recommend MUONLINEWEBS) and is cheap but if not then mucore free version for the begin :) check my youtube channel for a tutorial to install it.
- files (optional like i said) up to you.

Good luck!
and DragonSeth i agree with ur posts !

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Coming back after quite lot of time.
I'd like to thank everyone for their input.

Unfortunately the team we created didn't manage to "convince" enough people to join to justify the project.
Most probable myself and one more will "lightly experiment" just to get the feeling on our home owned "4x xeon, 128gb ddr2" server but we won't release a public server soon.

Again a very warm thank you to everyone.

Upvote 0
Back