Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Mu online season 13 packets?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to use proxy programs like I used to do in S6+ but it all changed and the protocols supported by those old programs are ... duh.. outdated... I was just gonna ask what's needed in order to update the protocols to use it in like e.g. a SXII server or even a SXIII ..

here's a video of someone using it for S10:

I will highly appreciate the knowledge shared from whoever decides to help me with this thing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use proxy programs too,and i play in many servers,if u software has this option try it . First with TCP protocol and after with UDP.Work for me

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to use proxy programs like I used to do in S6+ but it all changed and the protocols supported by those old programs are ... duh.. outdated... I was just gonna ask what's needed in order to update the protocols to use it in like e.g. a SXII server or even a SXIII ..

here's a video of someone using it for S10:

I will highly appreciate the knowledge shared from whoever decides to help me with this thing

I really doubt anyone will give you S13 packet structures...

It's what is granting IGCN lots of money by being the only "commercial" release running under S13 client.

But with GMO upgrading to S13 I think it will be a lot easier to sniff packets and analyse what has changed.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really doubt anyone will give you S13 packet structures...

It's what is granting IGCN lots of money by being the only "commercial" release running under S13 client.

But with GMO upgrading to S13 I think it will be a lot easier to sniff packets and analyse what has changed.

... But what about the leaked IGC SXII server files? those include the entire packet structures along with the encryption and also come along with the new packet twister thing... What is so different those ones from a SXIII? I'm pretty sure not a lot could change in a year (knowing that SXII Ep 2 was released in Korea approx. May 24th 2017, and SXIII Ep 2 was release August 28th 2018...) so any input on that?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
... But what about the leaked IGC SXII server files? those include the entire packet structures along with the encryption and also come along with the new packet twister thing... What is so different those ones from a SXIII? I'm pretty sure not a lot could change in a year (knowing that SXII Ep 2 was released in Korea approx. May 24th 2017, and SXIII Ep 2 was release August 28th 2018...) so any input on that?

Well... As I pointed out only IGCN is actually working on analysing the S13 protocol (and AFAIK they S13 server is very buggy yet). I don't know about anyone else doing it. However if the "devs" in IGCN managed to do it I think anyone with a bare minimum knowledge of reverse engineering can do it too.

You are probably right though. In one year it is likely that the protocol did not change too much from S12. Unless webzen worked specifically to change the protocol, if that is the case it can be a hard task to do.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... As I pointed out only IGCN is actually working on analysing the S13 protocol (and AFAIK they S13 server is very buggy yet). I don't know about anyone else doing it. However if the "devs" in IGCN managed to do it I think anyone with a bare minimum knowledge of reverse engineering can do it too.

You are probably right though. In one year it is likely that the protocol did not change too much from S12. Unless webzen worked specifically to change the protocol, if that is the case it can be a hard task to do.

A quick look at their IGC.dll (from a server I'm playing using SXIII) they are using the same exact key from SXII (from the leaked server files) so I assume they are using the same packet structure along with the same packet encryption/decryption scheme.

old leaked files packet structure key definition:
KPJub6i - [Help] Mu online season 13 packets? - RaGEZONE Forums

SXIII server I'm playing using the exact same key from SXII...
kxwDO44 - [Help] Mu online season 13 packets? - RaGEZONE Forums

I guess I'm on good tracks if I don't have to reverse much of the SXIII packet structure then!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A quick look at their IGC.dll (from a server I'm playing using SXIII) they are using the same exact key from SXII (from the leaked server files) so I assume they are using the same packet structure along with the same packet encryption/decryption scheme.

old leaked files packet structure key definition:
KPJub6i - [Help] Mu online season 13 packets? - RaGEZONE Forums

SXIII server I'm playing using the exact same key from SXII...
kxwDO44 - [Help] Mu online season 13 packets? - RaGEZONE Forums

I guess I'm on good tracks if I don't have to reverse much of the SXIII packet structure then!

It is not correct to assume the packet structures remained the same from S12 to S13 because you found the S12 keys in some S13 IGC.dll. Even imagining IGCN is dumb enough to not protect vital data like enc/dec keys and even more dumb to use the same enc/dec algorithm, it does not mean in any sense the communication protocol remained untouched from S12 to S13. It is very likely that something have changed just by seeing the amount of errors in IGCN's S13 that is probably caused by wrong protocol assumption from server to client.

I would say the following: if webzen did nothing towards protecting S13 protocol, we can assume that probably only few things changed. But I guess it's a fact that some things has changed.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is not correct to assume the packet structures remained the same from S12 to S13 because you found the S12 keys in some S13 IGC.dll. Even imagining IGCN is dumb enough to not protect vital data like enc/dec keys and even more dumb to use the same enc/dec algorithm, it does not mean in any sense the communication protocol remained untouched from S12 to S13. It is very likely that something have changed just by seeing the amount of errors in IGCN's S13 that is probably caused by wrong protocol assumption from server to client.

I would say the following: if webzen did nothing towards protecting S13 protocol, we can assume that probably only few things changed. But I guess it's a fact that some things has changed.

Ok yeah I might have gone a little naive there, I'm definitely with you on the fact that SOME things might have changed, but I still hold onto my original premise, not everything must have changed.... like a groundbreaking change from SXII to SXIII... so I assume the packets structure has to be the same if not, well, just like you said, maybe somethings changed here and there... Essentially they are copying WZ packet structure.. so following the history with WZ, they tend to keep doing the same for every other version/season.... e.g. S1 to S6+ they used the SimpleModulus packet encryption/decryption with simple xors and stuff, then when they introduced Ex700 now that's where they started switching things around and they introduced the PacketTwister encryption layer along with... maybe... preparing the floor for the next seasons to come... now IGC has done a great job reversing the SXIII protocol, and I guess with that leak of SXII it's definitely a good start to follow up from there...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok yeah I might have gone a little naive there, I'm definitely with you on the fact that SOME things might have changed, but I still hold onto my original premise, not everything must have changed.... like a groundbreaking change from SXII to SXIII... so I assume the packets structure has to be the same if not, well, just like you said, maybe somethings changed here and there... Essentially they are copying WZ packet structure.. so following the history with WZ, they tend to keep doing the same for every other version/season.... e.g. S1 to S6+ they used the SimpleModulus packet encryption/decryption with simple xors and stuff, then when they introduced Ex700 now that's where they started switching things around and they introduced the PacketTwister encryption layer along with... maybe... preparing the floor for the next seasons to come... now IGC has done a great job reversing the SXIII protocol, and I guess with that leak of SXII it's definitely a good start to follow up from there...

Yep, my only concern is that S12 code is nearly unusable. There are A LOT of logic errors in the code (you can follow a discussion about the actual state of this code here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f192/discussion-cents-igcn-source-code-1152602/).

But yep, I guess using that S12 code just as a starting point to start right away to analysing the S13 protocol is somehow okay.

Best wishes on this quest :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, my only concern is that S12 code is nearly unusable. There are A LOT of logic errors in the code (you can follow a discussion about the actual state of this code here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f192/discussion-cents-igcn-source-code-1152602/).

But yep, I guess using that S12 code just as a starting point to start right away to analysing the S13 protocol is somehow okay.

Best wishes on this quest :)

thanks man, appreciated, also thanks for linking to the discussion, definitely gonna check it out ^^

Upvote 0
Back