Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] How to force users open Launcher.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to block main.exe to open directly, force user open Launcher.exe.

My main:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to block main.exe to open directly, force user open Launcher.exe.

My main:

Firstly: use a clean main... you posted a packed main, so you cant get the correct offset easily
Secondary: If you have any dll source code like (zTeam or MuEmu) Comment mu.exe fix and then compile the dll (hook the dll to the main.exe (if you use clean main.exe)) and then rename the Launcher.exe to mu.exe, thats all. ^^

Ps.: if don't work, the launcher need some command line options to start the client

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't have a unpacked main and i don't know how to code dll to do this function =/

Upvote 0
Reaction score
@marcmarccc 'muzic25' is right, u have 2 options... ur main wont run on ollydbg etc, (atleast for me it takes ages or so) u have 2 options... 1 hook a .dll that has this fix to prompt main.exe to open mu.exe after run. OR check the settings in the folder u uploaded MainInfo.ini there is Launcher=0 make it 1 maybe it will then enable? i dont know cuz no experience with muemu files atm. good luck!

i saw soemwhere the source code to make a .dll and hook that .dll to main.exe but cant find it anywhere now. please ask at muemu threads better!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@marcmarccc 'muzic25' is right, u have 2 options... ur main wont run on ollydbg etc, (atleast for me it takes ages or so) u have 2 options... 1 hook a .dll that has this fix to prompt main.exe to open mu.exe after run. OR check the settings in the folder u uploaded MainInfo.ini there is Launcher=0 make it 1 maybe it will then enable? i dont know cuz no experience with muemu files atm. good luck!

i saw soemwhere the source code to make a .dll and hook that .dll to main.exe but cant find it anywhere now. please ask at muemu threads better!

LauncherType=1 only work for x-team launcher and i'm able to find one here, now working thank you anyways.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
@franlley next time make a new thread instead ;)

ur launcher must be named MU.EXE only in order to force from main.exe
unless u using muadmins antihack or other antihack that forces custom named .exe after run main.exe

to force u need to do this with ollydbg:

or like myheart said code this source code and make it .dll and hook it on ur main.exe
Code:
create dll to check mu.exe
if(open)
start main
else
close main

search for text: mu.exe
find the 3rd mu.exe
click it and it will redirect u to offsets

now check this post
http://forum.ragezone.com/f82/push-main-running-launcher-779197-post6536045/#post6536045

ollydbg download:

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
franlley next time make a new thread instead ;)

unless u using muadmins antihack or other antihack that forces custom named .exe after run main.exe

or like myheart said code this source code and make it .dll and hook it on ur main.exe
Code:
if(open)
start main
else
close main

find the 3rd mu.exe

now check this post
http://forum.ragezone.com/f82/push-main-running-launcher-779197-post6536045/#post6536045

ollydbg download:

Thank you for reply. But i failed at ollydbg.
I will try myheart code.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
franlley next time make a new thread instead ;)

Code:
if(open)
start main
else
close main

find the 3rd mu.exe

now check this post

ollydbg download:

finally, i managed to do this. but after press Start Game, main.exe didn't pop out.
What seems the problem ?

Upvote 0
Back